Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
SKiNG
Hungry Wolf

SKiNG is on a distinguished road
Question/Feedback

Hi Everyone,

I have a question.

With the implementation of the Market Place, would it make sense to restrict ALL vendor mini houses to the Market Place? With that, also adding a teleport NPC in Roumen, Elderine, and Uruga?

From what I can assume:
Pros:
- Drive economy by centralizing one area for player driven stores.
- Everyone knows where to go to buy and sell.

Cons:
- Possible Lag and Clutter
- Travel time to Market Place

What are your thoughts? I thought about posting this in the official forums but I wanted a smaller group for feedback.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Well, if you mean ALL as in every single vendor on the server, that'd be too much of a hassle, but if you mean every vendor in Roumen, I think its a good idea.

Sure it would be laggy, but, it was laggy before the market place. It would also make it easier for people to find the things they want, they wouldn't have to run all around town, just in a circle. It isn't too difficult to get to, the only thing that was annoying about getting around Roumen was clicking on the houses.

Last edited by Yosei; 05-08-2008 at 01:17 AM..
Old 05-08-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
It would make sense to restrict vending to only inside the Market. The way it is now, people vend either on the far side of Roumen or just outside the market, not a soul actually inside. Might be a good idea to also implement a Market area in Elderine since there are many more players and shops there. Maybe in the area with all the houses or behind the Arena.

Restricting vending to only Marketplace reduces lag for people in general, since only shoppers would be affected by it. The way it is now, people just walking by lag and also newcomers to the game which may be a bad first-impression.

Restrict all Roumen vendors to Roumen. Not server-wide. That'd be a catastrophe. Look also into a Elderine Market.

What do you mean by a teleport NPC? If to the other towns, that may be a bad idea unless there were a few requirements for use.

off-topic=grats on your high-score lol

Last edited by Ivramire; 05-08-2008 at 01:21 AM..
Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Agreed, restricting vending in Roumen to the Marketplace makes sense. Might as well make use of that new addition.

If it is all maps then I'd have to try to click on open spots hoping I'd move forward. That's a little pain in the rear end.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Vending for all three villages in one location? I don't think that would be very good. Lag would be a major issue of course but there would also so many vendors that you would hardly ever find what you are looking for. For example, right now everyone pretty much knows certain level weapons generally sell in a particular city, so if you need an L60 you go to Uruga. If ALL vending was concentrated in one marketplace you could spend hours making the rounds and then you have to start over because new shops have popped up.

Better would be isolated marketplaces attached to each village similar to new Rouman - just restrict any vending outside of the marketplace maps to limited areas such as the open space near the waterfront in Rouman or the side streets of Elderine. I'm not sure about where additional marketing in Uruga would be.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #6
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
If Outspark does add teleporting NPCs, will they be free? If it will be, I hope not, if it is free, ppl won't use scrolls anymore, they can just go to the NPC and be teleported, and more noobies would teleport to Uruga to spam for Plvl. It should be expensive to teleport to Uruga from any place if there's a teleporting NPC and the price for teleporting from Roumen to Elderine and vice versa, should be around the same price.

Thanks Loveless!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
For Uruga, I think the area with the battle zone NPC would be good.

If they add teleportation NPCs, they should have some limit. Like.. a level limit per town, or have something we have to obtain to go there. Like in Perfect World and Everquest, you have to go to the town and talk to the NPC before you can teleport there.

Maybe they could have it so we get a quest at a certain level, and we have to finish the quest before we can go there. If not, bots will use those.

Last edited by Yosei; 05-08-2008 at 01:24 AM..
Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Loki's Post - Market Place in Uruga is probably best if its:

On Topic:

I think the lag will not make the Pro points worth it... not only are all the shops brought to one place, but all the ppl looking for shops are all going to clutter to one corner of the entire server.

As it is, a lot of people have trouble navigating through the Elderine Town due to lag (which I know a lot of them Shift Z) and this is probably why you suggest to eliminate the shops in other town, and put them all in Market place...

but if we bring all the shops in 1 place, those people will never be able to look for what they need in Roumen.

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki
Better would be isolated marketplaces attached to each village similar to new Rouman
^I agree with Loki...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #9
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
The pros sounds great, and the cons dont to sound bad.
I love the town teleportation ideas.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 AM   #10
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Server: Teva
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
While centralizing shops to one location in each town would be fantastic, the con would be the terrible lag in that location. The Roumen market seems to be somewhat small, but if you went to Elderine, and this is my problem with events, the amount of people crammed into a small area is overwhelming.

Suggestion:

1 Market Place in Roumen and Uruga, where Loki and the current one in Roumen are

2 Market Places in Elderine, One in the Upper Right hand corner, and one kinda between there and MT gate. It consolodates the market, and attempts to make the market places user freindly.

3. Try to keep the spawn points away from the market, as that would cause more lag.

I, for one, already have somewhat of a trouble running through Elderine as it is, lag at storage is bad enough, without having to deal with all of those shops and spawns near the center of Elderine when people die/warp.
Closed Thread