Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Arcaeix
Slime

In-Game Name: Arcaeix
Current Level: 37
Server: Teva
Arcaeix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arcaeix Send a message via Yahoo to Arcaeix
Restart...?

My main is a level 37 mage, but im considering starting over..
I joined Fiesta about 3 months ago, and my main (mage) was my first character, and accordingly i noobed with it.
The build is messed up, its got about 12 points scattered through STR, END and DEX.

And while it is possible to get a stat reset scroll from the fiesta store, I'm a perpetual froob from bad experiences buying things like that online in the past.
Now that I have decent experience with how the game works, im thinking of restarting the character, or maybe just getting a different main and keep the existing one for its production skills/fame. (that, and im an admin in my guild :P )

so What do you advise doing?
If I fixed the stat build, i'd have 8 reset points wasted.
but if I killed the character, i'd have wasted some 200+ silver on buying all my cool spells and armor and such. D:

or mayhaps I should just stop whining about it and live with the fact that im still a noob at heart :P

Any input from you's guys?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
If you have that much invested in her and you have the means to do it, I would simply buy the stat reset. You can always keep the ones that you don't use in case you accidently click a wrong button one day and need to undo something.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
I'm tempted to restat too... my first main was an archer and I definitely wasted some points on her.

Do the reset scrolls work for the spell skills too?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
No. it is my understanding that they will be coming out with a skill empowerment reset. But, as of yet, it is not out.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Buy two sets of resets, save the unused resets in case you misclick.

If you want an economical analysis...

200s is roughly $7 USD from gold sellers, assuming people stoop that low...

It's slightly, and I mean slightly, over $10 to reset. But you save yourself a few days of leveling back to your original level.

This is assuming you're happy with your skill empowerments. If you are only mildly dissatisfied, hold out for a little longer until resets are released.

If you really don't like your skill empowerments, restart.

Make sure to move all your equipment into storage, and NPC the ones you can't. (i.e. Hobbies)
Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 AM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Keep your mage, start another, and see if someone could maybe powerlevel you, give you a boost so you can get back to where you were. And remember INT and SPR dear =D
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
Citto
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Citto
Current Level: 30
Citto is on a distinguished road
That happened to me too! I got a mage to lvl 26 with a build equal or worse than yours, but i decided to start over... And that's what i think you should too, cause you have loads of experience and your new character would be freaking fantabuliffic!! But dont powerlvl, cause that'll cause you to lose interest and you'll have like 50 quests waiting for you.. it's a pain

/Citto the wise
Closed Thread