Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Computer help needed.

Okay, I've been putting this off for a long time, but I've finally decided to get rid of Vista and go with XP.

The thing is, I never got an installation disk, so in case I have to install it back for some reason, I won't be able to. Since I can't ask Microsoft support about this due to the fact that my PID gets rejected for no reason, as well as the fact that they charge you almost $60 CAD for email support (total BS, I know...), I'm asking you guys.

Is it possible to create an installation disk from an existing OS? Not a recovery disk mind you, but an INSTALLATION disk?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
A far simpler solution would be simply acquire the ISO files. When you buy Windows, you buy the key and not the disk itself.

It's not technically illegal, as you own a copy of the OS. There is a method to what you seek for Windows XP, found here, but it is a very difficult task. They also moved everything around in Vista to make it look far different from XP, but in reality Vista is just an "upgraded" variant of XP. With the extra "features" to cater to the masses who want eye candy over performance.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Omg, Good luck.
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Well, I did a bit more research and decided to sent an email to Acer, my manufacturer. Let's see how it goes from there.

Also, did you know that most major retail stores no longer sell XP? Even Vista will soon be gone. All that's left is Windows 7.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Well, I did a bit more research and decided to sent an email to Acer, my manufacturer. Let's see how it goes from there.

Also, did you know that most major retail stores no longer sell XP? Even Vista will soon be gone. All that's left is Windows 7.
Yeah, the only way to get xp now is to already own a copy, buy one online (but considering that the supply is ever decreasing, the prices are probably not so good) or come across it some other way, like using a cracked version.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
secbro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
you should be able to find a full version you can download. check torrent sites. as long as you have a key it should work

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Destrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
Belaslav
Yank me.

This may sound strange, but... I just talked with a couple of people, and they told me that I can REINSTALL (as in completely remove the OS, and then install) Vista via recovery disks. Is this true?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Yeah, XP is compelety GONE here. And i love xp <3

I want W7 thou. >_>"
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #9
Belaslav
Yank me.

Just got off the Acer Support, and apparently I can use my recovery disks to reinstall Vista at a later time. XD

Problem solved.

Next up, obtaining a copy of XP Pro. TigerDirect should have a few copies left. To the BatMobile!

Originally Posted by iSpark View Post
Yeah, XP is compelety GONE here. And i love xp <3

I want W7 thou. >_>"
Well... Let's put it this way. If you want performance, stay with XP. If you want eye candy, go for W7.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
:< W7 has good performance. I used to have XP on this computer, I now have W7 and if anything the performance has improved.
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote