Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Which MOTM concept do you prefer?
The old version (mods choosing) 3 17.65%
The new version (this one) 13 76.47%
I have my own idea 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Member of The Month method 2 (Beta)

Fiestafan is going to be trying a new method of Member of The Month. Everyone has a chance to be highlighted as one of our most valuable and most respected members. The members decide who is up for the chance and the members decide who the winner is!

Nominations will start on the 15th of every month. Voting will start on the 23rd or 24th, and the winner will be announced on the 1st.

Please read the following...

How do I become a MOTM nominee?
Someone has to nominate you with a mini essay (5-6 lines, following the format below) explaining as to why you're a great member of Fiestafan and deserve it. We will also be correcting spelling/grammar if needed.

If I am nominated, am I in?
The first 5 nominations will make it into the vote. So if you're amongst the first 5 nominated, yup you're in!

If not, no worries! You have a chance next month.

To submit a nomination, please post a thread titled "MOTM Nomination: (namehere)" in the Talk With The Mods forum.

If I was Member of the Month for one month, could I be Member of The Month again?
Yes and no. You cannot be nominated the month after you were Member of The Month. But once your title has been handed to another member, you're able to be Member of The Month again.

The person who nominated you cannot nominate you ever again. If someone else nominates you, they cannot use the same essay that was used in the month you won.

If you were nominated by someone and didn't win, they can re-nominate you and yes, they can use the same essay.

If two people nominate someone, the mods will use only one but mention the amount of nominations this person received.

So how do we decide who wins?
Towards the end of the month, the mods will make an announcement with a poll open for voting. Members will be able to read the essays and decide which anonymous person sounds the most deserving.

Obviously the person with the most votes wins!

To make voting completely anonymous and fair...
  • Any and all discussion on the entries stay in the thread where voting takes place.
  • Do not mention who the nominees are, who they are not, who you think they are, who you think they are not, etc.
  • You cannot hint as to who a nominee is.
  • You cannot hint or say that you nominated someone, especially who it was, and even if it didn't make it into the vote.
  • Mods will try to avoid it as much as possible, but they reserve the right to delete any posts in the thread that do not abide to the rules, no questions asked.(unless it gets completely out of hand).
  • Constructive criticism and debate is encouraged, but please do not flame.
  • Only members with at least 5 posts and have been registered before the nomination date (15th of every month) can vote. We will be checking for mule accounts.

Example of what the voting entries will look like (you do not need to do this, the mods will):

This was inspired by those old dating shows that only show the persons silhouette.

Note: This new program is merely under "trial". Suggestions are welcome, but please keep it civil and NO flaming. Program may be terminated at any time if it does not go well.

Feel free to leave feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc in this announcement thread.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 05-16-2009 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: added talk with the mods link.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
So we will see Strange ppl there. o.o

I guess this method will work for some time... =3

So do we start this now? @_@
Old 05-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Sparky_96 View Post
So we will see Strange ppl there. o.o

I guess this method will work for some time... =3

So do we start this now? @_@
Yes, please read the post. If your nominations do not follow the rule, any rule, it will be automatically disregarded.

Reading everything is important.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Whats the difference? What if nobody nominates anybody? Wasnt that a problem last time?

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 05-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
Whats the difference? What if nobody nominates anybody? Wasnt that a problem last time?
Voting and stuff is different. Sounds like they will remind us(FF community) about MOTM once or twice before the 15th of every month and thats different.

Plus, now you can see all the rules that (I thought) were already rules.. just were unwritten rules. xD
Old 05-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
mattman1995
Mini Greenky

In-Game Name: ChEeZe_doodles
Current Level: 70
Server: Apoline
mattman1995 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mattman1995
I have to say. This system is better than what Outspark uses.
Job - Warrior
Guild - Innocence

Old 05-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
If no one nominates then I guess we won't have a member of the month.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
LMAO, with the example nomination, sounds like I'd never win this
so I couldn't care less.. but the nomination process seems a little to much.

On top of that, you make it seem like only people who still play fiesta can get the title.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
xP I think that was just to be a type of example / fill up space... idk lol

But I like the idea o.o lets the people have a voice on who they think deserve the title.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
The method sounds pretty cool... lets hope we have enough nominations each month to do votings...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread