Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
glowingarmy
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: abysmal_mage/Abysmal_Warrior
Current Level: 65/39/28/21
Server: TEVA FTW
glowingarmy is on a distinguished road
im a knew fighter

I just made a fighter because i got bored of my mage and im trying to decide at lvl 20 what do i want to be a damage dealer or a tank i want to use an axe is there a way i could be a tank and use an axe?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: GR8_Scotts, Nordyck
Current Level: 6x (all)
Server: Bijou
GR8_Scotts is on a distinguished road
Two thoughts, first is be an AMAZING DD and kill things quicker than they can kill you (good till level 60 or so). Second option is pay a LOT of money for Tough cookie charms, backpacks, etc. and then spend a ton of gold for all +9 hi END&STR gear. Biggest challenge is magic damage... that shield really makes a diff when it comes to tanking MD and other magic wielding bosses. Some rings help (if you buff them they give you extra Magic Def) but only a bit. Good news is you'll be putting out serious dmg so mock/kick won't be as critical... you should hold crowd aggro pretty easy with devastate (max cool-down points). Good luck, and I hope I don't run into you PvP unless Im on my archer!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
crazylilpun
Imp

In-Game Name: Corruption
Current Level: 118
Server: Private Server
crazylilpun is on a distinguished road
Currently on my fighter (I'm only level 45) I use an axe. I do nice dmge and do fairly well in pvp unless i face off against a +9 opponent or sc opponent. However, I can still tank if needed to during kqs. With a shield and sword it would be a lot better but it still works, however my mg def is extremely low which makes me want to use a shield sometimes.

As a tank you shouldn't really worry about doing the most dmge you should focus more on keeping aggro and staying alive. If you have the money for it you can have an axe and shield and sword for when you tank but it can get costly. T3 scrolls help out as well which can give nice defence if you don't mind spending money.

I'm not too sure how I'll fair against higher level bosses though but for now I tank better than a lot of pure end builds and im str/end.

So yes you can tank with an axe but it is more effective with a shield and sword if you're going to plan on being a tank most of the time i advise you switch to shield and sword however if you will be soloing alot or planning on doing pvp every now and then keep an axe. Hope I could be some help.

---L did you know---
--Shinigami's eat apples?--
-Do shinigami's exist?-
Closed Thread