Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #11
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

"Outspark" still technically exists, it's just now Gamigo US San Francisco. The companies merged. So if you have sparkcash, it's still there, it just transferred to the Gamigo equivalent. Same with your account, items, etc. And any money Outspark has been making as of late is likely already going to Gamigo.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #12
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
It feels more than a bit weird. Despite the fact that not many of us play Fiesta regularly any more, it's the end of the company that brought most of us together, and I don't feel sorry for them.
lol
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #13
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Ah, but the item I was talking about was for Luvinia, which is no longer available to play.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
UASHuifdAHSifugAIPsugfas

My reaction to Luvinia being shut down ..
The game seemed to have a large enough population
to keep it going .. guess not though.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
If anyone still plays Fiesta, let me know if you will have to transfer or patch the game. I know there are some differences in the US and EU Fiesta, such as names of mobs and such. If all of the names from US Fiesta are gone, the wiki may have to be updated.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #16
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
it sounds like it's not a merge of server.. coz otherwise you'll have people with same character names...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #17
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yeah it sounds like it won't be changing much... just company name. I was told they're still in the same building, same people, just no longer going by "Outspark".
Old 02-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #18
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
No need for any transfer, just need to patch your launcher. Fiesta US is going to remain a separate entity from Fiesta EU with slightly different game mechanics and content. The game actually still says "Outspark" on the server selection screen.

As for the staff, from the forums, most people think that the GMs and technical staff are still the same while all the CSRs have been changed or something. Or that might just be what they were hoping for haha.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
Andromeda
Spider Pig

http://news.priorsmart.com/parallel-...outspark-l7zX/

Quote:
It would appear that Outspark was sued on February 1st for using a patented method for caching data between users, the server, and the users ISP on their servers. Upon being sued, they realized that they could possibly lose a lot of money as well as other things (servers, data.. etc..) and decided to sell out what they had to Gamigo, a foreign company, which would not be affected by U.S. laws. Whether or not Outspark was guilty of the offense seems quite debatable to me however, it is what it is. After researching a bit, it seems this company (SharedParallel Networks) is a very sue happy company that grasps at whatever straws they can get (Just Google the company's name and you will understand what I mean by 'sue happy'...). So, did Outspark do the right thing? For those of you that play Fiesta I think you should be grateful for them selling their license to Gamigo. It was quite a wise decision on their part. They saved our precious NA Fiesta Server data (i.e, your hard work and money..), pocketed some money, and destroyed any such evidence that could possibly be found to convict them guilty of breaking the patent. As much as we'd love to say Outspark didn't care, facts show otherwise guys. If they didn't care they could have let the game go under, but instead they did what they could to keep the game alive.
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #20
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
dun dun dun.... the plot thickens..

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote