Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Is there a God?
There are many gods. 2 3.17%
There is one impersonal god. 2 3.17%
There is one personal god 13 20.63%
There is/are no god(s) 14 22.22%
There may be a god/gods, but so far there is no proof of their existence. 32 50.79%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #721
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
Because it was conseded earlier that when it comes to the historical points it was accurate in the new testament by Ivra.

Uhh no. Maybe when considering the locations of cities and such fine. Points such as they relate to theological aspects are the ones in question, not anything else. Read my post again.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #722
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
That's why i said, Quote: "When it comes to the HISTORICAL points." I've stated several times that it's the historical points i'm using to back up my debate, not the theological ones. Reread MY posts.

Once again, i'll cite this refference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_th...s_an_historian
Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #723
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
How does one divide exactly what is historical and what is theological? Ever read a fictional story based on true events?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #724
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
The events that can be proven historically, such as the Crusifixion and persecution of Jesus, would be considered historical. The miracles and such that require faith would be considered Theological.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #725
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
That's why i said, Quote: "When it comes to the HISTORICAL points." I've stated several times that it's the historical points i'm using to back up my debate, not the theological ones. Reread MY posts.

Once again, i'll cite this refference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_th...s_an_historian

Reread it. All the Historians and Archaeologists supporting Luke as sourced in that article are noted Apologists. Possible conflict of interest?

Which historical points in particular? Number of people at Palm Sunday, number of people at execution, what? I still don't see how a sudden attitude-change is all that relevant as to whether or not the theory holds any water.

That the only possible explanation was that God heartened their hearts = must have been God?

Ugh.

Originally Posted by Jikanu
And your point about the High Priest's supporters would rely on the idea that 1. The high priests had the majority of the people who attended the presenting to Pilate's side, which i doubt they did based mainly upon palm sunday, and 2. That they had come to some kind of consensus. Which, if you're correct, they hadn't. Their unity was so great that it convinced Pilate that the only way to stop a riot was to release Barbaras instead of Jesus. He truly believed that he was innocent, and would've taken any chance he could've to have released him peacefully.

And Psychologically it's the only feasible explaination. People can't change that swiftly from Worship to Condemning without Feasible Proof.

I'll address this anyway again, despite everything. Set-up. Mob-mentality. Individual is smart, mob is stupid. How do you know whether the same people at the Palm Sunday were the same at the square? How does anyone know whether they were seeded or not? I'd consider any other explanations first rather than just saying God hardened their hearts.

Because our degrees in psychology/sociology and human nature tell us so? Be careful about making categorical propositions.

Edit: I would also read the article's Talk Page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Luke_the_Evangelist

Last edited by Ivramire; 06-29-2009 at 08:41 PM..
Closed Thread