Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #21
A_Forever
:w

I suppose.. but any time someone says that, almost everyone disagrees.

I was trying to figure out another way of saying that and kind of trying to explain why. :/

I'm lazy. Leaving this discussion.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #22
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Server: Teva
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
^ No.
As every single cell is living. Every step you take you kill stuff.
I think she means that it is not collectively considered a living being.
It is alive in the sense that it is not dead.
However I believe that it cannot be considered seperate from it's mother until it is born.
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #23
Lirange
Bad Kid

Some people believes it becomes a living being once the sperm meets the egg, others when the baby is born. So if you believe it's when the sperm meets the egg, then abortion would be murder to you. If not, then abortion isn't. (Those are the two main arguments right?) And I believe it's when the sperm meets the egg, which is why I'm against abortion.

Edit: took me awhile to type that G__G.
@BDEX so would you also consider the egg as part of the hen?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #24
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
It all comes down to when you consider the clump of tissues to move from fetus to baby.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Some people believes it becomes a living being once the sperm meets the egg, others when the baby is born. So if you believe it's when the sperm meets the egg, then abortion would be murder to you. If not, then abortion isn't. (Those are the two main arguments right?) And I believe it's when the sperm meets the egg, which is why I'm against abortion.
If you consider that the point, then nature (or God, whatever actor you wish to chose) kills trillions all on it's own before it even implants into the uterus.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
If you consider that the point, then nature (or God, whatever actor you wish to chose) kills trillions all on it's own before it even implants into the uterus.
What?
Explain please.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #26
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
How much do I have to explain? I'm sure there are some good online resources to show how the reproductive system works. Once the sperm and egg get together, the zygote has to move through the fallopian tubes and then implant on the lining of the uterus.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #27
Lirange
Bad Kid

Then where does the "trillions of death" come from?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #28
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
...It's called a miscarriage o-o

And yes I would call the egg part of the hen, until the egg is external from the mother.
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #29
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I never thought that having an abortion is "wrong" because you're killing something, it's "wrong" because you're not taking responsibility for your actions. Which means if a baby was concieved by a rapist, I think the woman has every right to abort it.

We kill things everyday, a bug, a cow for beef, a pig for pork, a plant for vegetable... you better not be eating an egg coz that's killing a chick.

But yeah I agree with what Loki said, in the end it's up to the person living the situation to decide.

And whether the baby is a separate entity or not, the mother is most probably the one to look after it in the end, so you can't discount her decisions.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #30
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Adoption Agencies, anyone?

1% chance of the baby reaching happiness someday > 0% chance, in my belief.

personally, i think abortion should only be considered if the mother's life is directly at risk. there ARE adoption agencies out there. and besides, once you've had sex, you know what can happen. it's one of the risks you have to accept when you preform the act. :/

Last edited by Jikanu; 10-26-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Jikanu is offline   Reply With Quote