Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Healthy discussions are always welcome and I like this debate about clerics between clerics, but just remember to tone it down and avoid turning this into a flame war.

Back on topic though, I don't think clerics are responsible for healing everyone in a kingdom quest. True, everyone should be equally important, but when it comes down to being the only cleric or two in a kingdom quest, then I personally would heal the main tanker more than other classes. What's the point in keeping the damage dealers alive if the main tanker dies?

If I was the only cleric, I would just heal the main tanker before everyone else. I get absolutely annoyed at anyone who screams for heal if the clerics are clearly busy. I think that it is stupid for them to not be prepared with sufficient pots and stones. We, clerics, only have one proper heal skill which has at least a 2 second cool down. There is absolutely no way we can go around and heal anyone that needs heal just because they aren't organised enough to prepare their own pots, especially when you consider the rate the archers/mages die (and even sometimes, the fighters..). Why must clerics be depended on completely?

This game didn't create clerics to be pure supporters, in my opinion. In other games I've played, support classes were designed so that they are purely for support and all their skills and everything were designed to support (i.e. a class that has the common characteristics of easy to die/lots of buff skills/weak compared to other classes). But in Fiesta, we don't have that. Clerics can tank a bit, clerics don't die easily, and clerics don't have a lot of buff skills for everyone that's not in their party. Don't you think this class is designed a bit differently? It makes me think that we are not created to only be supporters. We are not given the skills to be able to heal everyone in the game. We are actually fairly limited as a supporter.

Supporting an entire group in a kingdom quest as the only cleric? Sure, possible, only if the rest of the group is considerate enough to bring their own pots. It disgusts me to see people completely rely on clerics because they're too "cheap" or too "lazy" to buy their own pots (wacky is an exception >_>), yet they ask so much of the clerics.

I am not going to create a character to spend all my money and sp pots on those who don't bother trying to help themselves. I need the money and the experience too. Why do clerics have to be the one that that live up to others expectations? Why aren't they trying to help a cleric back by trying to save themselves?

Of course, it is anyone's own choice to create a cleric to support everyone by using up all their money for the damn expensive stones, and that is nice of them. But I don't think that not healing everyone isn't greedy. If there are a few clerics in the group, then each cleric can heal their own party. Why must all clerics be told off for not healing them when it's just that one cleric in the party that's not doing their job? "HEAL ME HEAL ME GOSH WHAT ARE ALL THE CLERICS DOING!" Um, excuse me, just go and scream at the cleric in your party please, not us. We've got our own parties to support, thanks. If anyone says that, I'd just ignore them. If the whole party is weak, then I will heal everyone even if they are assholes to finish the kingdom quest, but I am not going to heal any assholes if the group can finish the quest without them.

It all comes down to their attitudes towards me. If they're polite and all, I will heal them to the best of my ability even if they don't bring pots or did something stupid, but if they're just being demanding, they can go to hell. Learn some manners and I'll think about it again.

And I am only talking about Mara KQs and onwards. Everyone are nubs in Slime so guess it's normal to see people not bringing pots. But by level 17-20, they should know by then.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
Yeah, some people are just too lazy to bring their own pots/stones/scrolls. I was just in a slime KQ and I ended up being the main tank (lvl 16 cleric) cause the fighters didn't have scrolls and/or pots/stones on them. I really used about 30 HP pots on myself, or else I wouldn't have been able to do it. Luckily the other clerics were healing well too and we made it.

And another thing I hate in a KQ are suicidal archers.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #23
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Holy crap I read all of those long posts. I guess I'm not the only one writing big honkin' paragraphs. :P

Anyway, I know how a cleric feels cause my main is actually a cleric. :P I know it isn't the cleric's fault if they can't heal me in time cause I've mashed my heal button like crazy through the cooldowns.

What annoys me is the people who get into an argument with someone else and refuses to heal EVERYONE just because of that one person. That's what happened in that KQ. I didn't say anything and tried to get the group to take down the boss but he, who probably also had the stronger heal too, refused to heal myself who was tanking the boss.

I've always said to the other fighters that if they can't take a single hit from the boss then to just stay back because they are more help that way.

I know clerics aren't obligated to heal every single person even another cleric. I try but if I see a renegade mage or archer or fighter try and solo monsters that'd wipe out 70% of their HP without trying to heal themselves. I'll leave them for dead. The other problem with the Mara KQ lately is that most try to rush through the stages. This leaves most of the late starters behind and wiping out a good chunk out of the KQ.

Anyway, healing fighters if they get too close perhaps being a first timer is fine. Everyone has their first KQ and I will revive them and then tell them to keep away. IF they do it the second time then they're just going to have to lie there or figure out the move button.

As for the Archers and Mages, because there is a good chunk in each KQ they're going to have to do their job to pull any stray mobs away from the tank and clerics. Same with the other fighters! I've had times where I had to Snear Kick those annoying archers because no one else was helping the poor kid running for his life. If you have the HP bar to spare then you should help the rest of the group out and call the aggro on yourself. This goes especially for those fighters. You may not be able to take on the boss but I'm sure you can take a hit or two from the other monsters.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #24
Lilly
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Lilly
Current Level: 30 Mage / Teenage Cleric =P
Lilly is on a distinguished road
I understand your frustrations. If KQ was promised to have a cleric for each party, then yes, dying would pretty much be at the fault of the clerics. But that doesn't always happen. 1 cleric cannot be expected to heal everyone in a KQ all the time. That is the reason there are two free lives to begin with- so that you have a chance to come back if you make a mistake.

Clerics should mainly focus on the tanks, as they are the ones that should be holding the aggro and taking damage if they play their role correctly (unfortunately, at times that isn't always the case). Honestly, if clerics are having a hard time, it's usually the fault of either ineffective tanking or overzealous mages & archers. There can be bad clerics, for sure, but it's not always all their fault =P

~Noëlle(irl)~
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #25
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
exactly.

if the archers and mages are dieing, chances are A) the fighters aren't doing their jobs. or B) the archers/mages are pulling mobs before the fighters get a chance to attack them. That's hardly the cleric's fault.

I play every class but cleric (everyone plays cleric, boring) but i'm the most sympathetic to clerics in KQs. archers pulling unecessary mobs and almost dieing then whining the cleric wont heal. maybe next time you should think before you attack.

And why should your pots and stones take priority over the cleric's? heal costs SP, where do you think these clerics get it from? why dont you try using your stones and pots and then let the cleric supplement them a bit with his heals.

those of you that have KQ'ed with poechudraco know exactly what i'm talking about. he's level 24 now i think. every mara KQ i've been in with him he runs up ahead with the fighters. pulls mobs, then dies. I can tell he never uses stones or pots cuz i often watch his hp for amusement. So he dies screams Rez for two minutes then finally burns a heart because he has to. repeat this two more times, i'm not sure if he's ever finished a Mara KQ (never has when i've been in it)

Now to say it's a cleric's job to keep an idiot like that alive is nothing short of absurd.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #26
jofonandez
Mushroom

jofonandez is on a distinguished road
I very much agree... but in light with what Lilly said, even IF a cleric per party were promised for each KQ, there have been many circumstances where it's impossible to keep everyone alive. If I'm spamming my heal down to the moment it cools down and people are still dying its frustrating to get a barrage of complaints or "sighs" implying I'm slacking off. There is a reason we get 3 lives in KQ's, people need to realize this.

One example is people spreading out at a far enough distance that I'm literally running a back and forth marathon attempting to keep my otherwise great teammates alive. It's really nice to stay back and help out someone who accidentally(?) pulled a stray mob while zipping through Maras, but try to keep an eye on the radar and if you're going to pull agro, please be near the rest of the team @@.

It's also especially hard when the main tanker is in another party. Targeting them for the heals becomes even more difficult when fighters in my party are tanking up front (rather than behind) and trading agro randomly with the main tank. Without the main tank in my party it's not as easy as clicking the bar on the side to get back to healing him/her.

Otherwise, I've had my fair share of close cases and down-to-the-wire moments that have ended up okay, and lately I've actually had some pretty successful runs through KQ's so it's been good.

Just had a few things to support and add to the convo haha. Happy grinding everyone
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #27
Slime

In-Game Name: Messara
Current Level: 1
Server: Apoline
iMage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to iMage Send a message via MSN to iMage Send a message via Yahoo to iMage
There's really no point in arguing with either of you. If you want to play that way then fine. There's nothing I can do or say to change that. But I and several other Clerics will play our class exactly how its supposed to be played.

Edit: Wow... I did not notice the third page. Anyways, this post is directed to Lady and that other guy Southern or whatever his name is.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #28
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I see what you all mean. It's difficult to keep people alive who aren't trying to stay alive. It's hard for people to realize that if you are going to join a Kingdom Quest that you are in there as a team even if the player next to you is not in your party. You're not forced to keep people who are being inconsiderate alive. And even if they yell and scream or call you a "noob" (oh gosh this word has been used too much it means nothing), you know and the others know that he did it to himself and you don't have to feel bad about it.

Of course, like I've mentioned, there are always first-timers but to make everything work you are going to have to make sure everyone agrees with the plan. Don't just shout "RUSH!!" and expect everyone to get to the boss with their hearts intact. Whatever character play, however you may play that character outside of a party does not matter when you are in your KQ.

It doesn't matter if you're an Archer and can tank... your job in the party is to pull monsters from a group of aggros so the whole army doesn't come after the others. Furthermore, to land hits on the boss monster with the mages to kill faster. If everyone knows their role in a big party then it all works out. If the others aren't doing it, at least do your part to the best of your ability. No one can blame you for not doing your job if you, yourself know you have been. After all, it is a free online game. No need to get your panties in a knot for.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #29
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iMage View Post
There's really no point in arguing with either of you. If you want to play that way then fine. There's nothing I can do or say to change that. But I and several other Clerics will play our class exactly how its supposed to be played.

Edit: Wow... I did not notice the third page. Anyways, this post is directed to Lady and that other guy Southern or whatever his name is.
so tell me mr. game developer, how is this the cleric class supposed to be played?

People play their char how they think it sould be played. that doesn't make anyone's play style more or less right.

Clerics are real people playing this game for their enjoyment, not for yours. and if they dont enjoy being your personal HP slave, dont complain. When i play this game, i play for me, not for you. that means i play how i want to, and if i want to play by not healing people, get the hell over it.

thread over

Last edited by KY_Jelly; 09-22-2007 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: word wasn't filtered? didn't know if thats allowed.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #30
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by iMage View Post

After Lady-Loki and I made our comments, we both agreed to not post anything else to this thread, as we had already said what we intended to say. However, I do have to tell you one more thing. If you can read, then you would see that my name is Southern-Majesty----And my signature clearly states that I am a mother and a wife, therefore I am not "that other guy...whatever his name is." Thanks!!!!!
By the way, I hope one day I have a chance to heal you!!!!!
Darn, you are in Apoline, what a shame!!!

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Closed Thread