Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Debating over stats is stupid.

Stop debating over stats like it's going to make a difference! Everything ends up the same in the end, all these random ratios make my head go crazy! Nothing, and I mean nothing, you do will make your character any more ground breaking than another.

Going full spirit for them crits?! You can get 15% regardless of your spirit anyway!

Going full endurance to tank?! You can get 3k HP if you level up!

Going full strength to deal more damage?! Who cares! Your weapon gives you plenty of damage, along with licenses!

Going full dexterity to hit things?! Use an aim scroll!

Going full intelligence to deal more damage?! Are you crazy?!

Going hybrid?! Then read two/three of my comments above instead of one!

Stats in Fiesta just aren't tide turning. Admit it, I'm right.

Last edited by Dynamics; 09-18-2007 at 04:23 AM..
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 AM   #2
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
I agree, to an extent xD The game pretty much builds your character for you >-< which I don't really like...

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 09-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Ah, but it's what level you get them at. phoenix2412 or some number sequence had 1k exp by level 32 for a mage, which is quite impressive.

It's fun to watch people yell at each other though. >_<
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yes... when people try to criticize me on my build or on what stats I prefer, I tell them theres no right way, cuz really, there isn't. I don't even go hard core into it. "Theres this that has +5int and +.2crit, but ZOMG, this one has +.3 crit!!"
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #5
The Blue Viper
Honeying

The Blue Viper is on a distinguished road
I was thinking about this the other day actually. If we base this on stats at L100 and look how much we'll gain from Free Stats, it's actually very minor compared to what the base stats add. It's pretty lame, really.

What should happen is the more you add points into one stat, the more it will affect it.

Take STR for example. At the moment it adds +1 damage per point and a bonus of +2 at 5 point intervals.

Instead, it should add +1 damage at 1-10 points, +2 at 11-20 points, +3 at 30-40, and so on. Or at least something similar. That way you can see more of a benefit from going with a pure or majority build.

Last edited by The Blue Viper; 09-18-2007 at 07:40 AM..
Old 09-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Blue Viper View Post
I was thinking about this the other day actually. If we base this on stats at L100 and look how much we'll gain from Free Stats, it's actually very minor compared to what the base stats add. It's pretty lame, really.

What should happen is the more you add points into one stat, the more it will affect it.

Take STR for example. At the moment it adds +1 damage per point and a bonus of +2 at 5 point intervals.

Instead, it should add +1 damage at 1-10 points, +2 at 11-20 points, +3 at 30-40, and so on. Or at least something similar. That way you can see more of a benefit from going with a pure or majority build.
that would make spr too overpowered then. everyone would pump spr and spam skills with their 900000000 sp points and crit every shot.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
The Blue Viper
Honeying

The Blue Viper is on a distinguished road
I guess it would have to be done individually for each stat then, because as it stands STR and INT seem almost useless to add.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I disagree. I mean, aren't you basically saying that we don't need to use any of our stat points at all? Seriously, I reckon different builds do make a difference though. Yeah, we probably all end up similar at the end, but it's what we get in the process that matters, not just the end product.

I'm sure you have noticed I've been dying a lot in OB compared to CB, and that's because I'm using two different builds. Sure, I could be lacking a bit of concentration in OB, but I still find that I die a lot more easily and that's because I'm working on a different build now.

Yeah, all in all, I beg to differ. For now.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Nope, our Zombie King raids were a first.

It probably is because of the lack of vitallity scrolls..
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
BTW I have no idea why you're dying so much >.>. I'm gonna give you all my vitality scrolls man. I seriously don't think an extra 10 or 20 endurance would save your life much. I just remember you were tank in CB because of vitality scrolls, and you were levelled enough to have 1k HP (I THINK). Plus, I don't think we went on many dangerous Marlone raids, maybe you did with Chinh and Alan though. Remember my archer had zero endurance, and he rarely died (even before your heal piggy powahs came into play).
Ah totally forgot about the scrolls. I looked back on my last screen in CB I only had 883 HP at level 36. Yeah, you barely died, but you had 7 scrolls on you all the time. D:

Well, it could be the lack of vitality scrolls like wacky said (can't afford any, nor make any..) soo maybe it's because of that.. but I still don't think that builds aren't debatable. To be honest, I don't know what to make of all the numbers you had posted because I don't really know what kind of effect it gives in game (I refuse to use maths with a game!), but I just get this feeling that I seem to be dying more because of my lack of endurance. D: