Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Rewrite

The original in all its inanity. Editing I guess.

A random diatribe on the inconsistencies of Isyan folklore and legend~

aka:- Isya:Tapestry of fail?

__The lands of Isya are lands steeped in folklore and legend. Tales of heroic deeds, defiant last stands and traitorous uprisings in the hallowed powerleveling-fields of Uruga, dot the annals of history like so many Dangerous Mushrooms. This great mosaic of fail, though only one of the worlds in the Massively-Mundane Orkadian-Residing Preternatural Galaxys (MMORPGs as known by the masses) holds nevertheless the key to the future of sentient thought.

Of all the stories of Might and Magic [TM], Sacrifice and Redemption, Souls and Swords eternally retold [TM]; almost all are given to blatant exaggeration and fumbled retelling, so the epics are changed as they pass through the mists of time. The storied Siege of Uruga for example, often cited as the third-greatest instance of death since the Reign of Sovereign Steam, is a lie of epic proportions. (Sovereign Steam, All Hail, Blessed Be Your Name) What is described in the Learning Scrolls, of an unrelenting attack by the combined might of the Allied Orcish Tribes and Trumpy Nation, of a veritable tide of Ancient Stonies bursting from the very ground beneath the Defender's feet, of the darkening of the skies and swelling of the seas by the Pinky Swarms and Pirate Marauders, the rising of the dead in their own graveyards under the machinations of the Betrayer Karasian, the concerted attack by the Spider Hives, the bravery and ultimately futile resistance of the Human Defenders....all this an ancient lie.

In truth, someone lured a solitary Orc all the way up the stairs. Vendors died. The rest...is our misbegotten 'History'

Another example...it is not common knowledge that the vaunted Lady Elderine was in fact, not so heart-rendingly beautiful as the Legends depict, but was only her brother, Lord Roumen dressing up as a woman!! Roumen was given to dressing in his sister's apparel on the scant days when she wasn't home, and there were no others in his household. It was on one of these occasions that the Orcs attacked their Elven nation. Still clad in his sister's vestments...Roumen waded into battle against the hordes. He cut so womanish a figure that none who beheld him could not believe that it was Elderine, she who single-handedly routed the Orcish armys with the lone butter-knife on hand at the time, and christened the once verdant valleys with carnage.

When the true Elderine returned, lauded by all who set eyes upon her for her Herculean efforts to save the town, she could not find it in her heart to quash the people's hopes and beliefs for a brighter 'morrow. The only person who could have righted the rumors, Roumen himself, was understandably silent.

The rest, is history. Or rather, the level 60 Job-Change.

In all the Epics however, there is a grain of truth. Perish the world that had none of the Sagas to uplift the humble 'newbie' and inspire them to cap. No legend truer however, than the one of 'Th3 BAt,' aka. 'Death on Leathered Wing', 'Teh lvl-haxed', 'Dark Winged Knight' and of course, the 'Batman.'

Many tales exist of this UnHoly Fiend that doth stalk hapless level 30s (and a few 70s) in the Moonlight Tomb, known to terrorize the region and annihilate all Adventurers sent by the fools in Elderine against it. The Union of Clans eventually stepped in to rid themselves of this embarrassment and sent entire guilds against it. None of them would return.

The Union's forces assembled at a location neutral to all the races, Human, Half-Elf and their darker brethren alike.They met at what was once known as the Blessed Plains, in that bygone era that our Elders and Sages call the CB. The Plains were the very heart of Isya and the focus of the earth's ley-lines, veins of the land and the source of all the world's Magik, and where it was said; the Blessed Creator Teva herself, first descended from the heavens to look upon her creation. It was here that the armys joined battle against the World-Ender. Betting on the fact that all Magiks casted on the hallowed land of the Plain was multiplied in strength, the Union descended upon the Bat in force. As thunder and lightning rent the air, ground shaking under the combined might of a thousand simultaneous Devastations, countless prayers offered up by the Paladins to call back the dead and dying, and the thrumming of the flight of uncountable arrows, no one alive back at Union Headquarters could believe that they had doomed their armys.

No independent research done today can ascertain the validity of the myths, for what was once known as the Blessed Plains is now known by another name. One far more sinister.

It is now Moonlight Tomb....bastion of death and darkness, final resting place of all those souls lost in the epic struggle against the Bat and site of the final battle. Even now their bodies, dececript and devastated by death and decay still rise to continue their fight against the ancient foe. Bound by their oath to the now non-existent Union, and stirred by the magics of the Karasian Templar, these husks of once-proud Isyans abandon reason and embrace the final step and ultimate goal of the Karasian Dogma. True undeath.

TBC

Last edited by Ivramire; 01-25-2009 at 09:03 AM..
Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I have to find the original and skim ideas from there =.=

Brb in....a while.

~~~~~
ahhh...memories...

Probability of finishing this = low

Probability of anyone reading this message = infinitesimal!!!

Probability of writing whatever I can anyway= 100%

I hate to leave things unfinished but I just realized how (pointless? -Insert suitable descriptive word-) this thing is. I had so many ideas and plots that were going to happen but it just got too big for me. I'm glad though that this story lives on in another incarnation, my teacher in creative writing loved some of the ideas...I even got him to try out Fiesta...

Wow.....

What are you doing here anyway? =)

Last edited by Ivramire; 01-21-2009 at 06:41 AM..
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Silly question: did you write this? And what's nax?

<-- is confused about the post, but have read the post and it's cool.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Yeah, hope I can summon the willpower to finish.

I hate not finishing and it's not like I'm doing much lately.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #5
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Encore!

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
you definitely have a following lrva!!! Keep it up!!!

I printed it and showed a few co-workers who do not even play fiesta, and they found it amusing in its own right...(they were gamers/rpgers though)

Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

whoa o.o

I didn't even think anyone else was reading this.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
lol dude...

That's frickin' sweet D:

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 06-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Fank You.

I make this up as I go along, so if I write myself into a unresolveable plot-hole or a dead-end, don't be too surprised. Added Edit Notes @ the bottom of first post to see what I change and to keep track of where this is going.

edit:- got one :X

Last edited by Ivramire; 06-17-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Old 06-21-2008, 02:22 AM   #10
X_xBux_X
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Fadya/Pichenotte/Ellaru/Dickky
Current Level: 43/50/31/30
Server: Apoline ;)
X_xBux_X is on a distinguished road
Wow ! I realy like it ^^ Pretty good ^^ Another one, plz !