Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

Question to Icy & Tri:

Assuming the Mysterious Feather quest is one that you can't even see to start...

Should we remove that quest from Wiki? It's irrelevant and misleading to leave those in there...

Ones that we can start but can't finished should be marked (Bugged), but the "delinked" and "unobtainable" ones (ones that a normal player wouldnt even know it existed)... it doesnt apply to us.... should be left out?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
The current state of the article in concern is the result of multiple users editing it "as they went along".
As I have Yet to put wrong information into the wiki, and I am currently at 80, along with the fact that I have a list of the quests that are listed in the wiki and I can plainly see any discrepancies, and the fact that requests for help editing the wiki have been numerous, I do not see the problem with me changing the things I find wrong.

As a mod of this forum, I am not going to intentionally put misleading information in the wiki. Not only that, but I double-check and recheck my information before putting it in there.

I take pride in this entire forum including the wiki. I have added tons of information so far (all correct) and will continue to do so. You can be assured that anything I change in the wiki will be the correct and most up-to-date information that is available to the area I am changing.

This post is not meant to sound harsh if it does. Please keep that in mind.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
So then Spirit, exactly because of that, I don't ever click on the little (diff) next to every one of your edits.

However, bearing in mind that the wiki is a lossy decentralized input free-for-all a lot of edits are anonymous and remarkless, maintaining the accuracy of information in an article is more difficult than adding. Now, what is the point I was trying to put across.

If you spot a mistake:
1. Should it be minor, correct it
2. If you cannot be entirely sure, make a comment or simply make an edit in good faith
3. Otherwise, leave it be, and comment on it in the Discussion page instead

And for those see-no-touch quests, consider this: there's a lot of information in the wiki that is preemptive. I believe it is enough to make a note about it.

What you will be doing is basically making one verification of the list, and it is not so different from what I suggested. I will also suggest that you place an extra tag, |Date=YYYYMMDD in the list. This won't be displayed, but it allows one to see whether the information may be outdated.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 01-12-2009 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #14
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
I edit based on what I know and have found out. I take no information from anywhere other then the game. I'm more consered with getting all the missing data filled in then keeping the data up-to-date. I do that everytime there is a update to the game. It really does not take much to update new things if you go about it the right way. The hard part is watching all the edits others are making to ensure statablitiy in that.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #15
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Question to Icy & Tri:

Assuming the Mysterious Feather quest is one that you can't even see to start...

Should we remove that quest from Wiki? It's irrelevant and misleading to leave those in there...

Ones that we can start but can't finished should be marked (Bugged), but the "delinked" and "unobtainable" ones (ones that a normal player wouldnt even know it existed)... it doesnt apply to us.... should be left out?
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
And for those see-no-touch quests, consider this: there's a lot of information in the wiki that is preemptive. I believe it is enough to make a note about it.
Icy got the gist of it. However, I would suggest something like a little bolded "(Bugged)" or "(Unattainable)" or whatever synonymous word the majority decides upon to inform the public of the current status of the quest. Keep it uniform, though. I dunno if Icy hates them, but I didn't mind them.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:12 AM   #16
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I guess Unattainable is better than "subject to change" =D

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #17
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
I would put it as (Unattainable) Name, just add (Unattainable) before you type the name in the quest. That would tell everyone right at the start that they can not obtain the quest.

Example:
{{Quest
|Lv=11
|Name=(Unattainable) The Mini Greenkie
|NPC1=Robin
|Task=Defeat 15 Mini Greenkies
|Exp=216
|Money=90{{c}}
|Fame=8
|Com=Repeatable quest
}}

But this is just my 2 coppers, I'll let Icy or Triumph make the final call on it.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:26 AM   #18
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

I agree with Gandafa's 2 coppers~

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-14-2009, 05:10 AM   #19
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Question: Does the level you receive a particular quest vary from class to class?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 AM   #20
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Question: Does the level you receive a particular quest vary from class to class?
Nope