Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
ankitsoodu
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Sankit
Current Level: 31
Server: Apoline
ankitsoodu is on a distinguished road
Help With Mage Build + Empowerments

I'm having alot of trouble figuring out a good build for my mage, all ive been able to find so far are AoE builds. Can anyone give me a good non-AoE build. Also i dont know what to empower, ive empowered fire blast with dmg increase and the same for magic missile (because I use magic missile 1 for spamming between cooldowns). I've also heard that duration time on lightning bolt adds stun. Help me out please!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
First question. You gonna be soloing alot or are you gonna have a party, just not an AOE party?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 06-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ankitsoodu View Post
I'm having alot of trouble figuring out a good build for my mage, all ive been able to find so far are AoE builds. Can anyone give me a good non-AoE build.
AoE is what Mages are best at. Anyway full-INT if you want immediate benefits, 25SPR rest INT if you're looking to wait for end-game. Also take into account whether you want to be a 'Nuker' or 'Demolisher.' 'Nukers' annihilate for high burst damage at high SP-cost. 'Demolishers' do the same but for less SP cost and over a loner period of time.

Also i dont know what to empower, ive empowered fire blast with dmg increase and the same for magic missile (because I use magic missile 1 for spamming between cooldowns).
Damage on MM is wasted. Put it on damage of your Fire spells, cool-down of AoEs and of Chain-Cast.

I've also heard that duration time on lightning bolt adds stun. Help me out please!
False.

Last edited by Ivramire; 06-26-2008 at 07:24 PM..
Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
ankitsoodu
Mushroom

to answer the first question, i both solo and party so im a bit confused on what to do there but i think ill go with the 25 spr and rest int build for that cuz so far its working really well.

for empowerments, should i start decreasing cooldown on MM and fire blast even though ive already added dmg or should i just decrease sp on my other spells?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 AM   #5
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
What level range are you in?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:51 AM   #6
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
to answer the first question, i both solo and party so im a bit confused on what to do there but i think ill go with the 25 spr and rest int build for that cuz so far its working really well.

for empowerments, should i start decreasing cooldown on MM and fire blast even though ive already added dmg or should i just decrease sp on my other spells?
with my mage, between yaknow, 1~25 or so, go with cooldown for a bunch of your skills. MM only need maybe 1 or 2 cooldown points, since its cooldown is already fast. For all of the others, just try 2~4 cooldown point if you can. For a build, mine's pure INT with a few end/int gears. as long as you have a lot of hp pots and stones/ or of course a good healer, you should be O.K.

btw, if you think you have enough cooldown for your skills, be sure to add damage. but i warn you- be sure to put enough cooldown in.. my first mage had almost all power, with a lil bit of cooldown.. >< i can barely use that mage anymore! ><
>< hope that kind of helps..

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)

Last edited by cillia; 06-28-2008 at 03:53 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 04:51 AM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Statistically, endgame full INT still has an overall higher damage ratio. Excel never lies, after all.

The majority of the forerunners (true pro mages?) used full INT. I personally endorse it myself as well.

As for skill empowerments, once you near level 60, you technically don't need to spam MM as much anymore, because you'll have eight 5-15 second cooldown spells to work with. As a result, I recommend:

Magic Blast: 5 points to power.
Fire Ball: 5 points to power.
Fear: 5 points to duration.
Inferno: 5 points to cooldown.

If PvP-orientation is considered as well:

Chain Casting: 5 points to cooldown.
Stifle: 5 points to duration.

Those seem to be the most useful empowerments; all other empowerments are optional and may be configured to the user's play style.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 AM   #8
ankitsoodu
Mushroom

that was really helpful triumph and cilla but since i dont get spells like fear and inferno till later (I am only lvl 30) should i put my points into cooldowns for all spells, i think that would prolly help me cuz in the long run, id be doing more dmg in a shorter amount of time
Old 07-27-2008, 05:15 AM   #9
jiggles
Slime

jiggles is on a distinguished road
that was really helpful triumph and cilla but since i dont get spells like fear and inferno till later (I am only lvl 30) should i put my points into cooldowns for all spells, i think that would prolly help me cuz in the long run, id be doing more dmg in a shorter amount of time
Magic Blast: 5 points to power.
Fire Ball: 5 points to power.
Fear: 5 points to duration.
Inferno: 5 points to cooldown.

do u mean magic misslie and fire bolt ??

woops... didn't mean to qoute that message from ankitsoodu xD

meant to quote from Triumph

Last edited by Loveless; 07-27-2008 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: Use the edit button
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
somedumbfool
Slime

somedumbfool is on a distinguished road
yea Triumph just double checking...

Magic Blast = Magic Burst and Fire Ball = Fire Bolt right?
Closed Thread