Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
sylfin
Crab

Server: Bijou
sylfin is on a distinguished road
Fiestawiki

I've played the Mara KQ for over 50 times and never got a fail. However, the last 2-3 week it looks like most of the KQ fail. I've seen the most ridiculous things like parties who were first killing all the fake ones and of course fail in the end.

Also, people seem to forget to buy their skills. There was a cleric who said he didn't learned heal yet :S (he really didn't once healed). Tankers who say they don't have mock AFTER pulling Mara or Marlone.

It really looks like people don't know how to play the game/KQ and therefore I think it would be a good thing if everyone knows about fiestawiki. I read it when I was new to the game and it explained a lot of things.

So to come to my question: anyone has some idea on how to get fiestawiki to every player's attention?

Sylfin, lvl 3x Wizmage, Cypion
Old 02-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I don't know if the main site has a link to it, but maybe we could suggest it, or ask. People have always found the wiki helpful.

Last edited by Yosei; 02-14-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Unfortunately no. However, if you post frequently on the Outspark site, you could make suggestions for the members of that forum to come check out our wiki. If you try to post a link in all of your posts on there, then maybe more people will see it and suggest to others to come view it. Just make sure you are within their rules for posting links. I know they have something about certain siggies, but I'm not sure what all it is about.

The best advertisement is by word of mouth.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
As for rules on link, I think its fine as long as its an outspark or fiesta-related site, which the wiki is, so its fine to link others to it.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
The FiestaWiki is not a rulebook. It is a source of information, with recommendations, and not rules, by which a player is to follow. A fighter does not have to be a tank, for instance.

The Wiki is bound under the GNU Free Documentation License, which reinforces what is stated above--the Wiki is to provide at most a "manual" or "textbook" reference. This, essentially, means that it should only provide information to you, and nothing else. Another analogy would be similar to classes or schooling: the teacher may present the information, but ultimately the student is the one who determines whether he or she will use it or not.

As stated prior, the best way to spread the word is by word-of-mouth. It is highly irregular to start advertising, and Outspark may not look upon it too kindly--as they have already removed YouTube links for unfathomable reasons--to me at least. Whereas we are not affiliated with Outspark in any way, it would be wise not to invoke their complaints.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Well I know they link to the fansites, or well, used to(I remember when blahs discovered it xD).
People tend to not lurk around on the outspark site. Many seem to not check out announcements, the known-issues forum, and just the other sections of the site, they just make their own thread and wait for answers. Which in the end, they get redirected somewhere.

I forgot where I read it, but I think I remember reading that just as long as they are outspark/fiesta/SoS related, you can link. I had a sig advertising fiestafan for acouple weeks, and nothing was said to me about my link. I guess we can wait and see if Snakey has anything to say about it.

Last edited by Yosei; 02-14-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Kinda confused by what you are saying.

If he posts a link in his siggy saying that players can find good useful information here (insert link), I do not see how that would violate any of Outspark's rules, and it also does not say that every player has to follow it.
I think sylfin found the info. useful and would like for everyone to read it, but we know that it is not required. Posting a link is also not advertising, I was just saying that word of mouth is the best advertisement, not meaning to go out an place an ad for it. I was using it as a reference, towards advertisement, means to spread the word about a certain thing, and the best way for sylfin to do that is by word of mouth.

Like I said, I am confused by what you are trying to say, so maybe I am misinterpreting your post.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 02-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

They recently changed their rules on sigs and links. I was just bringing it up cuz on the net and on the forums, where most of the "help" is taking place, a link or ad would be a little helpful.
Any chance I get, I will suggest going here and checking out the wiki.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
Spirit
complete once again

Originally Posted by Serric View Post
This is am important message. Please take the time to read it as it may relate to you.

There are many people on these forums that have an image and link in their signature to Magic: The Gathering. It is a very simply link where a user takes a quiz and is shown what “color” they are in accordance with the game.

These need to be removed. Simply put, they are a violation as they advertise and link to a non OutSpark-related game on these forums. The link needs to be removed from your signatures as soon as possible, according to OutSpark administrators. If users are found to post such items in their signatures, their signature privileges will be revoked.

Links to 3rd party sites other than Fiesta/SotS fan sites are not allowed on these forums. Other links which will result in a violation are links to:
  • Myspace (or similar)
  • Anything which shares personal information (email, etc.)

Images imbedded in signatures will be checked for links. If any post or signature is found to have a link as described above, the user will be reported to admin.

I am hoping this post will allow many of you the opportunity to remove the links yourselves. In the near future we CLs will be doing sweeps so please consider this your initial warning. I will sticky this post in the Fiesta, SotS and OutSpark general forums in an effort to alert as many players as possible.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please PM myself or any of the CLs. If we are unable to answer your question directly, we will forward it to SKiNG and Murdock for further review.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

EDIT: The link is what needs to be removed. I have double-checked with admin and it seems the image itself is fine, but the link has to go.

Thanks, all.
So, after reading this, I think if sylfin was to put a link in his siggy to our wiki, then it would be okay, since it is an Outspark game related site.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
So, after reading this, I think if sylfin was to put a link in his siggy to our wiki, then it would be okay, since it is an Outspark game related site.
That's true, for the time being.

Outspark is slowly becoming another Jagex. Restrictions on videos? Please.
Closed Thread