Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:51 AM   #111
Tamashiiryuu
Cave Archmage Book

Carmageddon Champion!
Tamashiiryuu will become famous soon enough

I finished The Gathering Storm from the Wheel of Time recently. Currently on a wait list for the next book. So whilst I wait for Towers of Midnight, I'm reading the Something Like... series by Jay Bell. I'll probably read The Malazan Book of the Fallen to fill the void that the Wheel of Time will leave behind. That or either The Dresden Files or the Mistborn series.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:32 AM   #112
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Well... been a while. I'm gonna bump this because reading is fundamental and maybe it will encourage you illiterates to read a bit.

For my part, I work quite a lot and I haven't actually read anything in the traditional sense in quite some time, but I have recently gotten into audio books and it's opened up my world. I can work all day and still, "read", all day; it's great! Over the last month or so I've reread, (listened to), the entire Dune saga from Frank Herbert, also some of the lesser stuff from his son and his writing partner.

I'm nearing the end of Dune, et al, though and not all audio books are created equal. Most of the Dune books are very well produced and I have attempted others, but if the voice is just a monotone bore it doesn't hold my attention.

Anyone have any suggestions for good audio book renditions of good stories?

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #113
Lottie
Hero Slime

Lottie is on a distinguished road
Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. Great book for Warcraft (but not only) fans
Lottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:38 AM   #114
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Still on audio books, buts I've been off in to The Expanse series now. Great sci-fi.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote