Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by SKiNG View Post
Replied.
Community features? 8D

Val (Dies_Arae) told me to tell you he wants new hair colors. ;D Black and pink, iirc?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SKiNG
At his time it's a bit complicated. The test server we use requires you to reinstall everytime when moving from the test server to the live server or back to the test server.
Another big lie, or total incompetence on outsparks site. u can choose what fits best.

Reason: To change the game servers the only thing u have to do is change a 1 or 2 parameters(depending if u want to use a different PayShop) and the game connects to the new server.

The Client also has no problem on being installed 2 times, after all he doesn't use the registery. Even the Launcher can be configurated in a way so that he supports 2 different versions of fiesta, inclusive separate patch server, etc.

Edit:

I just remembered that when outspark was so nice to publish the source of the launcher i found a feature that changes the patch from the official to the debug patch server.... If they would actually use that feature i could understand SKING argumentation, but it just would emphasis there incompetence.
A smarter solutions would be to keep both version separate on the hd and in the launcher.
Tip: The fiesta test version is different game then the fiesta official version

Last edited by MaxOff; 04-19-2008 at 04:38 PM..
Old 04-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #13
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Replied.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #14
SKiNG
Hungry Wolf

SKiNG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
Another big lie, or total incompetence on outsparks site. u can choose what fits best.

Reason: To change the game servers the only thing u have to do is change a 1 or 2 parameters(depending if u want to use a different PayShop) and the game connects to the new server.

The Client also has no problem on being installed 2 times, after all he doesn't use the registery. Even the Launcher can be configurated in a way so that he supports 2 different versions of fiesta, inclusive separate patch server, etc.

Edit:

I just remembered that when outspark was so nice to publish the source of the launcher i found a feature that changes the patch from the official to the debug patch server.... If they would actually use that feature i could understand SKING argumentation, but it just would emphasis there incompetence.
A smarter solutions would be to keep both version separate on the hd and in the launcher.
So quick to judge when I chose not to release certain information.

It's more about doing it right than doing it ghettofied. There are security issues to consider which I'm sure you know all about.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Is it possible to add a server to the regular server line-up that requires manual approval before a character can be created and then only manually approve testers for access?

(Same as I posted on the official forums)

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 04-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post

Edit:

@MaxOff - Please tread carefully. You are basically calling SKiNG a liar, and just because he is an actual employee of Outspark, does not change the rules that apply to this forum. Your first paragraph is flame-baiting. Although, I highly doubt that SKing would give in to you and respond with insults in return.

@Everyone. Please remember to keep your comments within our thread rules. Also, please remember that the Outspark staff does not even have to come on here and tell us sqat. They do it, because they want to. This is a fanbased site and they are the same as any other member when they log onto this site.

@SKiNG, thank you for replying to Yosei's thread and being open with us. Some of us really do appreciate the effort you are making.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #17
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
@MaxOff - Please tread carefully. You are basically calling SKiNG a liar, and just because he is an actual employee of Outspark, does not change the rules that apply to this forum. Your first paragraph is flame-baiting. Although, I highly doubt that SKing would give in to you and respond with insults in return.
*laughs at the thought*

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
@Everyone. Please remember to keep your comments within our thread rules. Also, please remember that the Outspark staff does not even have to come on here and tell us sqat. They do it, because they want to. This is a fanbased site and they are the same as any other member when they log onto this site.

@SKiNG, thank you for replying to Yosei's thread and being open with us. Some of us really do appreciate the effort you are making.
I actually feel sorry for you guys at Outspark.

Quote:
When you do something right no one remembers ... when you do something wrong no one forgets...

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #18
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
That bottom quote is so true.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #19
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Community features...? o:

I actually have no idea what that is. Any guesses? LOL~
Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #20
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
So quick to judge when I chose not to release certain information.

It's more about doing it right than doing it ghettofied. There are security issues to consider which I'm sure you know all about.
lolpwnt.

Honestly saying stuff when you don't have 100% of the info the people behind the scenes have is a little Naive. (can't do the "i" with oomlaut >.>)
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Community features...? o:

I actually have no idea what that is. Any guesses? LOL~
omg...

I hope something where people can host like Tournaments!

That would be WICKED AWESOME!

Jousting ftw.

GO RACOON GOOOOO!!!!

*stabs Hyper*

O SHI

*Falls off Racoon*

ouch =/

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Closed Thread