Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
fiestadad
Slime

fiestadad is on a distinguished road
Please help a parent

My 12 year old wants to play Fiesta but I know nothing about it and can't find any information on the site as to the content of the game. What is the level of violence, sex, etc. does the game contain? Is the game appropriate for unsupervised play by a 12 year old child? Thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
lol the game is'nt violent at all an doesnt contain sex drugs or anything that would concern a parent. The only concerns you have may have is from the bad morons in the community. But theres always a few bad apples in the bunch. And yes if I was a parent I would have no problem with my kid playing this game.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by fiestadad View Post
My 12 year old wants to play Fiesta but I know nothing about it and can't find any information on the site as to the content of the game. What is the level of violence, sex, etc. does the game contain? Is the game appropriate for unsupervised play by a 12 year old child? Thanks
When you register, if you use a birthday that means that the person is under the age of 13, then it tells you, "Sorry, you must be at least 13 to play this game. However, after playing it for a week, I decided that my son would really like the game and he is only 11. I set him up an account, because I believe as his parent it is my choice to do so. However, I supervise him and I have informed him that the chat is unfiltered and anyone can pretty much say anything they want; and they do. However, you can report people for using abusive language, and I have actually reported people for using offensive words. The cussing is not what gets me, although for the most part I do not understand the need to constantly say the "F" word. My problem is with the other abusive racist comments that have been made.
One thing that I realized though, was that the chat moves so fast, and unless my son is sitting there doing nothing but staring at the chat log, he is so busy playing, that he never notices what is being said. I have not shown him how to work the chat, and have told him to talk to no-one without letting me read what is being said or what he is typing. He is more interested in taking out the mobs though than actually reading the chat.
As far as violence, It is no worse than Final Fantasy or other like video games. The characters for the females are "very well" built. However, they are not unclad or anything like that. They simply have the body that all of us "moms" wish we had, lol.
The best advice I can offer you as a parent, is to create you a character and play it for a few days, then see what you think for yourself. But be aware!!!! You might become addicted, lol.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Eh, it depends. I myself think its pretty safe for 12 year olds, it has word filterings like mad. You can't even say butt. As for sex.. there's no sex in the game, maybe talk, but thats against the rules technically.

BUT.. people do say things that get around that. Like Southern, I'd suggest you try it yourself.

If you let your child play, please request that he act mature. If us older players act mature and avoid adult-like conversation and such, he should respect us and not act too childish.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Violence: You're killing monsters. Basically cartoon or anime combat.

Profanity: You'll run into the occasional idiot who likes to spam around the filter. There is very little sexual reference, but some of the NPC's are questionable. Nothing is showing, though.

Conclusion: If you wanted to use a movie rating scale, I would say PG or PG-13.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
MindGame
Hero Slime

MindGame is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MindGame
Originally Posted by fiestadad View Post
Naturally in every multiplayer game you have to be aware of chat, there are ways around the filter but to be honest I havent seen people deliberatly curse around the filter. I think if your 12 year old wants to play a game, this would be suitable for that.

Looking for a guild that uses Ventrilo or Teamspeak.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
I'd say this game is fit for anyone of any age.

Violence:
It's not like a graphical blood-thirsty rampage or something. There's no blood, no real violence at all (except for whacking an enemy with an extremely tiny pixel sword until it falls over and disappears magically). Really unless you're keeping your child in a safe magical bubble, it's perfectly fine to play. There is no real violence at all.

Sex:
None at all. Females have large breasts, I suppose, but as Southern-Majesty stated, it's not like they're naked or anything. Fully clothed. Even if you take off your character's equipped clothing, they just display 'default' clothing instead.

Profanity:
The word censor is ridiculous. You shouldn't really worry about this. It blocks even a lot of normal words like 'class' or 'raccoon'.

I certainly think you can let your child play the game. But like the others said, play it yourself first, and you'll see. Even ten minutes in-game is enough, really.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Stryfe
Gang Imp

Stryfe is on a distinguished road
Violence: Well, its a game, and an mmorpg to be more precise. You need to kill stuff in order to progress through the game. It's not very explicit though, so it's pretty mild.

Sex: Nope.

Drugs: Well, I often here of people getting "stoned" after a long grind session, and people abusing "pot" and selling them on the streets. That might be a problem for you.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
Niion
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: Don't Believe anything I post D:
Current Level: 90% Of my posts are made of lies.
Niion is on a distinguished road
You can see up skirts.
Yummy.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Stryfe View Post
Violence: Well, its a game, and an mmorpg to be more precise. You need to kill stuff in order to progress through the game. It's not very explicit though, so it's pretty mild.

Sex: Nope.

Drugs: Well, I often here of people getting "stoned" after a long grind session, and people abusing "pot" and selling them on the streets. That might be a problem for you.
Haha funny. But don't mislead the man.
Pot= Potions.. things that help our health ingame.
Stoned=Stones.. same thing as potions, except less conveniant when fighting.
Closed Thread