Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #31
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough

Can I please get this moved to General?.....
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #32
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Moved as requested, as long as it's not spammed up.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 AM   #33
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I totally agree. How the hell do bots even get to Uruga without being detected?

I've heard of people buying "gold", and was even accused of doing it myself. I went farming, them showed 200s to someone who was supposedly a friend, then mocked a noob (grammar of the lazy people who buy gold) "ya iZ jus bye teh gold form sites they wrok!!!1!". I guess some people can't take a joke. And I guess some people have to tell everyone they know that I did.
That might have seemed the only way possible, since a lot of people didn't go to Uruga in CB. Whatever.

/rant
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #34
Whudafux
Smart Phino

In-Game Name: --
Current Level: --
Whudafux is on a distinguished road
money plis hypar. :3
Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #35
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Whudafux View Post
money plis hypar. :3
LOL Someone didn't read that. xD

I have 9s and ~360c... How about I plvl you? xD
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #36
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Well, you have to keep in mind that though Fiesta and Bright Kingdom is the same game Bright Kingdom has had two years of experience. Therefore the contents of Fiesta will be far less than that of Bright Kingdom. But with that being said the level of customer service is intolerable. I've recently visited the Outspark site and I see in the Announcements (at the front page) a thread that is 2 months old popping up. Another time I even saw something from September there as well.

Someone (was it Hessah) said something about promising compensation and then Outspark deleted that thread. That is just wrong, you're not a politician so do what you say you will. I have used the Cash Shop as well and I wish I had spent those dollars better now when I see how horrid things are in and out of game. And I bet you that if you started a thread like this in the official forums the GMs will just turn a blind eye... let the CL deal with it.

Another picky topic about character balance. I can see how it's a tricky situation but to ask for opinions about it in the general forums is much too chaotic. Everyone is going to say their class is underpowered or another class is overpowered. But why the heck are they asking the people now when the problems listed in their polls have, in fact, been addressed more than enough times (some just a rant) on the forums. Instead of dragging on the process they should just set up a schedule and work on an actual timeline to bring players what they need most to enjoy the game. They need to show the public at least a vague outline of what they will be working on throughout the year... a list. They don't even give out what they fix in detail... or even fix what they say they would.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #37
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Bright Kingdom might have 2 years experience

But its been around 25% of that 2 years atm...and looking at the current status with all the bugs bots, game play problems, i would find it a stretch to say we have 10% the gaming experience they have in BK
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #38
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
They probably didn't have all of that stuff developed when they released the game in Korea, but then kept developing as the game went on. That doesn't mean it should be the same for us.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #39
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
I expect I'll get lots of tl;dr after this, but whatever:

<Wall of Text>

Note: See bottom of post if you're that lazy.

First of all, I'll hit on the bots. The high leveled community (myself included) does not feel the presence of bots at all. There are none in Uruga, Forest of Slumber, Concealed Prison, Ancient Elven Woods, whichever map you choose. I'm aware that there are floods of bots, myself encountering no less than twenty in Sea of Greed when playing on an alt. However, it kills the game for newcomers and low leveled players, which means that eventually, like stated, Fiesta will fall.

Secondly, gold sellers. RMTs, as they are commonly known, are annoying for those who work hard for their gold. The figures aren't quite correct here, it's around $3 USD for 100s, and $30 USD for one gold. Can they be assed to do it and check? No, that's "grunt" work, and GMs are far above such "grunt" work. Not much more I can say here, let's move on.

Thirdly, the lack of new players is largely due to the absence of caring GMs, CMs, or CSRs. Don't give me some bullshit answer that they are active; they aren't. Simple as that. I was a Closed Beta 1 tester, and Bla~ahs was too. I'm sure she can confirm that Outspark staff are about 1/100 as active as they were during testing. I understand that they have other pressing concerns, but I highly doubt it's necessary to remain in invisible mode the whole time. Break, Guntrix, dschang, Kezzerdrix and the old crew are rarely seen, if at all, by Fiesta players. Kezzerdrix left Outspark, that's understandable. Break posts more frequently in Technical Support and Secret of the Solstice, Guntrix is gone too, and dschang never posts anywhere.

Some of you may argue that Jagex Ltd, the creator of Runescape, is active.

They're not, see below.

Q: "Jagex is active! They ban bots daily!" How can you say that?
A: Jagex only talks to those "chosen" few, their Player Moderators. Yes, they give constructive feedback to them, but only them. They have secret meetings that only Player Moderators can attend, and if partycrashers show up, they get teleported somewhere else. These secret meetings are called "surgeries." Bet you didn't know that, did ya?

How do I know this?

Once upon a time, I was a Runescape nerd, and yes, I was a Player Moderator. One of the first 200, if I recall correctly.

Fourthly, all companies have that drive. I'll use numerous examples to prove my point. The game many find pathetic that people play, Runescape, was run by one of such companies, which is named Jagex. In an effort to "protect" their users from RMTs, Jagex created a trade limit. In short, players were not allowed to trade if one trader's offer differed by a value 30k gold of the other's offer. The limit of 30k is the equivalent of 3s in terms of Fiesta currency.

That sounds confusing, so I'll redefine into Fiesta terms.

Assume a +9 weapon is valued at 900s. However, the NPC value is worth 30s. Thus, you would only be able to purchase it from a price range of 27s-33s.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it? They implicated it anyways.

Another is ijji. For those of you from MAIET Entertainment, aka GunZ: The Duel, the GunZ service was once upon a time good. Then they signed a contract with ijji to host. Now, ijji plays a tune very similar to Outspark: if you want to make your life easier, spend about $100 USD and you're set for a year. Armor sets are roughly $10 USD for 3 months, and if you factor premium meds, there's an additional $5 USD you spend for 12 months. Also, the best shotgun in the game is worth $12 a year, and in a game where just about everyone uses shotguns, many people buy this. So basically, your yearly payout comes down to the following:

4($10) + 12($5) + ($12) = $112 USD. I was optimistic, I guessed less.

If you stay around that long, you pay another $112 USD, and so on. They don't care if you quit, they've made your money already.

Conclusion for the lazy people:

1) Bots running around unchecked gradually decreases the new gaming population. Does Outspark seem to care? Not really. They have "better" things to do than merely "banning" bots.

2) Outspark bans RMT trading, but they can't be assed to do "grunt" work, which involves running around in the three servers banning gold spammers, and can't be assed to check IPs for those people who suddenly gain gold with no apparent work.

3) Outspark staff inactivity is as low of that of Jagex, ijji, Nexon, Gala-Net, or whatever company you pick. It's inevitable, just hope that Outspark doesn't develop their present illness into a disease.

4) Money makes the world turn around. Fact of life. Outspark has to make money somehow. Notice the ads? Or how much a mount costs? It may not seem like much, but you pay $6.54 for a raccoon a month.

No, I'm not encouraging a boycott, or trying to be a martyr, or being a badass, or trying to force my opinion upon you. I'm laying the statistics out for you, and I'll let you judge and make your own opinions. Yes, there will be biased comments in there; it doesn't matter what you read, you'll end up with biased comments from the author.

</Wall of Text> <run flamingcomments.exe> <run flameshield.exe> <run tl;dr>
Old 01-15-2008, 01:36 AM   #40
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
i think Jap/Korea/HK companies are more serious about their business than western countries... like my aunt (in HK) said that she got told off for not responding to an email in 5 mins.... where as fos us Aussies here its "you will hear from us in 48 hrs" and still nothing happens...

Its a bit about wat's "acceptable"...

if BK stuffed up and they dont attend to it... Jap ppl have so many other options, they'll just go play on a different game... where as the impression i've got from Outspark is that their GM are a bit half-ass about things and nothing happens....

i wish we can MAKE something happen... but i really dont hv a clue now.. all we can do is spam up their PM box but they might just end up ignoring us...

but in the end.. apart from the server downs.... my gaming experience is still quite good... its not perfect and they've got HEAPS of room to improve...

but its not so bad that u cant play happily....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread