Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:03 AM   #11
Maki
Om nom noming unnom'ables

In-Game Name: Makii
Current Level: 78 (Will never reach lv 79 on purpose! Can't miss the thrill of gaining EXP than die on purpose!)
Server: ¨♥ B i j o u ♥¨ (; >_x)Q(Ò¬ÓQ) Fix the Archers!
Maki is on a distinguished road

Aiyo~
I guess... the Olympics did its good and bad deeds.
Apparently some families are really looking forward to something that can take their minds off the tragedy.
At the same time.. The Olympics are occupying the priorities of the chinese govenment
Hence the lack of aid

Either way, I don't promote brooding over their loss even if its a big one
I'm a fan of optimism

Thank you the AWESOME Ethelinde!
: ¨ · . · ¨ :
` · . Level 78 Bijou Archer - Makii
.·´¯`·
(\ /)
(*¬*)

**『Click the bandaid to join the petition for the victims of the Chinese Earthquake. Do a wonderful deed!
[:: (CLICK ME!) ::]

**『If you're a Super Duper Support Cleric click this bunny!
(\ /)
(*¬*)
CLERICS PLEASE
Old 07-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #12
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Eh. FF basically just did a 1-month necro on that thread. But whatever. Maybe it'll bring the issue to the forefront again...

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
I don't see how they plan to shrug off the problems they've been having in time for the Olympics.

Especially when it seems like noones looking at the people who suffered in the natural disasters anymore (media).
Of course, they're not going to. Who knows how long the problems facing that region are going to be solved? Chinese corruption is a deeply entrenched cultural as well as a political issue and those simply don't go away because the government (or the people) will it.

And of course, the Chinese government's remedy to the situation is to cover it up. TBH, the Chinese government in this catastrophe has already shown to be more open with the public about toll numbers and the exact extent of the damage compared with past catastrophes (bird flu, anyone?). But the Chinese government just won't allow news of this catastrophe or others (Curse of the Fuwa) to interuppt what it sees as a demonstration of a new China.

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
The olympics is a form of celebration. I don't see how they can celebrate when so many are homeless and many more grieving for their lost families.
To be fair, it's not as if the Olympics were planned to coincide with this.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:17 AM   #13
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah sorry i didnt look at the timestamp LOL!! is there a rule that says no necroing on official too?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 AM   #14
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
No.

So we're good.

Except one person noticed it was a "Zombie thread."

But whatev.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:20 AM   #15
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
So I guess the actual Outspark donation thing is long-past revival?

It would have meshed well with the Dragon Pack Promotion or something.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Thats good...

There's actually a lot of inspiriational stories coming from this disaster...

OMG I just found these comics on the earthquake..

These comics derived from true stories, I've heard it all on my HK channel...

http://earthquakestrips.blogspot.com/

The Strips are on the right, numbered 1 to 12.

Yeah I noticed that he OP stopped updated the list a month ago.. i just PMed him, hoping he'll keep doing it..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #17
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Being displaced like that is a right and total bitch. I was out of doors in a Red Cross shelter for about two months back during Hurricane Rita (2005, shortly after Katrina). By the time we decided we should probably leave, the closest place we could find room was about 400 miles (627 km) away. Due to the traffic, it took us nearly 20 hours to get there. Ah well. C'est la vie, non?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #18
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
The media seems to move so quick these days @.@ I mean, years later, the media still dwells over things like that little John Bennet Ramsey or Princess Diana. The "war" in Iraq, who wore what on the Oscars the night before. But then theres stuff like this going on, effecting regular everyday people.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #19
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

^That's actually not a coincidence.

Hard to do stories over it when the government is preventing reporters or news agencies to get close enough to do one.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #20
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
I loved how China rushed aid to US when Katrina hit while Bush is still scrambling around... and how US is busy China-bashing like how they've Japan/Taiwan/Korea/etc. bashed when their economy was surging in the past. I guess people like Jack Cafferty is too busy worrying about lead poison from the "goons and thugs" to care about their suffering! Btw... to Hessah about the spirits... yeah it's an impressive sight... to see the unity in people... I duno how to describe it but whether it be the Olympics or the earthquake my heart felt warmed seeing all the people with one determined will...
Closed Thread