Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: What should we do with inactive mods?
I don't care 10 31.25%
I think they should be demoted 18 56.25%
I think they should stay mods 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #21
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold

Ah ok. Thanks Yosei
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 02-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #22
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I think I only remember NavMan... only because of his sig/avatar. I don't think I've seen Andy post... or just don't remember.

But yeh, I guess that if you just aren't interested in the community anymore then you should be 'demoted' as you are no longer contributing as a 'mod'.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #23
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
^ What they all said.

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
Who the heck is Andy B?
And also, he quit because he had to concentrate on his last year of study at uni.

Edit: Just realised I've got a zillion posts before my post and I'm too slow....

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 02-20-2008 at 11:32 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #24
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Yeah I chose a demotion, forum modding is a responsibility, just like having a job. If you don't show up, well, you get fired.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:04 AM   #25
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by iDerrick View Post
Yeah I chose a demotion, forum modding is a responsibility, just like having a job. If you don't show up, well, you get fired.
Exactly why I was not interested during that last round of recruiting. Not only that but mods HAVE to read posts they don't wanna read coz they have to mod em. Me, I skip bunches coz the title doesn't draw me in.

As for don't care, demote or leave em in - I say demote so that we don't have a misrepresentation of how many mods we actually have. If they are inactive then we don't "really" have them as a mod. If ever Entropy (or whoever says "I think to be effective we need at least X number of mods" then we know right away if we need to recruit more or not. As it is if he said that then we have the process of debating the non-actives before anything can move forward.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere

Last edited by Lady-Loki; 02-21-2008 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-21-2008, 04:03 AM   #26
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
In my opinion, inactive mods can still help out. As long as they do not abuse their powers or act like they are superior to regular users, the only reason I see to demote them would be that a new member may PM an inactive mod, and not recieve a reply. I think the best way is just to change their status to "Inactive Moderator". But currently I don't see any important reason to demote or change their status.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:51 AM   #27
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
The best way to deal with this is email them or talk to them, asking why they are inactive. Don't mention being demoted. If they have a decent reason, keep them on. If its just "Ahh I don't care, la la la" then demote them. Pretty darn easy.

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 AM   #28
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
^LOL sneaky!

That's a good idea.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #29
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
We started this poll, because in other forums, when somethings started happening, inactive mods became an issue with the members of the forums. We are always trying to look for ways to inprove the sight and always have the best interest of this forum's members in mind. Therefore, we put this out here, so that we could get a better understanding of how the members feel about some mods being inactive. That way, we could prevent possible future issues from arising.

Just to give you a little background on the whys of this poll.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #30
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
We don't wanna go dictator on you guys!

Thats not a threat, I meant, we don't want to make the forums like that lol.
Closed Thread