Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough

I've put this in the spam section since its going to put up possibly...flaming against me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reasons why Fiesta is going down the drain....and fast

Now for the record for everyone who's going to say "I haven't played the game enough" i'm a lvl 58 warrior on fiesta ( I HAVE used cash shop) and personally i've loved the game for the most part. Most of my complaints are pointed at Outspark not the game itself.

1. Bots..
These by far are extremely notorious and there hasn't been much stop to them. You can see them in most areas that are below lvl 40 and they've been plaguing fiesta for months. Outspark has not done very much at all to stop them but for the benefit of the doubt, they recently they installed Xtrap. Why am I still attacking outspark? because the bots are still there and Xtrap compromises other players who do NOT BOT OR HACK by not allowing them to play.

2. Gold Selling
Inflation has taken a steep hit on the economy of fiesta because of this. Most higher leveled players barely have more then a few gold (1 million copper) pieces which can now be bought quite cheaply. (5-10 dollars a gold piece) The economy thank god is Still stable but its still suffering over time because of this.

3. Lack of influx of new players
Its very sad to say this but it could be said the higher end towns (Uruga to be precise) if not more populated are equal to the starter town population. If you look around the newbie areas (or KQS) for the most part THIER VERY EMPTY. And really with the gold spammers in the starter town and few other people to play with people are only left with solo or small group grinding, who can blame them for quitting?.... Once the older players get bored and leave who will replace them so the community stays alive?

4. Outspark's focus on monetary gain
With all do respect any business has the right to make a profit, but the cash shop has dramatically affected gameplay to the point that if you want to become competitive in this game you HAVE to cash shop. Some of the cash shop items give tremendous boosts advantages over no cash shoppers. (7% crit rate increase for example) Cash shop items are untradeable unfortunately so players who cannot pay are pretty much screwed.
1. In the Chinese version of fiesta you can change ur hairstyle anyway you want for free. In fiesta, your stuck with 3 base hairstyles 3 colors and 1 face style and if you to acess others, you have to pay.
2. In their last christmas event the Gms promised people prizes for random people who came in costume. The only way you can get a costume was through cash shop. While its debatable....i find it unfair.

In all honestly i hope that the rumoured 11 million dollars Outspark got(http://kotaku.com/344137/outspark-ge...ames-in-the-us) would be focused on fixing both Fiesta and Sos. I don't want to see this game break down into another Knight online/E-games

Please no spam ...Just an intellectual discussion...I know i set myself up for this...
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 01-15-2008 at 12:35 AM..
Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
1. yeah they're annoying, but I don't find it that bad. I AM playing for free after all.
2. I thought these gold selling things were just a scam. Do you actually get what you pay for?
3. I agree. I run through Roumen and it's like it's almost empty (on Bijou anyway).
4. I also agree. But then again... you said so in the first place: they are trying to make a profit. Nothing is free. As for me... I'll happily play along for free and let other cash shoppers pay for me, even if it means not having as cool of stuff.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
1. You are playing for free....But whats the point when the bots ruin aspects of the game? IRO had severe problems like this too where actual people to play with became hard to find outside of a guild..
2. Some are scams some actually do pay.... I know quite a few people who have done it...
4. My problem is outspark from what i've seen is COMPLETELY focused on the cash shoppers.
I know they (well I also pay too) pay money but should it be
Cash shoppers>> to normal players in things such as events?...
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 01-14-2008 at 11:11 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Its not just the economy in the game... its whats available to us and the speed in which we level.
Almost everyone of my friends who has quit has said its because it requires too much grinding to go on further in the game, and that all people seem to do is wanna grind.
Also.. it lacks other things to do. I mean really.. we are limited, people have to come up with stuff to do. We got grinding, KQs, helping people, and just chilling in town and socializing.

Not all of us are little kids or MMO noobs, we know what Fiesta could potentially have and what other MMOs have, and a lot of us started playing in hopes of seeing what Fiesta had, and in... 7 months, really gotten nothing new. Just the same stuff in different forms.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
4. I would say, from their marketing viewpoint, Yes. They want to give people reasons to spend money. And if people will splurge a few bucks for a chance to win something cool, they'll do it.

As I said... I really don't care. This is just a way for me to pass some time and have fun doing so, forget the troubles of the world for a few hours, ya know!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Its not just the economy in the game... its whats available to us and the speed in which we level.
Almost everyone of my friends who has quit has said its because it requires too much grinding to go on further in the game, and that all people seem to do is wanna grind.
Also.. it lacks other things to do. I mean really.. we are limited, people have to come up with stuff to do. We got grinding, KQs, helping people, and just chilling in town and socializing.

Not all of us are little kids or MMO noobs, we know what Fiesta could potentially have and what other MMOs have, and a lot of us started playing in hopes of seeing what Fiesta had, and in... 7 months, really gotten nothing new. Just the same stuff in different forms.

Your suggesting also a social issue, which i can agree too..

Another problem is itself, a large amount of fiesta players because of outspark universalizing areas out of Japan are seperated by race, language and culture. With all do respect to all cultures, this puts BIG dividing lines between the community. Hence it becomes signifcantly HARDER to find friends to play with...

anyone wanna go play domo?! XD Jk....
Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think its just that u've played the game for a very long time and probably getting a bit bored of it and so i see all the bad side coming out...

just like how u started going out with a new gf.. u're madly in love with her and she seems perfect for the 1st 2 weeks then once u got use to her all the things u dislike starts coming out.. but it doesnt mean she's a horrible person... if u know wat i mean..

1. Yeah they're annoying... but i only ever see them in BH and some in MT... report them so they dont get higher!

2. only a VERY small population buy gold from these dodgy sites riiiiiiight? i hope so =/

3. if Outspark realise that they're not getting enough ppl to sign up i'm sure that'll be the 1st thing they attend to.... (more player = more revenue, they'll look at this before bot issues) And are ppl going into Bijou? its probably quite normal that new players pick the 1st server...

4. yeah they're a company not a charity, if cash items are tradable u'll hv an even worst economy hit than gold site trying to sell in game money...

1. (why is it back to 1 again HAHA) didnt they say the chinese version everyone use hacks and bots.. well u just complained about that... so would u want just 3 hair to choose from... and have everyone using hack and bots?

2. the "prize" i got from Dakkon were 3 stockings -.- i dont think the non-cash user were missing out on much

gotta double post coz u guys posted too quickly for me...

Quote:
4. My problem is outspark from what i've seen is COMPLETELY focused on the cash shoppers.
They dont... new maps, fix quest, juice bars, screen shot event... (i'm sure there are more) they're all available for non-cash players too... its not like they attend to our problems before the non-cash players problem anyway

Foxy answered my bijou question... but i'm sure if there's a decrease in population, outspark would ensure the marketing department get to work...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 01-15-2008 at 12:35 AM..
Old 01-14-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
was just discussing this with someone *cough* and there's some stuff you might add.

-ridiculous xp needed to level.
I know the first time I saw that I needed 1million xp to level, I was flabbergasted. Once I found the right methods and party though, 1million wasn't really so bad. It gradually sloped upward, 1mil, 1.1mil, 1.3mil, 2mil etc. etc. Now I'm lvl60 and need about 3.4m to lvl....not so bad,then I found out that level 69 requires 11million xp....

excuse me..but did it quadruple in 9 lvls? It was hard enough getting to 60 on Stonies and Trumpys but there's no way the average person will grind to 70 on the same mobs they did 20 lvls before...

-what Yos said
there simply isn't anything to do in the game "game-wise", other than grind

I personally think the game has amazing potential but they're releasing all the good-stuff too slowly

Last edited by Ivramire; 01-14-2008 at 11:23 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I

1. (why is it back to 1 again HAHA) didnt they say the chinese version everyone use hacks and bots.. well u just complained about that... so would u want just 3 hair to choose from... and have everyone using hack and bots?
1. Is pretty irrelevant to the problem

And i guess ur right about the GF thing... >.>;;
Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
What Bright Kingdom has that we don't...
1. Battlegrounds
2. More zones
3. More KQ
4. Easier leveling system
5. Tradeable cash shop items(apparently)
6. Customizations
7. More skills
8. Houses(not mushroom houses)

I'm sure all of that together equals more fun than this Fiesta =/

I think the multiple cultures is fun. You get to meet people from all over the world, and those who have a lack of perspective for the rest of the world, you get to see and hear what their life is like. Although I must admit I find it rude when people find out I'm America and then take advantage of that time to bash America and our government and our president and the "war" etc.

I also think the players on this game are black and white. Those who play just to mess around, and then those who take it seriously and just want to move forward. I leveled in hopes of being able to experience new things, go to new places, try new KQ, but now, it isn't really worth it.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-14-2008 at 11:27 PM..
Closed Thread