Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG

^ LOL

Well after harddrive wipe its still fcked :| time for a new pc I guess..
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
That can't be right dude, a format of your hard drive including a re-installation of the OS should repair anything short of hardware damage. Did you wipe all the drives including your C: or wherever your windows is installed?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #13
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Yeah did the full wipe (the destructive one too) and I still have some problems... Like I've had a couple things tell me I don't have permission to do things, as well as I try to download skype and it just won't sign in ... ever. I'll post screenies if you'd be able to try and help more but it seems boned.

Heres what I mean about skype... it doesn't allow me to hit any buttons and I just randomly get a bing noise when I do. I've uninstalled and completely removed it from my computer 3 times as well, so I think it's my comp, not skype.

Last edited by MikeyG; 10-28-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #14
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Hmm.. sorry mate. It seems odd to me but I can't help more without actually being at your PC. Just see if there's any techs in your area before you actually buy a new one. And even then, maybe a new hard disk should be enough, and you won't need to go the whole hog.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Yeah I was gunna try just replacing the hard drive but I think I'm just gunna wait and get a computer around christmas. I need a new rig to play the upcoming starwars games anyways =) haha. Thanks for the help though, really appreciated it.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #16
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
^ LOL

Well after harddrive wipe its still fcked :| time for a new pc I guess..
Are you in possession of the culprit? Knowing what it is will lead to a solution. It seems to fit the symptoms of a rootkit. I had first hand experience with one of these before. It buries itself in the operating system (hence beyond the reach of any anti-malware software in the OS), hides in the boot sector (same machine recovery would not work), persists in the RAM (invincible to soft-restarts), duplicates itself wildly onto any accessible external and networked storage (spread like wildfire...)

Attempts to remedy it without invoking another machine will mostly be in vain. Take the hard drive out and reformat it via Linux or Mac. With the necessary precautions of course. Thoroughly examine all external storage devices that have come in contact with the infected machine too.

3 guesses how I got the rootkit! There's a good lesson to be learned from the experience.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 11-07-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote