Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
kosherkid
Mushroom Fighter

kosherkid is on a distinguished road
Legalization of Marijuana

I just think it'll be a fun discussion topic... personally I'm anti-legalization... but I dont really want to articulate my point until discussion has actually happened. So discuss!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
anti-legalization....

wat's the fore argument for this? i've heard about this topic and i thought ppl said something like "i should be allowed to relax in my own home after a hard day of work, and marijuana help me do so"

i thought that's pretty rediculous.. its a drug after all.. i'm not 100% sure wat the argument is.. but we've already got tobacco that's killing a lot of people... we dont need another drug for ppl to risk their lives with....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 AM   #3
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

Well I think it should be legalized, personally. I mean, people are going to do it either way, and some people have to use it for medicinal purposes. If it were legalized, it would shut down a lot of those druglord growers, and probably make things a bit safer in that area. Also in places where its legal (like canada has it legal in small amounts) there's a lot less incidents over it.

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 12-13-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
is it still illegal if ppl need it for medical purposes??

if its medical and needs doctor perscription i dont see anything wrong...

but other than that... i guess i dont hv too much knowledge on this...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #5
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Legalize it and tax the hell out of it. Rather than the state spending a fortune processing and incarcerating people for what I consider a pretty petty crime, they could gain a massive increase in funds and create tons of jobs for people in the process.

People are going to get it either way, it isn't hard to find, so they may as well do it right and put some controls on it. If it was legal it would be subject to quality testing and people would at least not get something laced with anything more dangerous as can happen when you buy it illegally. And of course there would have to be a legal age limit imposed.

I don't smoke myself, but I used to. I still have many friends that do smoke though, and most of them are just good, honest, hard-working people that use it as a means to relax at the end of the day. Some people I know have been regular smokers for 30+ years and have led perfectly normal, responsible lives.

People have no problems getting off work and having a couple drinks, but from my experiences and observations alcohol is a far more destructive substance, yet that remains perfectly legal.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Personally i think they should ban smoking too.. my boss is a heavy smoke for a few decades and u should really see how unhealthy he feels now... u wont see or feel anything at 30, 40 yrs old.. but u'll start to feel it at about 50 and it'll hit u hard at 60...

anyway... but i like that Tax idea! may as well give it back to the community rather than hving those drug dealers get the profit....

IF they have to make it legal....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2007, 05:46 AM   #7
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Actually I think there was a very noticeable affect of smoking (cigarettes) on me even at 24. I started smoking at 15 and by 24 I was up to 2+ packs a day. I quit about two years ago and I definitely feel the difference. I still don't think it should be banned though. Neither should drinking.

People should have the right to hurt themselves as much as they want. If they want to be healthier, then quit, but I think it should be their choice to make. And again, if anything is wanted people will get it, illegal or not, so it may as well be controlled... and taxed. A lot of good could come from the taxes. Like children's health care -_-

I remember being pissed recently about Bush's veto on that bill to raise taxes on tobacco to increase funding for children's health care... but I guess that's really going off topic a bit.

-------

Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 AM   #8
Tadiakichi
Boogy

Tadiakichi will become famous soon enough
It's a system that will be exploited, but all systems are taken advantage of sooner or later.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
People should have the right to hurt themselves as much as they want. If they want to be healthier, then quit, but I think it should be their choice to make. And again, if anything is wanted people will get it, illegal or not, so it may as well be controlled... and taxed. A lot of good could come from the taxes. Like children's health care -_-
The thing about smoking is that not only do they hurt themselves, they hurt the people around them too. =/ Passive smoking ftl.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #10
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Yeah, I do think banning it from indoor public places is fair, since that does hurt others.

-------

Closed Thread