Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road
Viva Fiesta [BETA]

Hi all.
I'm sorry to the admins, if this advertising of any kind, and if it is, you may edit, delete and abuse this thread.

To the topic.
Me and a few friends have decided, during our boring 80s, to open up a final release for a gamigo Fansite. The project is called Viva Fiesta, and up untill noew only has a selected number of beta-users and wiki/forums.

The english side is thriving as it is. But since gamigo has multiple languages (just released french), the project is to be translated into the many languages.

My only problem is that I cant speak either Spanish or French. So what am I looking for?
First of all, I would like a tranlator, to do all the work for me. This would basically only be the main pages of the Wiki, and some forum things.
Secondly, I would need someone who could look after the wiki and the forum on the relative sides.

Interested? Reply to this post or send me a PM (preferred). The languages I currently would like would be (in order) :

-French
-Spanish
-Dutch

Before applying :
-Good knoledge in the selected language AND english.
-MSN prefered
-Relyable
-Over the age of 14

Regards,
Dario

Married to my lovely Teruki.

Last edited by xDario; 10-10-2009 at 02:02 PM..
Old 09-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Umm... Can you explain more about this "project?"

And don't worry about the advertising concept, we only kill bots. XD

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
What sort of compensation are we looking at? Or is this a volunteer thing?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
^ Wondering the same.

And how much work would there be involved etc.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
xDario
Angry Wolf

It's a volunteer thing :>.
The project is similar to FiestaFan, with some different projects and aimed to European players - such as different languages.

Sorry if I'm a bit brief here, and not to explanitory, just that quite busy with getting the site up, and lots of other problems/projects. Anyway, I'll try being a bit more clear on this when I next have time - next week.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
I'd be interested in helping, seems like fun Though I don't speak French (okay a little bit) or Spanish. I'd be a Dutch person :3
Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
When I tried the EU fiesta I found that is was relatively deserted. ._. being a Member of the UK myself I do prefer the US version.
I can't really offer much to help you tbh other than making a logo or something... I've grown suprisingly well at that recently.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #8
xDario
Angry Wolf

You could come over and help us with the imagery. In fact, It would relieve me a bit of some work which I dread.
Now, the two main problems with Fiesta EU was that the owner didn’t believe in making it look appealing (yes, Viva Fiesta isn't too much of a eye-candy atm..) without loosing functionality, and he quit the game after finishing university, so the project couldn’t be continued.

Now, with Viva Fiesta, before any proper release, I will make sure it’s available in the official server languages - French, English and German. On top of that, I'll make sure that the wiki DOES have some content to work on (And I can be sure that it is so on the English side. Two very loyal guildies have gone through quite a bit of work to fill the wiki). While FiestaEU was aimed at English players, I’m aiming Viva Fiesta at gamigo players ~ not only in the 3 languages. This is due to the smaller English community, and also a much more open community.

Having been an Admin at FiestaEU from the beginning, and being quite close to the master, I've not only learnt how to run a site, how to get players to use it, but I've also learnt what not to do.

What I've got planned:
Currently, I'm working on an Index page. The layout is like most other sites - Links on the left, content on the right. I've got quite basic photoshop images right now, as I’m just trying to get the site together before making it nice. Currently, the languages it supports are English and German. Once I've done those, I will add my already translated pages of French and Italian. Once the Index page is up, I will be sending the language files to some other translators and try getting it done into Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and more.

The forums and wiki will only support the languages supported by gamigo. It will be useless to get a team together for Russian when there are so little Russian players who will use it.
The Costume Database might have the possibility to be translated, although I doubt it, for the simple reason of how it’s been coded (without translations kept in mind. Not only the PHP but also the SQL).

Finally, once the Index page is complete, I will, with aid of Photoshop and one or two other people make sure that it looks alright to release. This will bring the Open Beta along with it.

The open beta will have the following new things:
-A proper Index page
-Some sort of TS. Not sure yet, as it was another user who gave me the possibility to do this.
-German Wiki will have the Index Page and basic information added
-French Wiki will be created & Wiki will have the Index page added
-German and French sub-forums will be added
-Spanish, Dutch and French will be added as a forum language
-Domain name MIGHT be bought. Being under-age I will have to see who’s credit card I can find.

The Open Beta will last for 1-2 months (Or less, I will have to see if I release a set of things with the Final Release, or just make it look nicer, fix minor bugs and add little things), while I program a Guild System (data is still only a plan and will be kept secret until release) and some other little things.

Regards,
Shade

Old 10-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
xDario
Angry Wolf

Today is the release date to the Open Beta ~
www.vivafiesta.eu

Any suggestions / Questions, feel free to ask me anywhere!

Old 10-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
ooooh~ i liked the costume section got to see somethings that im looking forward to~
<3 phoenix wings <333

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Closed Thread