Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Past Q/A's from FF for Outspark!

This thread will contain all the past questions/answers we've got from Outspark. If you'd like to discuss answers or add questions of your own, feel free to do so here.

Remember, SKiNG will gift a Cash Shop item as a prize to the best/most well thought out question of the month, so don't hesitate to ask!

Past Winners

End of Jan/Feb 09 : Zwivix
Quote:
How do you decide when/how much to raise the level cap. Is it when you get a certain amount of people capped? The next cap raise is to 105 why not 99?

March 09: CrazyVietFs
Quote:
Guildie and Friends that are joining in PVP are ganging up on other people, or it is that they let their guild members kill them, so that the guildie will get first place and get purple item etc.... stuff like that. Will you guy take a look into that, or preventing same guildie enter PVP KQ? "Well it may occour they quit the guild and get invite back in guild later... the question is that, it had been a real problem occurring lately... any action or planning on that issue?

April 09: Sparky_96
Quote:
Are you guys going to implement marriage-related emotes for married characters?
Original question was "Are you guys planning on making kiss emo?" but I reworded it to make it sound a little better. xD

May 09: Kenryuu
Quote:
We had a few questions regarding with what happens when cap is max'd. We're wondering if we could get any more details/info about it. So: What will you do after the cap is at the max?

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-05-2009 at 07:55 AM..
Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

End of Januaray/February 09
27 Jan 09

If and when would we be able to store Cash Shop items in storage so we can use our CS items on other characters on the account and it helps keep the inventory clean from permanent CS items clogging the inventory

Currently, there are no plans to allow CS items in your storage. However, there have been discussions about a premium storage seperate from your normal storage. As far as sharing CS item among your characters, this has not been discussed internally yet.

---------------------

2 Feb 09

Will there be a a facility to change servers in the near future while keeping the same character? Please?

I assume you’re asking about character transfers? We talked about this within the team about a year ago but with so many crazy things going on, it was hard to follow up considering the other priorities on the list. So to somewhat answer your question, yes we do want to add this service but to when, we don’t know yet. Perhaps when we open another server, we will add the service to the list of things to do.

How do you decide when/how much to raise the level cap. Is it when you get a certain amount of people capped? The next cap raise is to 105 why not 99?

Schedule for level cap is decided on 3 factors.
1. % of players capped
2. Time between previous cap
3. Readiness of level cap content
Final level cap is 120. While we do have influence on how new content should be played out, Ons On felt the next 2 level caps should be split evenly. 15 levels apart.

How does Outspark determine what changes to make to the game? Do they look at tickets submitted? Browse through forums? Get info from CLs? Polls? Etc.

Our team looks at different factors.
- Customer Service Report
- Community Team Report
- Forums (Outspark and Fansites)
- CLs
- GLs
- Polls
- Surveys
- Character Trends
- Data from Fiesta in other countries
- Analytic Tools
- In-game chatter
- etc...

There are many factors to be considered before finalizing a decision. Questions are to be asked...

- What % of users does this change effect?
- How does this effect new users?
- How much development time will this take?
- Does the time required for development prove to have positive value?
- How does it effect game balance?
- Does it delay upcoming planning content?
- Does the current code allow for this change?

The questions go on...

---------------------

14 Feb 09

Why were the perm outfits taken out of the cash shop, and why did they do it secretly?

They were taken out due to a bug with the shop. We don’t currently have a schedule for when they will be released again, but they will come again. It was not taken out secretly, there was a forum announcement.

Will outspark release Tier 5 Decomposition recipe / alchemy stones soon?

With the level cap to 105, they should be released. 105 release is expected around April.

Is cooking system coming soon? o:

Schedule is still pending. Currently, developers are focused on releasing 105, Weapon Skins and Housing…

---------------------

18 Feb 09

Is there going to be a mail system (this would be really awesome), if so, when.

We have talked about this before but it is currently not in our scope. I think it would be too much development time to get this implemented. Also consider costs and server load for a mail server of some sort integrated in the game. Our other alternative plans right now are implementing a system out-game. As you can see by visiting Outspark.com, we’ve made some improvements to our portal and profile section. This is just another step in what we’re doing by improving our services. Many wonder, what do we do while we wait for our developers to provide, well we work on what we DO have 100% control on, which is our site and services.

Is there going to be an auction house type of sale system, if so, when.

No plans yet but we have been looking into other alternatives which I cannot discuss at this time.

Helga Weapon has insane damages, will you guy lower the damage during the next cap raise to 105? It is just my imagination to see a fighter full end gear +9 lvl 90+ fighter withCookie, Extender, +9 Helga axe 4000 ~ 6000+...

Good question. I don’t have a definite answer right now but we have been reviewing this for some time. The cause for this is due to the original level of Helga weapons. If someone of you recall, the actual level for these weapons are higher. We altered the level of the weapon so players didn’t have to wait for so long to begin using them.

I want to state that our team does in fact recognize all of the game balance issues as we ARE gamers ourselves. Having these issues resolved is not as easy as saying, “hey there’s something wrong, fix it!”. As you may or may not know, any change made to balance will always have some chain effect to other areas of the game. Making changes to balance is something on-going and we will continue to work on the plans for balance changes.

---------------------

27 Feb 09

Since you guys won Best Game for Beginners, how will you guys try to keep that title and not let someone else take the title?

Outspark continues to evaluate the "First 15 Minutes" experience for all of our games. This is an on-going effort to help new players easily transition into the worlds and hopefully become active players within our communities. We often hold focus groups at our office where random gamers will come in and go through a new user experience and get their chance to provide feedback on their experience. Subway sandwiches, soda and other goodies included.

Are you guys always following the Korean Version of Fiesta, will there be any difference between them in the end?

Most likely, at first there will not be any difference because the content is already there. However It is possible for our version to be different. Ons On is very busy developing for 7 or so (lost count atm) versions of Fiesta and with the size of their team, I doubt they have within their capacity to design new "end game" content. That is where our team will hopefully come into play and help them create end game content for our own version. There have already been many ideas and changes made to our version that other versions do not have. Generally though, strategy that proves success in one of the versions usually is mimicked in another version if that publisher sees fit.

Will OS make enhancing in game better like what Korean and Japanese does?
- Enhancing from +1 to +3 is 100% successful, guaranteed.
- Enhancing from +4 to +6 can fail, but cannot break.
- Enhancing from +7 onwards is as usual, but rates appear higher.
- Hence, everyone can do a +6, and with a few miles, +9.

I confirmed with Ons On. Statistically and by design, our version is already easier than the Korean and Japanese version already.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

5 March 09

My question is... will they ever release a more detailed patch note? I suppose finding it out on our own is half the fun. But I like to know in the patch that our AoE's now have that circle and such.

We recognize our patch notes are not the best they could be. It’s definitely not intentional to leave out information. Most of the time, it’s the lack of information we receive from our developer. However, we’re improving some process to make sure our patch notes are more detailed so we won’t leave out important things.

When will Swamp of Dawn and other similar areas be open for us?

Swamp of Dawn is scheduled to release with the level 105 release.

Are there any GMs based overseas? Or just GMs working around the clock? Since at times, they seem to be on at almost any time of the day XD

We no longer have GMs based overseas. The ones we did have were GM_MagicGirl, GM_Breath, GM_Kenny, GM_Frank. The ones you see currently “around the clock” are the GMs who work at our US office that choose to help out outside of their normal work hours. Unpaid of course.

---------------------

11 March 09

Will OS make NPC in towns, sell Permanent mount that looks like Cash shop mount but got lower speed?

It’s possible. We will review this idea.

As we already having a really nice Gifting system... I want to know if is it possible that sometime in the near future... are we able to send Gift from "My Purchase Bag"... plz... Don't ask why... I'm a Remi addict... and I really do want to give to my friends some of the junk in which I don't need...

We have this feature in planning but no release date yet. It’s technically already possible on our end but we need to ensure the flow makes sense on a customer and business end.

Is OS ever going to release all of the skills from the original version?

Funny I receive this question today. I just finished speaking to the folks in Korea 30 minutes prior about following up with our “class balance” report. It’s definitely a long process but hopefully we will see some positive changes near the end of April. I can’t discuss the changes because nothing is final as of yet.

---------------------

16 March 09

So, what's up with this? http://events.outspark.com/2009/fiesta/evilisamongus/

It's been out for a while but i'll do my best to answer and provide more info. Angels & Demons is our attempt to expand on the story of Fiesta. As the story progresses, you will find that evil is creeping into the world of Isya and it's up to the players to decide who they support (in roleplay form). The event begins with the release of the Angel and Demon items along with in-game events. Going forward, you will begin to see more story evolve with new content releases. Such as the cap raise, guild tournament, new class... (oops did I say that?).

And of course, new, fun events that DON'T include SparkCash. Yes I know, hard to believe, but if some would pay attention, we actually haven't had a SparkCash required in-game event in almost 6 months. Maybe longer. (I took over operations for all games in December.) Granted we have a lot of SparkCash & Item promotions, but that is where we find our balance. I will definitely admit that we can do better at the balance part. With the addtions of new GMs, we will begin having more in-game events (especially the weekends) moving forward. Ok, I totally went off-topic from the original question so I'll stop here hah.

Are PVP set items supposed to be binded to the player? Why can't we sell, trade, or even STORE them?

Yes by design. But I was told that not all items are binded.

[Insert photos] Who are these people and what are they doing in the game files? @__@ Source of this: http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18786

Oh that... This is actually the mistake of one of our employees. He is the guy that builds the patch after receiving them from Ons On. A while back he did some tests and use those photos as part of the test. But he forgot to take them back out. The new installers should not have those pictures heh.

---------------------

23 March 09

Will there be instance dungeons for lower levels? If so, is it possible to know when?

For levels between 5x and 8x, they are planned for August for now.

Would anything be added to prevent leechers in kq?

We recently added "requirements" to obtain rewards in KQs. We will continue to evaluate the situation and improve as time goes by.

The iron box is a great asset to inventory. Are there any plans to create a permanent storage expansion?

Developer said this is impossible to do with current code structure.

---------------------

30 March 09

Will you guys put more mobs in 7x and 8x abyss (or expand the areas), b/c it seem there aren't that much mobs.

We can look at this. But keep in mind, as we add more mobs in the server, this can decrease performance in the game. Adding a monster is equal to another player logging into that zone.

Guildie and Friends that are joining in PVP are ganging up on other people, or it is that they let their guild members kill them, so that the guildie will get first place and get purple item etc.... stuff like that. Will you guy take a look into that, or preventing same guildie enter PVP KQ? "Well it may occour they quit the guild and get invite back in guild later... the question is that, it had been a real problem occurring lately... any action or planning on that issue?
We can look into this. If you have possible solutions to this, we are open ears.

Are you guys planning on releasing new titles?

No plans as of yet. But not out of the question.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-05-2009 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

6 April 09

Any thoughts on implementing buff icons for cash shop items (e.g. a buff icon for users using extenders/charms/etc)?

This should be possible. I will see what the developer's thoughts are. But consider some players may not want others to know what "premiums" they are currently using. It's a sensitive subject.

Mmm, not sure if this was addressed, but why do Mages and Archers have such low stone capacities compared to Fighters and Clerics? Was it by design or is it still a bug?

This is by design. Generally speaking in most MMORPG games, Mage/Archer classes cannot carry the same weight as a Fighter or Cleric class.

Any idea's about extending the friend list to 100?

Outspark has brought this up to Ons On before. They mentioned that this will increase server load but I will ask again.

---------------------

13 April 09

Does the special item drop rate change when a 'special drop quest' is going on? For example, when Easter Eggs were dropping, do they drop at their own rate or do they get counted as a special drop and lower the amount of greens and other quest items (i.e. King Mushroom spores) that drop? I hope I explained that well enough.

Seasonal quests that require special drops, have a % that is set in respects to each individual quest.

How do you determine what goes into the Cash Shop and what doesnt? Im sure there are ALOT of items not released, and how do you determine which ones get released first?

Demand, Feedback, Seasonality, Schedule, Availability, Stability, Strategy all come into play when deciding how items are released.

Has Outspark ever thought of having a shop that allows Buying and Selling at the same time? It would make things a lot easier and less time consuming.

Yes, we are working on a plan, too early to divulge any information however.

---------------------

20 April 09

Are you guys thinking about releasing any more new games? I haven't been very interested in your new releases like Blackshot or Wind Slayer.

Dance Groove is coming soon along with a few other games in the next few months (can't release info).

Below was originally two Q's but it got combined into one xD
Will Outspark ever sanction guild wars to be held in a separate map away from vendors and afk players with voided respawn zones and stones merchant zone? (Voided meaning - you cannot attack or be attacked while in this area and you cannot re-enter after you have left until you die or run out of stones) If so when will it be released?

Currently in planning. This will be conceptualized by Outspark as we can obviously see many guild/pvp flaws with the current designs made by Ons On.

---------------------

27 April 09

Are you guys going to implement marriage-related emotes for married characters?

Have not thought about this but we will pass it along.

Is the Outspark version of Fiesta ending at 120? Or is it that you havent gotten the rights for anything higher?

We are a liberty to suggest how we want our version to be. We are not limited by design in some aspects.

Hmm...I saw on many games a security lock...Are you guys gonna release a security lock for storage in case someone got hacked?

We've suggested this before. This is still in discussion with the developer.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-05-2009 at 07:45 AM..
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

4 May 09

Is OS gonna ever add more quest for 9x? I mean alot of people are not playing til they do. Are they waiting in vain? Or are you waiting for the Race for 1Mil SparkCash ends?

They are still in development. Some in test/bug fixing, some still being localized.

Will you make some costumes can be purchased in the game like White tuxedo (1day) like for xxx silver or xxx copper?

We haven't thought of this idea but we'll look into it.

Any ideas about releasing +10 weapons?

This is based on Ons On's development schedule. No word yet.

---------------------

11 May 09

Will OS make CS thing sellable just like in Bright Kingdom?

No plans for that yet.

50 blues seem to be super duper rare, as meant there aren't more than 5 that exist in Teva, I was hoping that it would be like 20 – 30… any plans on increasing that?

No plans for that.

Is there any thought on making time sensitive Cash Shop items count only when your logged on, like buffs run in-game?

We have considered this before but we do not think it will happen.

---------------------

18 May 09

Will there be a PK server?

This is in planning.

Any chance Outspark is going to either release more quests or bump up the quest rewards for level 50+ Like they did earlier, so you could reach 1~30 from quests alone.

There is no plan to do this.

We had a few questions regarding with what happens when cap is max'd. We're wondering if we could get any more details/info about it. So: What will you do after the cap is at the max?

There are plans for end game content.

(In conceptual phase, these ideas are not final)
- Server vs Server PK
- Capture the flag
- Relic Raids
- Mini Games
- Champion Quests
- Objective Dungeons vs other servers

---------------------

25 May 09

Are the GLs still around?

No. This program is on hold for various reasons. None of which had anything to do with the GLs. The GLs all did a great job.

Would be possible to have a level limit on Uruga scrolls... say level 10/level 15... etc.

This has been discussed before. We will revisit the issue.

Why aren't STR set rings STR/INT so both mages and other classes can use them?
We will look into it. Possibly something overlooked.