Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Sigh (a PS3 games thread)

I don't remember there being many (any?) PS3 owners here but I guess I'll give it a try.

It's that time of the year again for me, where I order games from overseas (Amazon/DHL delivery) and wrack my brain for more ways to burn my excess income. I have a list of games that I'd like to get/have heard of. These are:

Metal Gear Solid 4 (action)
InFamous (sandbox)
Assassin's Creed 2 (action?)
Grand Theft Auto 4 (sandbox)
killzone 2: (shooter)
Burnout Paradise (racing)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (action)
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Fighter, don't hate me, saw someone playing this and fell in love with the grafx)
Blazblue (animesque Fighter, think I'll wait for the updated version in July)
Super Street Fighter IV (releases end of this month)
Demon's Souls (ARPG, still a bit too pricey for me)
Fallout 3 : GotY (RPG, heard it was buggy)
Resistance (shooter, have the second, dunno if I should really get the first if it's more of the same)
Dragon Age: Origins (RPG, still a little pricey)
God of War Collection (good value, but not enthused)
Little Big Planet: (no access to online content so that's a no)
Katamari Forever: (heard it was a big thing a while back, dunno anything about it)
MK vs. DC universe (fighter?)
The Darkness (oldish quirky shooter?)
Dead Space (Shooter/Horror, oldish "Bioshock in space")
Bioshock 2 (shooter, have the first one, bit pricey)
Uncharted 1+2 (action adventure? 2nd is expensive but first is cheap)
Resonance of Fate (a different kind of JRPG? Still pricey)
Stranglehold (John Woo styled 3rd person shooter?)
Heavy Rain (gimmicky/expensive)

Max Payne 3 (unreleased)
Just cause 2 (unreleased)
The Last Guardian (unreleased)

Anyone own/have opinions on these games/can suggest some others? I have a limited budget of about 100 Bahraini Dinars (which is around $250) and can only afford to order only about once or twice a year, so choosing the games is important.

*Addendum*

Important to note that the local ISP's haven't even enabled connectivity to the PS networks. This means I cannot connect online for online-multiplayer so making games reliant on online non-choices. These include the CoDs and most shooters I imagine.

Last edited by Ivramire; 04-06-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
I can say that since I own Dragon Age and Bioshock2, beat em both and they were FUN! DA had a lot of hidden content, if you look for some you can get quite a few laughs, CAN EVEN HAZ HOMOSEXUALZ RELATIONSHIPZ WITH DA SMEX, But yeah...

Bioshock2 was so amazing. I mean it was a bit short but that was probably because I just was completely addicted and beat it twice, first was just a quick playthrough sadly, really wanted to see what happened next. Second one, I really took the time to find out everything and knowing some more info. from the first playthrough a lot more things made sense the second time. I do have to warn you that all 4 possible endings are sad =/ First game in terms of plot was better thought out with imo a MUCH better ending, the good one anyway.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ro-punctuation
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #4
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
You've got the god of war collection, but not God of War 3.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
secbro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
lilruby2010
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: XxRubyxX
Current Level: 77
Server: Cypion
lilruby2010 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lilruby2010 Send a message via Skype™ to lilruby2010
Love Little Big Planet. My favorite game of all time endless lolz when you play with friends.
Beat Assassins Creed twice love that game but it took me forever to beat it the first time. (Mostly cuz i suck a most games but wont give up playing them ^^)
Loved the graphics on the Naruto demo so i rented it but didn't really like the game that much. Gave it to my brother and he loved it so guess it depends on the person
Just rented Heavy Rain haven't had a chance to play it yet but the demo kinda bored me

XxRubyxX ->Cypion ->Kings And Queens ->7X
Ovi's Siggy Shop
lilruby2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Online IDs?
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Well, Batman is out of the running, went up $10 since I put it in the cart and heard rumors of a GotY edition coming. Dragon Age and Bioshock 2 I'll buy another time since they're still expensive.

GOW3 is still expensive too.

Guess I'm getting MGS4, GTA4, Burnout: Paradise, Assassin's Creed 2, Infamous, Naruto, Uncharted and Killzone 2.

Last edited by Ivramire; 04-06-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Burnout is a damn fun game.
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
AC2 is fantastic. Make sure you get all the glyphs for The Truth, otherwise your missing out on a major plot area.

Unless you've already spoiled it for yourself.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
secbro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
Oh yeah Infamous was really fun, only played a bit of it but I enjoyed it :P Kinda hard to aim sometimes though