Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
maddox_true
Mushroom

maddox_true is on a distinguished road
what do i do about 103!

ok so error 103 wont let me on. help me!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Screenshots and more detail. We're not all computer experts.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Haven't we determined that every error is fixed by a complete uninstall/reinstall? I think that should be our default answer for every tech question.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
lol

Googling error 103, it sounds like spyware. Screenshots or more details would help.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #5
Nix
Slime

Nix is on a distinguished road
I have error 103! plz help me I have screenshoots
hello, I have played fiesta since January (current year) and I had never had this troubleshooting error (that I HATE) which dont let me log in properly. eventually I log in correctly but I have a TERRIBLE lag that dont let me play at all

I dont now how to paste an image cuz I copy but the paste ption is not available IDN why. its just a small window which says "protection error/error 103" that's it tha Fckg error dnt let me play ! that's it
Old 12-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
To post images:

1. Save your screenshot in paint as JPG or something.
2. Upload it on a picture hosting site (e.g. http://www.imageshack.us/)
3. Copy and paste the direct image link here and put the codes [*img] [/img] around the link (without the *).
OR : You can just click the clipart icon (little icon with a yellow background) and just copy and paste the direct image link there.

As for your problem, I'm not sure but someone else might know the solution.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Well I read that it's a permissions problem, and it only happens after a specific windows update, mostly with a windows media centre OS.

A lot of people suggest installing into C:\ rather than C:\Program Files, since apparently permissions to Program Files is not working. Try this first as it is the easiest in my opinion.

Another possible solution I took from here:

http://forums.techguy.org/4811066-post5.html

I'll explain each step. Red is me.

Quote:

Assuming your My Docs Folder and Game Folder are both on C:

1: Turn off 'simple file sharing'.
Quick copy paste from microsoft:
  1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
  3. Click the View tab.
  4. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
  5. Click OK.
2: Get properties on C: and hit the Security tab.
Simple enough.

3: Remove everything in there.
Uncheck everything.

4: Click add and type Administrators then click Ok. (And nothing more unless you have a specific reason why)
Self-explanatory.

5: Make sure all the boxes below are checked to allow.
There will boxes underneath "Administrators" where you can check allow. This wll give full permissions to administrator again - which was the problem in the first place.

6: Click the Advanced Button.

7: At the bottom, click "Replace permission entries on all child objects..." so it has a tick.

8: Click ok, and on the box beneath, click ok on that too.

And another possible solution from the same guy, I'll explain it below using microsoft's procedure

Quote:
Some people have resolved it by running an error check on thei r hard drives so you can attempt to repair any bad sectors.

Sourced from microsoft:
Manual steps to run Chkdsk at the command prompt
  1. Click Start, and then Run.
  2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
  3. Use one of the following procedures:
    • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, at the command prompt, type chkdsk, and then press ENTER.
    • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/f, and then press ENTER.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
      Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
      Type Y, and then press ENTER to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.
    • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
      Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
      Type Y, and then press ENTER to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

I can only hope one of these works for you. I can't guarantee a fix since I've never personally experienced the 103 error.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
Nix
Slime

Nix is on a distinguished road
it didn't work! BUT ty! :)
I tried the 2nd and the 3rd recommendation but they did not work. the 1st one...well I have a dounbt...should I reinstall the whole game into the "c:"? like that? why not "cut-paste" the "outspark file" that is located in "C: program file" ? and SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT "I'm venezuelan so my pc in all in spanish...do u think there could be a typo or something missing by my part? I just say...ty for ur help tho dude
Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
Plunger
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Plunger, Plumber
Current Level: 58, 41
Plunger has disabled reputation
Uninstall the entire game and make sure that it's installed in C drive.

Thanks for the awesome siggy Loveless!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Originally Posted by Nix View Post
I tried the 2nd and the 3rd recommendation but they did not work. the 1st one...well I have a dounbt...should I reinstall the whole game into the "c:"? like that? why not "cut-paste" the "outspark file" that is located in "C: program file" ? and SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT "I'm venezuelan so my pc in all in spanish...do u think there could be a typo or something missing by my part? I just say...ty for ur help tho dude

Do as plunger asks above. As for language differences and how they affect what I ask of you, I'm not sure. I know Microsoft wouldn't rearrange anything (buttons and such) when changing languages on their operating system though (the only doubt I have is if administrator should be spelled in your language or english, I'm not sure). Hope this response is helpful.
Closed Thread