Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
ydnardo
Hero Slime

ydnardo is on a distinguished road
Can't recieve party invites, can't see /w's and more

This is copied from my thread in the official Tech Forums:

"My ability to see my outgoing /w's and see incoming /w's ended 3-4 days before the end of cb2 (I was not lucky enough for cb1 ). I still cannot see outgoing nor incomming /w's. I wiped out old client and reinstalled fresh.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks in advance,

Ydnardo" . . 0 replies as of now

And just found out that I'm not able to recieve friend invites.
I've checked all me game settings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I'd like to think about and have also sent email to support . . . nada.

Also, then typing in the chatbox, after 58 character, all my test drops just below the entry field and changes to some blurry font that I can't read.

All this has been going on since 3 days b4 cb2 ended. Just found out about the Party Invite problem tonight.

Thanks in advance

Ydnardo
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I really have no idea but when someone tries and whisper you, does it say that there's an error or anything for the other person when they try to whisper you? Or does their message to you pop up on their screen?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
ydnardo
Hero Slime

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I really have no idea but when someone tries and whisper you, does it say that there's an error or anything for the other person when they try to whisper you? Or does their message to you pop up on their screen?

There is absolutley no system message for /w . . I should add that I CAN send /w's but cannot see them in my chat box whether i've sent or received them. My /w's are received and is confirmed.

As far as the party invite issue, I don't know know what message people are getting. I will test that tomorrow.

and of course there is the chat entry thing. Going to search some more on the FO's Official forums about that.

What I really want to know is if this is something I should add into the Bug forums as well. I hesitated to cuz I didn't want to be one to help clutter with incorrectly placed threads.

Oh, and BTW Blaaaaaaaah, TY Your the only one (actually now 2nd) whose deigned to even attempt to hear/discuss/fix this/these issues since they arose in cb2.

/salute

Ydnardo
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Ah I see. And the tech people still haven't replied to you after you've sent an email to them?

I'm pretty sure you've already checked this but you didn't somehow turn off whispers, right?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
ydnardo
Hero Slime

LOL.

Yea, I never changed my settings once I started the cb2 and OB.

2 days since I started my thread in Official Tech forums and sent email to support. Not even automated response. Requested my thread moved to bug forums. I'll just post it there myself if it doesn't happen.

I don't know about most ppl, but I also use beta's as a way to termine if I'm going to play a game after it releases. Part of my determination process is to see what their Customer Service is like . . .. not looking good soo far. I've BT'd a lot of games and have not played a few I really liked cuz of these kind of issues....I can handle game buggyness. I still have some patience left though
Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
that sounds like ure account is bugged in the server database. Such bugs cant be fixed by regular gms. Such bugs must be fixed from someone who has experience in the database layout, in other words a dev. So show some patience .

But let me make a guess:
It looks like the reason for ure bug is that the server cant find ure charakter, All the thinks u descripted are user actions where ure charakter is envoled. When u wrte a regular chat message u cant see it ureself but everyone around u? If u ask me the bug could be that ure charakter has some irregularity like a name with strange charakters. The best way to fix the bug ureself should be: Create a new Account, and a new Charakter on the new Account. If these doesnt help ure internet connection could be the problem, but i doubt it is.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
This same thing happened to me - double check the settings on the right panel under Game Settings. They should all be OFF - turned on means that those items (whispers, chat requests, etc) will be filtered. I don't know how mine got turned OFF for me, but maybe the same thing happened to you.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 PM   #8
ydnardo
Hero Slime

Originally Posted by Lafieru View Post
This same thing happened to me - double check the settings on the right panel under Game Settings. They should all be OFF - turned on means that those items (whispers, chat requests, etc) will be filtered. I don't know how mine got turned OFF for me, but maybe the same thing happened to you.
OMG, I feel like such a noob. I assumed that since the other settings, ie: character name, mob names, seeing SP and HP over your head . . were turn on to activate them, the same would be for the chat options. I will see if this works.

ty ty

ok, I'm officially a NOOB of the highest tier.

i'm going to go hide in a corner now

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 09-01-2007 at 01:20 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 01:21 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Merged your posts, no double posting here.

Well I'm glad you managed to sort out your problem after all this time! It's okay, everyone's a nub every now and then. xD