Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

You guys were too spoiled with all the capped players. xD
Old 08-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #22
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
That might be true... but there are people close to it now too who are unable to function.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #23
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
i love being spoiled

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #24
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
That's because the tricks to the trade diminish greatly with each successive generation. It would be interesting to model if provided the data, so I'll assume that each successive generation depreciates such that depreciation d equates to the original depreciation, valued at 15, with d+5n percent per successive generation n, so that:

Efficiency = 100 - (15+5n)

Meaning:

1st Generation: 100% efficiency. CB1 only.
2nd Generation: 85% efficiency. CB1 and/or CB2.
3rd Generation: 65% efficiency. OB with cap at 59.
4th Generation: 40% efficiency. OB with cap at 79.
5th Generation: 10% efficiency. OB with cap at 89. (current)

Let's be realistic. How many of you are willing to grind for ten hours for one level? Not many, right?

Therein is why successive generations fail. They lack the experience derived from the truly extensive gameplay the first generations experienced.

We leveled without many greens, without high enhancement, without the Cash Shop, without the quests, without the money, without the abysses, without complaints. The only thing we had was GM care.

You guys have it all, you realize. Yet not only do the younger generations complain, they also manage their resources poorly. It's a pity OB players never got to experience the caring GMs who didn't interact with players on just the first day of a major patch, but interacted daily, sometimes enhancing for players for no charge. Of course you'll argue that it was CB; nevertheless, however, I highly doubt you'll see Dakkon handing out free buffs. No, he talks with those who suck up and preens himself.

I sound old. Not to mention math geek-like.

But welcome to the truth. Doubtlessly this post gets ignored by all except those who can truly understand.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:02 AM   #25
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Wow. You underlined the problem and even put it in math terms.

You left something out though.... This:

The more people play = The more they know and faster will get bored = The less parcentage of people staying to continue grinding.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #26
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Totally disagree but i wont bother arguing since that's not the point of this thread

my point was i never got to tank a KQ boss.. and i got to do it in KKP now and i'm happy... i believe anyone who tries and stock up will be able to do the same thing too

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-29-2008, 04:16 AM   #27
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Ooooooooh.... Sowwy to steal your thunda.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 AM   #28
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

I was directing it at Triumph's Generation stuff.. not you Bel =D sowwie

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #29
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Made up numbers for the lose? =/
Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #30
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
But at least it would be competent players playing. And friendly players.
unfortunately an IQ test wouldn't measure for assholes
Closed Thread