Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #31
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iDerrick View Post
If you can't rely on your friends, talk to your school advisors or campus security (if you have any of those). Your school counselors aren't only there to help you with your grades. You can talk to them about anything like your life or how to make spaghetti. Whatever you say to them is kept within a student/counselor confidentiality agreement also. If the counselor knows you need help, they will see to it that you do get your help and your bully will get what he deserves.
meh... it doesnt hurt much psychologically. i take solace in the fact that they only make fun of me because they're not satisfied with something in their own life or they're just immature. once again, it's more the human condition question that scares me... WHY people have to do this, and can't just try to be better than whoever or whatever their own tormentor is. anyway, thanks for your help you guys. it reaffirms my position that they're just a bunch of jerks. however, im gonna stick with my philosophy of attempting to be peaceful.

thanks again!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:26 AM   #32
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Who says my ways aren't peaceful? If you continue to let them bully you around, just as Hraes said, you're going to turn into a ticking time bomb and pull a 2009 columbine massacre (no offense). Just tell your school counselor and I'm sure they'll tell the administration or something. If you dont want to go that way, ask your parent's what they would do and they might help you think of a way to deal with it.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #33
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by iDerrick View Post
Who says my ways aren't peaceful? If you continue to let them bully you around, just as Hraes said, you're going to turn into a ticking time bomb and pull a 2009 columbine massacre (no offense). Just tell your school counselor and I'm sure they'll tell the administration or something. If you dont want to go that way, ask your parent's what they would do and they might help you think of a way to deal with it.
no, not your ways, but some of the earlier posts... and no, i stated before, i wouldnt do anything like columbine. and i've talked to people. im fine, trust me, im not that kind of person... i honestly dont care what they say. all that was really confusing me was the reasoning behind it. but i think i have a better understanding of it. i talked to my parents about it, and they dealt with it accordingly by contacting the teacher in the period.

but seriously, don't worry about me being a timebomb. i get bullied, but i'm not that kinda person. i know that kinda thing is never the situation. i have plenty of things to live for. Music, my girlfriend, my family... i'm happy in life. and i usually get over it within a few minutes or so after it happens. i thought it was a worthy discussion to have.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #34
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
yep. they've given me the same basic advice as everyone here... use a snappy come back, etc. etc... i got my locker moved away from the guy who was pushing me around, but i still get made fun of.

i think it wouldnt bother me as much if i understood why they can't just go away and let me be.
I don't think you have to do any of those things. In fact, I think that just makes it worse. What they want is the satisfaction of a response.

The best thing you can do is to ignore them.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #35
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
The best thing you can do is to ignore them.
This often works wonders.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 02-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #36
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
It almost sounds as if you are looking for the meaning of life here.

Honestly, I suspect you have read the Bible, think about it - there were people who were bullies even in biblical times. They were around when I was a kid and they are still around today. It is the nature of the human race.

Prepare yourself, even as an adult you will find a comparable in the work environment - those people who, while they can't push your face into the water at the drinking fountain, can and will exaggerate (some will outright lie) issues to make you look bad in an attempt to make themselves look better.

Best course of action is to avoid them all as much as possible and (as lightningmystix suggested) excel in all your endeavors as much as possible and you can and will be a better person than they are throughout life.

I am not going to say use words or physical actions. You could try fists or words, but in the end, they don't go away. Just accept that they have always been around and always will be around and avoidance is the easiest road. If there is a particular situation or person who poses a dangerous physical threat, then you need to involve your parents and the school officials.

And for the record, I have addressed these situations with all three, fists, words and avoidance. I used fists 15%, words 50% & avoidance 35% (these are just rough estimates). Sometimes they are just hard to avoid.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #37
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
It almost sounds as if you are looking for the meaning of life here.

Honestly, I suspect you have read the Bible, think about it - there were people who were bullies even in biblical times. They were around when I was a kid and they are still around today. It is the nature of the human race.

Prepare yourself, even as an adult you will find a comparable in the work environment - those people who, while they can't push your face into the water at the drinking fountain, can and will exaggerate (some will outright lie) issues to make you look bad in an attempt to make themselves look better.

Best course of action is to avoid them all as much as possible and (as lightningmystix suggested) excel in all your endeavors as much as possible and you can and will be a better person than they are throughout life.

I am not going to say use words or physical actions. You could try fists or words, but in the end, they don't go away. Just accept that they have always been around and always will be around and avoidance is the easiest road. If there is a particular situation or person who poses a dangerous physical threat, then you need to involve your parents and the school officials.

And for the record, I have addressed these situations with all three, fists, words and avoidance. I used fists 15%, words 50% & avoidance 35% (these are just rough estimates). Sometimes they are just hard to avoid.

good point. i refuse to use fists, but if i could make a comeback fast enough i would. i think i'll attempt the ignoring strategy.

and as for danger, it's nothing like that, im not getting beaten up all the time, just pushed around sometimes and made fun of alot.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #38
ClericalMakey
Mushroom

In-Game Name: ClericalMakey
Current Level: lvl 88
Server: Apoline
ClericalMakey is on a distinguished road
theres mean ppl all over the place , i have a 13 yr old son that plays this game thats been bulled luckly iam a high enough lvl to kill the bullies but its not the right way and outsparks dont seem to understand or deal with this issue.Just remember ur a better person and buy teva
Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #39
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
This isn't about bullying in Fiesta. This is about bullying in real life.

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #40
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Don't forget karma!

I remember in Middle school, there was this one chick, ugh, she was a b*tch. No other way to describe her, thats how she was. She thought she was better than everyone, and if you bumped into her in the hall, it was you who should have been watching where she was walking. She once got into a fight with a girl over that x.x the girl didn't just take it though, the girl yelled at her right back, and yeah, it got physical. Anywho....

That girl didn't make it past 10th grade.
Closed Thread