Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Server: Teva
Manzcar has disabled reputation
Should I feel guilty?

I was walking through Elderine looking at what people are selling. Usually I can't afford anything becuase it is soo expensive and well being level 21 most people are selling lvl 5x and 6x stuff.

Well I found some green armor and bartered down to a good price.

But then I saw in a store a green level 30 axe +9 and the price was 1 silver.

I checked it twice making sure it wasn't a scam with a gold number hidden in there. So I ran (did not walk) and got the money ran back and bought the axe.

Now I just want to get to level 30 as quickly as possible. to use my new shiny axe.

So should I feel guilty?

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
No.
As someone who has actually priced things at copper instead of silver, I can tell you it is our mistake. We should double check. Plus with the way weapons drop these days they are getting hardder to sell. It may have been priced so low to simply help that person clean out their inventory.
I actually NPC'ed about 10 weapons this weekend because they won't sell and were taking up way too much space in my inventory.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, yeah, it is their loss @-@;

But I think that most people would've ended up doing what you did. If you weren't going to buy it, chances are that others will buy it anyways. If it was me, I would probably hold that guilt for the rest of my Fiesta time, but I think that if you didn't take the chance to grab it, somebody else would anyways, so you should be glad you got it.

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Exactly what she said and look at it this way, at least YOU will use it and did not buy it cheap to turn around and mark the price up to get rich off it. You actually need it and it gives you incentive to level.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation
I have a problem with holding on to things. I still have my level 1-8 stuff.

sentimental value I guess.

as far as drops go do the weapons come later. All I seem to get on drops is rings. I have about 10 rings that I don't use.

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Trade in your lvl 1-8 stuff for that lvl 30 quest that gives you the 34 boots 8D

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
i say u should feel guilty, after all u used someones error to your advantage.

If u were a really nice guy, u would give him his weapon back, after he comes online again.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
You should feel a bit guilty, yes. You took advantage.

I saw somebody selling a statted level 40 cleric shield for 20 copper. I bought it straight away - nothing wrong with that, as if I hadn't, the next person to see would've. However, I wrote down the name of the seller and tried contacting them for a week. They were never online, so I've kept it. I tried to give it back - that's what you should've done.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

If I did that, I would try to contact the person to give back their item, but that's just me o:

There's nothing "right" about what he "should" do ... it's ultimately up to him.

In one light, it IS the seller's fault. He didn't double check his store, it all falls down to his loss.
In another, you could buy it, and pass it back to the owner later. That's a really nice thing to do.
Or, you can buy it. Someone's going to snatch it up, are you going to take it or not?

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

So, if you go to the store and you find a really nice shirt that you want really bad to wear to an upcoming party and the price tag says $1.00, so you think, "Great awesome deal!!!" and go buy it, the sales clerk sells it to you for that price, but in actuality the shirt should have been priced at $100.00 - you gonna feel guilty? Are you gonna return the shirt to the store and say, "Ummm.... charge me another $99.00, please."
Not me. I'm gonna wear the shirt. In marketing, you win some and you lose some. It is up to the person selling the merchandise to make sure that they price it correctly. I can tell you from being a manager of a retail store, that if a clerk mismarks an item, you are bound to sell it as priced.
Not to mention that with the way weapons are not selling, he doesn't know for sure that they did not mark it at that price intentionally. He should not feel guity about finding a great weapon at a really good price.
I bought a level 60 staff last night (green, with decent stats) for only 50s. I then saw someone selling the exact same weapon for 150s. Hmm.... level 60 weapons (white) sell from the NPC at around 260s. I found a really great deal. It was a free drop, so the person I bought it from made 50s, could they have made more? Probably. Would I have bought it for 150s? Nope. I would have waited to see if I could get one to drop for me.
Maybe that person had already tried selling it for more and could not get it to sell.

Closed Thread