Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Just call me stupid...

Okay, I am new to this whole gaming thing. I have only played two mmorpgs in my entire life, and those are Toontown (took over that one after my child lost interest) and Fiesta (and that was only for 1 week before they closed CB2). I have never played a fighting game like this one. Hey! But, I rock at all of the Mario games, lol. My child gets mad at me for taking over his video systems, so I had to move on to bigger and better things, hee hee.
With all that said, I am not familiar with a lot of this gaming terminology, so please do not think I am stupid for asking, I just have never heard of a lot of this stuff. Some of it I am figuring out by research, but I thought while I could not play, waiting on OB, that I would learn as much as I could.

What is DPS?
What is grinding?
What is AoE and what is the purpose of it?

I created a Mage as my main character in CB2 and made it to a level 18, and I learned A LOT in just my one week of playing, so please be kind to me in your responses, because I am still learning and this is my first "fighting" game that I have ventured to play. I have read as much as I could, and have looked at just about every post in this forum and others. So, any additional information anyone could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks!!!!

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #2
Kamilah
Bored Imp

Kamilah is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Fiesta! =]

DPS is Damage Per Second.

Grinding is when you non stop level for hrs without taking a break.

AoE is Area of Effect meaning that a skill can hit all monsters in a certain area. Only some skills are AoE.

Edit: Oh I am going to add Kiting as well.
Kiting is usually done by archer, but mages can do it as well. Its when you attack a monster from a distance then when the monster comes near you run back to avoid damage then start shooting again. Kiting is not recommended for Fiesta though since most monster are either the same speed as you or faster.

Last edited by Kamilah; 08-23-2007 at 01:46 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 01:47 AM   #3
chinhchinh
Zombie Master

First of all, welcome to FiestaFan and enjoy your stay here.

Now, for the questions;
What is DPS?
DPS is Damage Per Second, the rate of how much damage you inflict to a certain monster over a period of time, which is seconds. Mages and Archers have the highest DPS in FiestaOnline.

What is grinding?
Grinding is when you train/level hardcore. When you grind, hunger and thirst is disregarded over long periods of time, though I may be exaggerating quite a bit.

What is AoE and what is the purpose of it?
AoE means Area of Effect. AoE skills focus on more than one object/monster, they have an area range where their effect takes place, whether it be damage or a de-buff.

Edit: Was too late. ;3;
Old 08-23-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
Kamilah
Bored Imp

I think you explained them better than me anyway! ^~
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 AM   #5
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Hope you enjoy Fiesta and these forums and enjoy your stay.

Last edited by fullback1719; 08-23-2007 at 02:28 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 03:09 AM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Thanks!!!
That brings up another question..... what is De-buffing?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 AM   #7
Kamilah
Bored Imp

The opposite of buffing. You use them on monsters to decrease their defense/atk/etc depending on the debuff.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:12 AM   #8
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Monsters can also cast them on you.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 AM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
As a side note:

Debuffs can for the most part be dispelled by mages, with the Dispel skill learned at level 25. Higher tier debuffs will not be removed until you upgrade Dispel.

Clerics can cure most bleeding and poison debuffs, unless they are higher tier.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Even though all the questions has been answered, I want to say hi anyway since it's your first thread here. xD How awesome would it be if my mum plays mmorpgs!

Ok sorry back on topic now.