Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #51
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough

yeah I done. gonna go inactive here after today. I left a separate good bye post.

And thank you :P Real life is great, i'll try to enjoy it a little extra for j00
Old 09-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #52
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Just my two-cents
Meteo, I hate to see you leave . I hate not seeing some of the other names that are now gone also. As Southern_Majesty said, I joined because it was you. I will miss you. You rocked at helping me level up a little - scared me a lot , but rocked none-the-less! I'm now L28 working on 29. Please feel free to add me back on friends if you want someone to party with if you get to jump on for occasional game-play. I hope I never put any undue pressure on you to do or be more than you were seeking from the game-play time.

To all other Guild members reading here:

As Southern_Majesty said, there has been more than once that I asked for help or info on guild chat and was either ignored or blown off. I expressed dissatisfaction to Southern_Majesty about it several days ago.

I joined because it was Meteo who invited me and I thought a guild was more of a group of friends who helped each other through this game. I'm not sure what the "disgruntled" issue was for Meteo, however, I will say this: IMHO, for the short time I have been a member of this guild the general camaraderie of the guild seems to have always been lacking.

Today I received my only offer of assistance from a guild member other than Meteo – and he had just joined the guild and was in the same KQ with me. If this guild wants to retain members and stay viable then everyone needs to be there to help each other and assist when possible.

I also have concerns about this guild being for sell. I’m not looking to buy it, but if it is up for sell then that indicates the current Guild Master may not be very committed to the Guild. That too can affect the general disposition of the guild and guild members.

Just my two-cents.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #53
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Peace dude, it's been good.

Sorry I didn't get to say bye earlier, I was at tennis... X_X
Old 09-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #54
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
I should probably leave this issue be, since I already left the guild, but I feel I need to respond to Lady_Loki, since she felt the need to bring this matter up.

You're right, you did join because Meteo invited you. You can't have expected the rest of us to know you any better than you knew us. Instead of getting things going between unknown people by chatting, I saw you ask questions regarding skills and for help with "leveling up fast", which I can only imagine means powerleveling. You already have a constant grinding partner in Southern_Majesty / Spirit_Of_Fire, and most of us got where we are with alot of soloing.

So if a lack of sympathy for p-leveling is indeed lack of camaraderie, then that's what the guild lacked.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:53 PM   #55
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
I should probably leave this issue be, since I already left the guild, but I feel I need to respond to Lady_Loki, since she felt the need to bring this matter up.

You're right, you did join because Meteo invited you. You can't have expected the rest of us to know you any better than you knew us. Instead of getting things going between unknown people by chatting, I saw you ask questions regarding skills and for help with "leveling up fast", which I can only imagine means powerleveling. You already have a constant grinding partner in Southern_Majesty / Spirit_Of_Fire, and most of us got where we are with alot of soloing.

So if a lack of sympathy for p-leveling is indeed lack of camaraderie, then that's what the guild lacked.
We weren't asking for pleveling, we were asking for help per our understanding of a conversation with Meteo. Meteo, when he first invited us to join, made the comment to us that he preferred we be level 30 or above, and since we were so close that we could get some help from people within the guild. We weren't expecting anyone to jump and help us. We tried to ask at several different attempts and was ignored or turned down on every attempt. But the instance the Lady_Loki is referring to is when she saw someone from the guild, in the guild chat say something about getting a party together and going to CP. She asked if she could join and was told she could get her own party together and go. Not is those exact words, but very close.

Sorry you took offense to our comments about problems we have had with the guild. We were just trying to bring some things to light that might help to make us a better guild in the future.
Today, Loki and I asked a person we never met, talked to, or even heard of to party with us in Moonlight Tomb, simply because she was a guild member. I always thought that guilds were about: creating new freindships, helping others out, and knowing that you always had someone to go to with questions or advice. At least that was what Meteo told me in is e-mail to me back in CB. My mistake, sorry.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #56
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Hope for the Guild
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post

No, I didn’t expect those already in the guild to know me any better than I knew them, but coming in new I expected more friendship to be extended to the newcomers.

BTW, the two instances you reference were both initiated by me. Not once in the many times I logged in did any members online initiate any contact with me.

I did ask questions – that’s how you learn new things. I asked how others leveled up so quick. The response ”plvl”. I asked for that to be explained.

I asked you [directly] if the restore skill was worth the silver and you said in your opinion yes. I thanked you and said I would get it then.

Not once or twice but several times Spirit or I would throw out a simple “We are going to Burning Hill, anyone wanna go with us?” On one occasion there was a response that the level restriction prevented those higher levels from going, but generally our comment went unacknowledged.

This week there was guild chat about doing a cplvl party. I stated that we were trying to get leveled up to the guild preference of 30 and asked if I could cplvl too. The response was “sure, get a party and go”. Pretty much made me feel like an outsider and not really part of the guild.

If I have the whole concept of why people are part of a guild confused; then my mistake, I apologize. But if my understanding that a guild was a group who would work together and help each other out, then I am fully justified in feeling that something was missing.

Just today I had someone tell me that this guild is pretty much dead so as S_M said, we would like to bring some things to light that might help to make us a better guild in the future. Hopefully the remaining guild members will read this as constructive and not as derogatory.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 09-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #57
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Well there's been a mistake on my part as well then. I apologize as well about what I said regarding powerleveling.

That whole issue has nothing to do with why YC went down though, and so it changes very little. :/ Sad that it happened but I guess you never know if something is going to work unless you try first.

Good luck to everybody who was in YC, whatever they may decide upon now.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #58
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
Sorry I'm a bit late here - not much to say at this point, I guess, except thank you to the Old Yellow Cake members, and especially Meteo, for the guild experience. There are a lot of names that I'll miss seeing in green. =( I wish you all best of luck both in Isya and in real life.

-Lafieru
Old 10-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #59
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

Just to make a note:

The YellowCake guild currently active in Teva has no longer anything to do with the old guild. All old members have been expelled since Meteo's leave, after another person took control of the guild.

For this reason I thought maybe this thread could be locked. The new people responsible for YC can make their own thread, should they even be active at FF.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #60
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
I agree . . . could a mod close this please?

TY in advance
Closed Thread