Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Server: Teva
Helion is on a distinguished road
Flawed "AoE"s

The 2 AoEs for the trickster are massively flawed. The first one is Harsh Blow, which you get after the L60 job change. You target the main mob you want to hit, and then as the trickster spins and whirls his claws or blades, he will randomly hit other surrounding mobs. Note - not all of the surrounding mobs, but a few of them. To make it worse, this is a MAGIC damage skill, therefore INT is needed. At L91, my max physical damage is 4.4K, but my INT damage is 223. Needless to say, you won't do much damage with this skill. Recently I hit a red nix in Flaming Mine with a crit damage of 26 - yes, I just said 26 - as the blades passed by. At best, the skill is good for maybe grabbing agro away from another player in party if you hit the mob, and it also acquires 2 souls per use.
The other AoE is the Soul Trap skill, also known as Ice Field to some players, which you get at level 75. In solo, the trickster can only use it as a solo skill, since you must slow the mob first before the skill will work (sequence of soul stealing move/Enfeeblement/then Soul Trap). Enfeeblement will only slow one mob, so you can then only freeze one mob. In a party, you will still need to first steal a soul, then use Soul Trap AFTER a mage slows the mobs with it's own AoE or after a fighter stuns a group. Note - if you can time the use of Soul Trap to the end of the fighter's stun, it makes for a quick end to almost all groups of mobs. Anyway, you as a trickster become a slave to hoping you have a good mage that understands to cast their mob slowing AoE first. Timing is critical, and that really makes this skill crappy. No other AoEs are the game is dependent on other players to make them work or need a combination of moves to make them work.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I laughed when I saw you crit a 26 dmg.

That sounds horrible...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
Destrus
Lizard Knight

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
is it even possible for a trickster to gain enough magic attack to make that worth it?

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Destrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Helion

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
No, the skill will hit your main mob 6 or 7 times, and each hit gets progressively stronger, so after the 3 seconds the skill lasts you can do some damage to 1 mob, anything else is just letting the other mobs know you exist.

- Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Destrus
Lizard Knight

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
so it's just a single target skill you don't want to use near things that might attack you ;_;?

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Destrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #6
Helion

You target a single mob, but anything other mob that is in a tight radius can also be hit - usually just any mob that is attacking you is close enough, but I will use it if a cleric or mage draw agro to attempt to get agro back, I just have to be close enough to the cleric or mage to affect the other mobs.

- Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
So much to look after for one skill!

I reckon I'd just go into a button bash then trip over myself and die... done that plenty of times just AOEing on my archer..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
Helion

Harsh blow isn't a bad skill, but it's best use is for stealing 2 souls at once, not as an AoE, since it really doesn't measure up IMO. You get a feel or it after a while, and the pause you have to take before you can cast your next skill is great for stoning and potting without losing your attack rhythm. Still, it would be much more useful as regular damage and not magic damage, because you will never develop enough INT stat to make it worth it in the damage department.

- Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #9
crystalblueheart
Vampire Bat

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: crystablueheart,_Nagisa_Furukawa,
Current Level: 83/48
Server: Bijou
crystalblueheart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Helion View Post
Harsh blow isn't a bad skill, but it's best use is for stealing 2 souls at once, not as an AoE, since it really doesn't measure up IMO. You get a feel or it after a while, and the pause you have to take before you can cast your next skill is great for stoning and potting without losing your attack rhythm. Still, it would be much more useful as regular damage and not magic damage, because you will never develop enough INT stat to make it worth it in the damage department.
lol imagine a full-int trickster xD

She talks A LOT for her age. It amazes me.
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
LMAO, first 15 seconds...

*picks up fork, eats with it*
*chews*
*throws fork*
Screw that!
pick up food with wand*
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Haha you quoted one of my typoes. I mean hand x.x been spending too much time on wow.
Originally Posted by Ericbraenda23 View Post
A a a axaxaxxxxxx dddaxasasasas
Originally Posted by crystalblueheart View Post
liohay8idnlfiohsd? I think I understand your language.
[CENTER]CENTER]
crystalblueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #10
Helion

Originally Posted by crystalblueheart View Post
lol imagine a full-int trickster xD
A full INT trickster would look like this:

- Captain Jack Sparrow