Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 AM   #11
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Censoring sounds like a good idea to me. Even though it seems obvious to not go to the site, I have had some new people who were playing asking me if it's real or not.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 AM   #12
Kixira
Imp

Kixira is on a distinguished road
This seems to be one of the better suggestions about stopping gold farming site spam from other games. The only problem that I can think of if this method is used with a censor thats overzealous and starts affecting normal chat. Fiesta censor seems to be one of the better ones I've liked, as it only blocks out the word and not the whole sentence or have a popup saying you've entered vulgar language (Maplestory anyone?)

One further method that I think Runescape has against gold sellers is the tracking and auto banning (perhaps not..) of people who are giving huge amounts of gold to people for nothing in exchange. No idea how this well this works, if at all, since I no longer follow the scene there.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:54 AM   #13
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
well its not like stuff like $ and www. and .com is used frequently in the game.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:01 AM   #14
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I think its a great idea! They could (probably would) just put "thepowerlevelDOTcom" or "_com" or other variations. You have to remember that they will always try, as long as they can make a buck. It might work though.

Er, they use macros. There is kindof a difference. >_>
Old 10-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #15
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
They prolly would >_<I also got an idea from the server dying. DC them if they don't move. But then people wouldn't open over night vendors.. Or they could have preset times for the server to go down for a sec sparatically, so hey DC. If they're "bots" they might not have been set to auto log. I'm not 100% sure how those things work..
Old 10-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #16
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
The problem with this suggestion is that the filter doesn't work like that. You'll notice how you can type let's say as a mild example, crapp, but not crap. You can also use any extension of the original word crap such as crappy, crappp, crapping, and so on and so forth. So if they game engine were to filter www. and .com, entering anything in between would allow it to pass through the filter. The filter in Fiesta only blocks specific words in a specific form, any deviation from the filtered form is allowed to pass through.

Your suggestion's great and all but Fiesta's filter just won't let it happen. Something needs to be done with the loose filter, which to me, is the heart of the advertising exploits.

Last edited by Dynamics; 10-06-2007 at 05:27 AM..
Old 10-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #17
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Well basically, with the whole filter idea, of course, beef up the filter system. It definitely needs some editing. I see nothing wrong with saying "punk" or "butt" lol.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #18
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
I like the idea. Don't think it would be very hard for them to do either. Also, I am not an expert by any means, but can't the system tell when there is a macro in use, or are they easy to hide. If they can tell, then they could have the system automatically ban any account that used a macro.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #19
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
The problem with this suggestion is that the filter doesn't work like that. You'll notice how you can type let's say as a mild example, crapp, but not crap. You can also use any extension of the original word crap such as crappy, crappp, crapping, and so on and so forth. So if they game engine were to filter www. and .com, entering anything in between would allow it to pass through the filter. The filter in Fiesta only blocks specific words in a specific form, any deviation from the filtered form is allowed to pass through.

Your suggestion's great and all but Fiesta's filter just won't let it happen. Something needs to be done with the loose filter, which to me, is the heart of the advertising exploits.
true story. i found out today that you cant say shit or fuck, but you can say shitfuck
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Then maybe they should re-do the filters.
Closed Thread