Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
zakpat84
Little Hob

In-Game Name: " "
Current Level: around 40+-
Server: Teva
zakpat84 is on a distinguished road
Sellin buffs?

yesterday a cleric after bein hassled for buffs in roumen offered to buff for 50copper. Is this right or appropriate? give some reasoning cause i personally think its ok.

50 copper is practically nothing and to buy scrolls that offer the same benefits is at 5 tyms that.(mentality n vitality)

is this an untapped market lol . it would be cool to make a little change on the side, some clerics even offer buffs to those who make them master cause u get a few coppers every once in a while.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
clerics would get tied up even more,trading with everyone. i would just look for someone that didnt charge. anyway doesnt take that long too buff,like in other games

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Well, nothing wrong with what the cleric's doing, but it wouldn't work unless every cleric agreed to do that, because of the reason Zwivix mentioned.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 12-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
If the cleric can actually get people to pay for it then they can at least buy the stones to replace SP, but I personally would not charge people on my cleric and I seriously doubt I would pay a cleric to buff me, and not just because I wouldn't charge, but because I already have a hard time letting go of money just to but armor & weapons - I usually keep hoping for a free drop regardless of stats - free is always good.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 12-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Deoial
Crab

In-Game Name: Deoial
Current Level: 4x
Server: Epith
Deoial is on a distinguished road
my cleric is only one level from buffing and long before i got there i made a decision that if someone asked me nicly for a buff they get it

(this is of course after the insane buff party after i first get it where everything in sights getting buffed)

and if they were rude about it i would ask for between 1 silver and 100 copper depending on how rude they are about it

so i see nothing wrong with asking for a lil loot, honestly dosnt it bother you when people spam 'buff buff buff now buff now NOW" AAAAARRRRG *STAB WITH POINTY SIDE OF HAMMER**runs away from bloody nub corpse all stealthy*

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #6
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
I remember I tried to pay people for revive. 200c per revive.

If they agree that first I revive, then they pay for revive, then I will actually revive them.

But most of them either get revived and run away, or just don't take the revive...

I've gotten.........0 coppers from reviving...

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah revive doesnt work as well, coz... u need to revive them first before you can trade them..

but buff.. u can get the money first then buff...

but i thought most clerics dont buff coz its a hassle, more than its an SP consumption.. (it is too, but not as much)

trading and trying to get 50c out of people.. just sounds like so much trouble to me...

but i wouldnt say its wrong for a cleric to charge for buff.. afterall, it's their skill

(this only applies to random buff, in parties / KQs, if someone try to sell their buff I'll rip their head off)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
I think the charge should be buy the Tier of the buff. I'd pay for one as long as I get it and you don't run off with my silver.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 12-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
Ninja_Medic
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Ninja_Medic & Tomoshibi
Current Level: 8x on both. :P
Server: Apoline FTW!
Ninja_Medic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Medic
to be quite honest

i have never seen any cleric ask for money for a buff

being a cleric myself, i NEVA will ask for money

its like an 8th of the sp bar (on meh) for hp and sp, immune and heal.

idk y ppl would charge anyway

to get money for stones u say, well drops from monster will pay for that

i have never had any trouble with buying stones, i always have enough $$ to do that.

Ninja_Medic- Level 8x Paladin
Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
Doylen thought about charging for buffs early on but then thought that that was akin to prositution and she did not want to be a hooker.

She never asked for a buff as she leveled and yet recived so many she now feels an obligation to do ramdom buffs. She loves to go to Roumin and lay her t4 buff on the low levels there, sometimes quadtripling their hp/sp.

At level 47 50c is chump change and not worth the time to converse and trade. Also, there are so many who like Doylen, will give it away. If you request a fee they may very well just go some where else.
Closed Thread