Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Solo hogging in Dungeon?

What are your thoughts on this?

My duo partner and I have been trying to find a room to grind in at the Dungeon of Abyss. Since it's the weekend, we know that it's fairly busy.

However, I got pretty annoyed when I see people solo hogging a room. D: They kill so slow when they mob (usually clerics who do this, sometimes fighters) yet they wanna grab the whole room. =.="

We didn't try to take the room or anything... we didn't really wanna pick fights with other people, and they did get there first so it's all fair I guess... but why can't they solo in the hallways where the mobs are instead of hogging a whole room? =[ There are less mobs there, more manageable when they're soloing, and probably a lot safer too. >_>

Booo!!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
lmao yeah xD the other day, lil and I went into a room where there was this one mid 50's mage at the beginning of it - we aoed on the other side and he STILL complained about us being there. And I told lil, if we weren't there, he'd become a katamari damacy ball but instead of buildings he'd have stuck in the middle of a karasian ball. >_>

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 04-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
lmao yeah xD the other day, lil and I went into a room where there was this one mid 50's mage at the beginning of it - we aoed on the other side and he STILL complained about us being there. And I told lil, if we weren't there, he'd become a katamari damacy ball but instead of buildings he'd have stuck in the middle of a karasian ball. >_>
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Yeah. We got told off by some fighter once for taking his room. Seriously though, we can kill 7392349234 mobs in the time he kills 1. Well, exaggerated of course but... BOOO!! Still yelled at us and complained how we stole his spot. I don't think we were taking ALL the mobs either. >_>
Old 04-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
yeah, if there's somebody else in our room or we go in their room, we usually share it and keep on the other side and leave them enough mobs. But I mean, when I go solo in there on my cleric, I don't even go in rooms, I go in the 'hallways', where there are a good number of mobs but they're just a bit more spread out but still enough to get 1-3 on you at a time. If your'e soloing, why waste stones and pots on additional mobs anyways @_@

Teva

Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
But I mean, when I go solo in there on my cleric, I don't even go in rooms, I go in the 'hallways', where there are a good number of mobs but they're just a bit more spread out but still enough to get 1-3 on you at a time. If your'e soloing, why waste stones and pots on additional mobs anyways @_@
EXACTLY! -shakes head in frustration-
Old 04-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

The only time I mob-hug is if I feel threatened of losing all the spawn I NEED (not that I WANT) in order to keep a decent rate of leveling up, but even then like I said, I only would wanna keep 2-3 on me. @_@ not 5+ XD

Teva

Old 04-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I hate it. But you know... you don't have to respect their space. You can go fight in the room if you want.

My party once went into a room to kill. We thought it was empty til we saw a lone mage on the other side(it was a big room). He tried telling us he had the room claimed <.<
Old 04-07-2008, 04:30 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
Patches was rounding them up and bringing them to us near the door, so when the solo mage went past us by toolrocket did not realize it was not Patches and singularly hit one of the mobs. Once he realized it was not Patches he apologized immediately but the guy was already on a “Don’t steal mobs” campaign. Spirit tried to explain it was unintentional but he was argumentative.[/COLOR]
OMGGG That happened to me the other day in SEG!! I was duo-ing with a guildie at the harkans area when this cleric on a horse flew by us with a train of mobs. She was heading towards the gate area so I thought she was training mobs to get outa the map, so I started hitting the mobs. Then she comes back yelling at me for stealing, and I told her that I thought she was just training her way out, but noo she insisted on chucking a little missy tantrum about it.

We dropped it, but she proceeded to take all the mobs in the area which really annoyed us. We asked if we could at least share the place or something, but she went on saying it's against the rules to claim the area (wth?). So what I did was went down to THEIR area and sat my butt there and lured mobs when they spawned and hogged them to myself just to annoy them back. Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh~

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I hate it. But you know... you don't have to respect their space. You can go fight in the room if you want.
I want to do that but sometimes I feel meann if I do. Maybe I'll try that on people who are solo-ing in huge rooms or something, LOL.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:37 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!!! Personally I believe in first in first served.... So if i was at a spot 1st.. and someone else tries to take over a spot.. i'll do all that i can to drive them out... and that's often leaving wat I was hitting and going for the newly spawn mobs

if they still wanna stay after only getting just 1 or two mobs.. every min... then fine...

but i only do that when i know i can take on 10 mobs or watever.. keke i dont do anything like that in AEW (yet)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah, if a party is in a room, yeah, I'll give them their space. But if its a soloer, or a duo, I'ma try to move in too.
Closed Thread