Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Romeo
Mushroom

Romeo is on a distinguished road
A simple proxy guide for European players - Crowned

First of all, this is a comprehensive guide to how to utilize a proxy to bypass the upcoming "IP banned". This has been done before to access Bright Kingdom and other versions of Fiesta so I assume theres no exception to this one.

P.S: YOUR ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE BANNED, YOUR IP WILL BE.

But lets get started:

1. The domain name Yahoo.com is translated to the servers I.P. Address that host Yahoo.com using the Domain Name System otherwise known as DNS.

2. The web browser you are using connects to the server Yahoo.com is hosted on & sends an Http header to Yahoo.com. In the header contains the following information

-Your I.P. Address (See below for details)
-Your Browser & Os Information
-An Http request

And a few other things are included in the header.

3. Yahoo.com can now send back its homepage (index.html) to the I.P. Address contained within the header.

Note: I.P. stands for Internet Protocol. Each computer on any kind of network has a unique numeric I.P. address that no other computer on the network has. When you connect to the internet you are assigned an I.P. address by your ISP.

Now if you understood the above you should have a basic idea of how headers work. You only need to know this much in order to understand how a Proxy server works.

Proxy Servers

A Proxy server allows you to connect to it and send http request. It will then fullfill the request and send the page back to you. Here is an example of a proxy server in action.

Let's say I have configured my browser to use a proxy server. When I type Http://www.Yahoo.com in my browser does the following.

1. Resolves the name Yahoo.com into the I.P. Addy of the server Yahoo.com is hosted on.

2. My Browser then connects to the proxy server and sends the http request with the following information

-My I.P. Address
-My Browser & Os Information
-An Http request

And some other information.

3. The Proxy Server then looks at the request. It sees that I wanted to connect to Yahoo.com and get Index.html. So the proxy sends a new Http request to Yahoo.com but this time instead of my information in the header the proxy servers I.P. addy is sent.

4. The Proxy Server sends back to me Yahoo.com.

Basically a proxy server is the man in the middle. Look at the following image. It shows you what your connection looks like without the use of a proxy server.

The following image shows you what your connection looks like
while using a proxy server.

I hope you understand how a proxy works. If you do not then please reply to this thread with your questions on it.

How to use a proxy

This part of the tutorial is going to show you how to configure your browser to use a Proxy Server. You 1st need to get a Proxy. You can get them all over the internet. Here are a few sites you can get them at:

http://www.allproxies.com

http://www.stayinvisible.com

http://www.proxymania.com

Now you can follow the steps below.

Internet Explorer Steps

The following steps will help you configure Internet Explorer to use a proxy server.

1. Open a new instance of the browser.

2. Go to Tools > Internet Options on the file menu as seen below.

3. The Internet Options dialog should have now appeared on your screen. Click on the tab that is labeled “Connections.

4. Now hit the button entitled “LAN Settings” and another dialog will appear.

5. You should now see a area on your screen were it says Proxy Server. Enter the address & port number of the proxy server as seen below.

Credits:
http://www.google.com - For the common knowledge.
Elfenlied - For the idea.
Crowned - For the brilliancy

[ - Crowned of Vendetta - ]
Teva

[ - Crowned's signature shop <3 - ]
Closed?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Umm, need credit for the idea of using a proxy to bypass an IP block?

Anyway, I wonder what Outspark's stance is on people using proxys.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
a guide for a problem that doesnt exist right now.

Lets wait and see where the ip block is applied.

Your guild that tells Internet Explorer to use a proxy.

ps.:
wow that sucks, u put yourself into the credits, and called yourself brillant , too?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Rofl, people already try to bend the rules.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
Saturne
Slime

In-Game Name: Saturne
Current Level: 6X
Saturne is on a distinguished road

Because people ARE getting IP banned this will be useful for people if it comes down to it.
Thankyou
Old 07-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Oh, you're the person from Uruga.

Hello again.

still wondering what Outsparks stance on proxys will be.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I'm sure the official stance will be against it, but if the proxy users are still buying the SC, they'll finger wag all the way to the bank. Especially if the people doing it aren't sitting around shouting in town "HA HA! I AM FROM EUROPE!" Keep it low-key and don't rock the boat.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
I say rock the boat just for the fun of it.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Well, hey, rock the boat all you want to. Make it enough of an issue that they start issuing account bans instead of a rather easily bypassable IP-ban. I'm in the US, so it doesn't affect me one way or the other, until they start blocking the Aussies.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #10
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
It be terrible if they started blocking the Aussie's. What would happen to G____G?
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Closed Thread