Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
Xardan
Mushroom

Xardan is on a distinguished road
Stat Placement

I have just reached lvl 16 with my Cleric. I am going for a more solo based character. I plan on doing the occasional KQ every now and then. I have been going 2:1 End/Strength based off of prior questions/answers off of these forums. My question now is because of in game reports that all Clerics need 25 Spr. Should I stop Strength at 10 and then switch it up to 2:1 End/Spr? Thanks in advance for helpful comments.

Xardan
Old 12-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
If you're going for a solo build I don't think 25 SPR is essential unless you want the crit rate. I did use 25 SPR for the crit rate, but I also went for the SP which I needed since I went for a support build.

25 points is a lot... I think STR/END build is ok. But I'm not a solo cleric so don't take my word for it, just my opinion. xD
Old 12-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I am a solo cleric, and I went pure END. It's not bad as long as you have patience to kill things as it can take you a while todo so.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 12-08-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
If you're gonna solo... I think you should use STR. I have 2 clerics, 1 is Full STR, and 1 is full END (with 25 spr). THe one with full STR can solo quite well. It's just that training alone gets VERY boring sometimes...

But hey, soloing means all the spoils and farming are yours :P IN a party, it's hard to go farming, since people criticise you for "Picking flowers" and not helping with the battle.

Hmm.. Should i go back to my STR cleric? XD I"m poor now.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
u could always do end/str... i see no problem with not having spr, even if u have to heal the tanker, after all, u can always using sp stones or potions. i went 1:1 str/end though, because end also helps in survival (healing others may cause the monster to attack u), but i think not having enough str will result in taking a long time to kill a monster...
Old 12-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
2:1 END/STR is fine. Your damage will be somewhat reduced, but it is a very good build for soloing.

If you're impatient like me, go 1:1 STR/END with two STR:END rings. I personally outdamage any fighter with a 1h sword, lol.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #7
Xylem
Joker Kebing

Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
u could always do end/str... i see no problem with not having spr, even if u have to heal the tanker, after all, u can always using sp stones or potions. i went 1:1 str/end though, because end also helps in survival (healing others may cause the monster to attack u), but i think not having enough str will result in taking a long time to kill a monster...
So that's why the monsters always attack me >.< I thought I'd make a full support cleric to avoid the damn monsters.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
As a full support, you'll see ALOT of monsters rushing up to you. It's because of the aggo system here: it not only judges by highest damage (thus why they run from a warrior to go after mages and archers) but also by whoever is healing the current target. As such, if you're one doing the most healing to the tank, you're the main target. In fact, if a monster is hitting you, and you are healing regularly while fighting, you'll hold aggo better than almost anyone else (I believe only warrior taunts would be able to pull it away from you).

A way to soften that is to lower the level of your heal: the stronger the heal, the more aggo you pull.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
todd0168
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Faethora
Current Level: 35
todd0168 is on a distinguished road
My main is a level 43 cleric. Soon to be level 44 hopefully. ^_^

My current build is 2:1 End:Str. I solo very well (currently working on harkan and king coll licenses). I also party quite a bit in cp and uruga. Currently I only use hammers, but as I move more and more into uruga I might carry a mace with me so I don't miss as much. I don't currently have any points into Spr but am considering it seeing as how I do tend to crit quite a bit and that extra 5% might come in really handy. Would only go to +25 of course.

---Bijou Server---
Faethora 48 Cleric Anarchy
FaeFae 46 Mage Anarchy
Faethor 18 Fighter
Old 12-14-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
Xylem
Joker Kebing

Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post
I am a solo cleric, and I went pure END. It's not bad as long as you have patience to kill things as it can take you a while todo so.
That's true. I made an END and SPR cleric - Then i got bored and jumped to a mage lol. -no patience-
Closed Thread