Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Quest List - I haz a Question

OK maybe more than just 1 question..

I've been updating all the broken formats in Quest List... like changing all the Bless Lix (2) to Blessed Lix (2) etc... so that they're all redirecting properly...

Question 1:
Is there a way for me to view the list of existing pages in wiki? I'm worried that I'm creating new redirections that already existed.

Question 2:
Do I have to create a new redirect page for every "HP Potion (Tier 1)", "HP Potion (Tier 2)", "HP Potion (Tier 3)" etc?

Question 3:
There was a "Lucky Lix(1)" page, but i've changed it all to "Lucky Lix (1)" -with a space- is it possible to delete the old one to stop confusion? Is that something only you admins can do? Or just leave it?

Question 4:
Can I, or someone else, change the name of Weapon Title Merchant Bran? It's currently "Weapen Title Merchant Bran".

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
OK maybe more than just 1 question..

I've been updating all the broken formats in Quest List... like changing all the Bless Lix (2) to Blessed Lix (2) etc... so that they're all redirecting properly...

Question 1:
Is there a way for me to view the list of existing pages in wiki? I'm worried that I'm creating new redirections that already existed.
Answer 1:
Under Special Pages the first thing is All Pages:
http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Special:Specialpages
Click all pages.
or Clicky: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Special:Allpages

I put the first link cause I think that is a page you will find very interesting.

Question 2:
Do I have to create a new redirect page for every "HP Potion (Tier 1)", "HP Potion (Tier 2)", "HP Potion (Tier 3)" etc?
Answer 2:
Yes, due to the way Quest Lists are set up you will need to create a redirect for each different item. There is just no way to change the way it links.

Question 3:
There was a "Lucky Lix(1)" page, but i've changed it all to "Lucky Lix (1)" -with a space- is it possible to delete the old one to stop confusion? Is that something only you admins can do? Or just leave it?
Answer 3:
Only Admins/Sysops can do. Just create a list of these pages and either post them here or in either Icy's or Triumph's Talk section.

Icy's talk section: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/User_talk:Icy
Triumph's talk section: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/User_talk:Triumph

This type of thing is more what Icy deals with but Triumph will be more then happy to take care of it for you. You can also add it to my Talk section till you get the fill list made.

My talk section: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/User_talk:Gandalfa82

Question 4:
Can I, or someone else, change the name of Weapon Title Merchant Bran? It's currently "Weapen Title Merchant Bran".
Answer 4:
I'll get right on that. Though it is not a major problem since I'm reading all the NPC pages and it will be changed when I do that. But as you find those problems just post them on my Talk section and I will move the page.

My talk section: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/User_talk:Gandalfa82

EDIT: Weapon Title Merchant Bran is now fixed! ~~Gandalfa82

Hope this helps and thank you again for all the help here.

Last edited by Gandalfa82; 10-03-2008 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: updating status
Old 10-03-2008, 03:12 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
WOOOO That's awesome!! Thanks!!

It's just that for my quest list, the NPC Bran links are red, coz it couldn't direct it to the right "weapen" NPC XD...

hmmm i'm not good with talk pages... i still dont really know how they work... but i'll try..

Do I click on the + thing at the top to add something? do i need to put in some kinda tag to sign the section? (like how Icy has the Icy 04:52, 7 August 2008 (CDT))

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 AM   #4
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Page deleted per request.

WOOOO That's awesome!! Thanks!!

It's just that for my quest list, the NPC Bran links are red, coz it couldn't direct it to the right "weapen" NPC XD...

hmmm i'm not good with talk pages... i still dont really know how they work... but i'll try..

Do I click on the + thing at the top to add something? do i need to put in some kinda tag to sign the section? (like how Icy has the Icy 04:52, 7 August 2008 (CDT))
It's not necessary to use the + option to add a comment, but it certainly simplifies a bit. To sign, it is preferred that you type four tildes: ~~~~

That will sign your name, date, and time of comment.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

ohh ok 4 tides.. i'll try remember that.. Thanks!

Lucky Lix wasnt the only duplicate page, there's a whole heap of other ones...

I'll make a list and post it here.. Icy seems to have a very big to-do list on his talk page...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Gandalfa82
Boogy

yep, but deletion logs are not to troublesome. Another place you can put it is on the http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Talk:Current_events Current Events Talk page. This is a page that both Icy and Triumph check and who ever gets to it first can take care of it.

Or my way which is edit the page to a blank and add this to the Summary: Redirect Not Needed DELETE at will.

Truimph's good at catching those and deleteing them, lol.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Ohh i just made a list of them on a forum thread...

coz i'm still a wiki noob... XD

but when i'm bored / find some time, i'll delete the content and make that "can be deleted" note as well.. (like how i saw License page is like that)

(excuse my grammar... its 11.30pm and i'm sleepy and cant think properly)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
Gandalfa82
Boogy

its all good

Its 10:00 am here and I'm still waking up. I'll probably take care of most of those pages today.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Another Question:

I'm updating the quest rewards...

Level 13 Quest Reward: Choose between Broad Sword, Spiked Club, Light Bow, Magic Staff

Magic Staff is also the mob in MT.. how do we distinguish the two?

atm the link is linking to the mob...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Put in a disambiguation page. Atleast that's what they do in Wikipedia.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread