Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: What should we do with inactive mods?
I don't care 10 31.25%
I think they should be demoted 18 56.25%
I think they should stay mods 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

We're not stating that they are. It has nothing to do with the active mods and running the place. We have plenty. We just want to know how you guys feel about inactive mods.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #12
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
"A Forum Moderator, often shortened to just mod, is a person granted special powers to enforce the rules of an Internet forum (message board) or electronic mailing list. Almost all moderators on all forums can move discussions to different sections of the forum, close discussions, edit the content of individual postings, answer questions (or help people with problems), and stick discussions so they remain visible in their forum section even if no new postings are made to them. Different forums may give their moderators further powers, such as being able to block/ban people from the message board."-Wikipedia

My view is that a moderator has to be active and present to do all these things. If rl-problems or inactivity limits them in this capacity,
then they should either post that they are going on a hiatus and temporalily resign their status, or just become regular users.

Last edited by Ivramire; 02-20-2008 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #13
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
While they aren't gonna abuse their powers or nothin so, doesn't matter really.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
We're not stating that they are. It has nothing to do with the active mods and running the place. We have plenty. We just want to know how you guys feel about inactive mods.
Oh. Well in that case I'm completely indifferent to it lol

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #15
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
They should be awarded a retirement status of some sort.

Other than that, I don't care. Lol.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I voted demoted..

Our inactive mod are sensible so i know they wont come back and abuse their power... (although the forum rules are being modify as we decided on specifically what we consider appropriate and inappropriate like siggy size and necro post rules... old mods may need up update themselves on that)

but if anyone wants to look for a Mod to PM and AndyB happens to be at the top of the mod list (not that i can find a mod list).... it just prevents ppl from looking for answers with an inactive mod =D

although inactive mods hvnt really been an issue... so i guess its no big deal..

Retired mod sounds like a good idea too!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #17
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
A retirement status would be good, as what others have said. But if not, they should be demoted. The forum is just fine and with those two gone its not like it has gone into chaos or anything but if your gonna be a mod of a forum, I think you gotta be active. If your not active for a certain period of time, I honestly think that's worth a demotion. Like hyper said, 1 post per month=inactive.

I just looked back on Andy's last post. This was posted back in December

Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
Hi.

Just on now and again during the holidays to say hi, won't be back for good till may.
He might come back in May, then?
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 02-20-2008, 11:07 PM   #18
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Who the heck is Andy B?

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #19
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
Who the heck is Andy B?
He was chosen as a mod when blaaah became one. He quit back when it was still CB I think.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 02-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
He was here for a little bit of OB.
Closed Thread