Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Server: Teva
Manzcar has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
Off topic, but this would make a pretty cool debate o:
I'm new to this posting stuff... But if your comment is about the topic, how is it off topic? LOL

LOKI Thanks!!

Last edited by Manzcar; 04-07-2008 at 03:26 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #22
Koki
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: Koki
Current Level: 33
Koki is on a distinguished road
I saw some Dark Robo Earrings in a shop the other day for like 21s :| If I had known they actually go for around 200s, i'd have totally bought them. xD

Don't feel guilty about it, it's the sellers loss and your gain. He should have double checked his shop :P

^Lazy sig is lazy xD^
Old 04-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #23
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
@ Koki
o-o; Really?
- hugs blaaaahs -

@ Manczar

LOL, well, I wasn't really responding to the rest of the comments, just noting it would really make an awesome debate xD

But honestly, while I agree with that it was the seller's mistake to price it like that and not double checked, I would still feel guilty. It doesn't matter that I know it was the other side's fault, I would still feel guilty for what I did. While if you left it there, it's true that somebody else would've swooped on and grabbed it, and the seller would still end up with whatever he priced it for.

I would buy it, but in my heart, I'd still feel guilt.

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #24
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
the problem is not that the price was cheap, but it was clearly intended to be sold for 1g not 1s.

Everyone makes errors, but abusing them is immoral.

Last edited by MaxOff; 04-07-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #25
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Would you really call it abuse?

If you didn't get it, someone else would have.
And the person selling it would have ended up with the same amount anyways.

If I could, I would probably message them first, if they don't reply, then buy the weapon.
But would you want to wait for somebody else to snatch it up, or you? With the same amount for the seller anyways?

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #26
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Ummm..... 1g for a level 30 weapon. If the seller meant to sell it for 1g, then I think they would have been overpricing it, even for a +9. You do not stay in your 30s long enough to justify paying 1g for a weapon.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #27
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
Would you really call it abuse?

If you didn't get it, someone else would have.
And the person selling it would have ended up with the same amount anyways.

If I could, I would probably message them first, if they don't reply, then buy the weapon.
But would you want to wait for somebody else to snatch it up, or you? With the same amount for the seller anyways?
To make a analogy:
lets say we have a person A. U know that person will be killed tomorrow. Would it be correct to kill A now? After all he would die tomorrow anyway.

While that analogy drives the whole point into the extreme, it makes one point clear: Just because someone else does/will act immoral, does not justify your actions. No matter what they are.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #28
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Okay, about your analogy.

There is person A, you know that the person will die tomorrow. Person B wants to kill person A today, and so do you. After all, he's going to die tomorrow, you can either kill him and get your revenge or stand by and let the other person kill him.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter what you did, no matter how long you whisper that person, somebody is going to rip him off. I would rather buy it myself and work out whether I want to keep it or give it back to the person later than see somebody else waltz off with whatever the guy was selling.

And I think I'll go to sleep now ... and your analogy scared me a little bit ^^;

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #29
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Their loss, but you shouldn't feel beat yourself up over it. Its just a game and it was their careless mistake.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #30
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
This kinda reminds me of a board-game I played several years ago - Scruples - it was based on players asking each other what they would or would not do in different moral predicaments and then voting if they believe that response to be true or not.

As for the OP question of "Should I feel guilty?" I still say no since you did not do anything to cause the item to be priced as it was and you should not feel guilty that you found the item before the person who would not think twice about whether there is a question of guilt.

Again, you did not do anything to cause the item to be priced as it was and you should not feel guilty.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Closed Thread