Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:45 AM   #41
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

Well, there isn't much else we can make =/ all we can do is buff up the crap we have already, and add on. And that requires more advanced technology and money going into these things.

The overall income of an American family hasn't gone up in the last 30 years, but stuff is much more expensive.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:48 AM   #42
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
plus, there's no creativity anymore... people just ram a bunch of already used things into one small convinient package, and it sells automatically. there's no real innovation as of late... just convinience. im not dissing apple... im typing this on a mac. but im kinda wondering, why has innovation dropped so much? nowadays, sameness is everywhere you look. wanna make a buck on t.v.? make a reality show! wanna make some cash in the film industry? make a romantic comedy! wanna REALLY capitalize on those things? make a cheap video game out of it!

it's good to have those things... (except maybe the badly made games)... but a well-working society needs a bit of innovation to balance that out.

I think this is slightly OT but whatever.

I guess that I think this is right to an extent but at the same time rather wrong. (Yes, that doesn't make any sense.) Communications have made it easier to see what people are doing, be it in books, movies or games. Whatever medium you like, you can browse through a plethora of it much easier than before. You say there is no creativity "anymore." To what period of time are you comparing the present to? Maybe it's just become easier to see the "lack" of creativity that has always existed rather than it appearing out of nowhere.

Why companies and corporations do this is simple. They do it because it is safe. Formulas that have worked in the past will likely work again. You mine and mine all you can out of a seam, until the market is oversaturated, then you move on to the next big thing. Something that is purely innovative isn't necessarily something that sells. It also has to be a good product and fulfill a need that current products don't fulfill.

Innovation is far from dead. It's where all the old ideas come from.

*typed before Hessah's/Vasu's/Yosei's replies xD

Last edited by Ivramire; 03-13-2009 at 03:53 AM..
Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #43
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Apparently rewiring yeast to produce anti-malaria treatments isn't inventive enough. We're still innovating.

http://www.scidev.net/en/news/yeast-...aria-drug.html
Old 03-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #44
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
well in science, yeah, but i mean in general, for public entertainment and artistry... but im getting off topic and venturing into ideas that arent portaining to the issue at hand. sorry x.x
Old 03-13-2009, 05:19 AM   #45
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^That's not anything different either.

Theoretically speaking, people (researchers? librarians? literaturists?) believe that there are only 7 basic types of plots and all stories are just reworkings of these plots. Also, every storyline will fulfill 7 different requirements. So..... in the course of human history starting with the caveman and their pictures on walls, there's bound to be a point where those ideas just start being repeated over and over again...

Source: Google Answers... because I just can't remember what I learned 6 summers ago... ._.

Though, I think it's very hard to define what is innovative and what is not. Yeah, American Idol 1, 2, 3, 4,.... are just different seasons of the same show, but there are still different components within the show.

And who are you to say what is easy to do and what is not to do? Or to judge what is truly "innovative" and what is... not? There really is no set criteria.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #46
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
True, however there's usually creative variations to each plot. it's all in the details. Lately, however, alot of stuff seems mass-recycled. for example, in American Idol, there are usually spots of sorts in which the contenstants fit in. for example, one will always be labled the country person, another "the rocker" another, the pop star, etc etc... so there's no real difference except in who wins. Sure, sometimes something will be a bit different, but that takes no real innovation. not on the part of the creators of the show, at least

However, i think i've accidentally hijacked the thread... sorry x.x