Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road
Enhancing Guide

My original guide according to gamigo - Please forgive information that is different / Missing due to gamigo and os differences.

A little guide one
ENHANCING
This guide is in dedication to those people who ask me how to enhance everytime i go to roumen.
WARNING : ENHANCING HAS A HIGH CHANCE OF BREAKING YOUR WEAPON, THE HIGHER YOU GO. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONCIBILITY IF YOU BREAK YOUR WEAPON
How do we start?
Why not with...This :

Now, the Key.
  1. Slots for Stones [Read farther on for more on this]
  2. Your weapon goes here.
  3. Red Eye Slot [Read On]
  4. Gold Jewel Slot [Read On]
  5. Blue Mile Slot [Read On]
  6. Begin. [A bit obvious]
  7. Quit. [Also obvious]

What do you Need to Enhance?
  • A Weapon To Enhance.
  • Elrues, Lixes and Xirs.
  • Luck.

The Basics.
To enhance your weapon, you will need "Stones". Elrue, Lix and Xir to be exact. There are two things you have to watch out for.

1.) That the level of the stone matches your weapon. So, Elrue-Xir [1] only works on weapons between level 1-20. This is so called "Tier 1" , or "T1". Elrue-Xir [2] is for items level 30-50, and is called T2. Elrue-Xir [3] is for items level 60+, and is T3. I think you get the point.

2.) That you are using the right stones -- (Read on btw.)

So, with a brand new item, +0 (Nothing special about it. You can see the "+" on it by lookin at the number after the name. If there is nothing, it is +0) you will need to use Elrue, and you will need to use them untill you get it to +3. Remember, its not three trys. Enhancing can upgrade the weapon by One or Two pluses, can keep it the same, make it one plus less (It wont go into the minuses) and it can break the item.

So:
+0 - +3 = Elrue (A low chance of breaking, compared with the other two stones)
+4 - +6 = Lix (A higher chance of breaking and downgrading)
+7 - +9 = Xir (Highest chance of breaking, downgrading and of nothing happening)

Blessed&Lucky stones.
There are 3 types of each stone. Normal, from the production skill, and the blessed and lucky stones. Just read the next paragraph for the differences, but These are the stones that you get from Quests, Abyss, Mining and from Tresure Chests.

The last thing about stones:
There are three types. Normal, Blessed and Lucky.
Normal are the green ones, and are normal.
Blessed are the purple ones, and they have a higher success rate.
Lucky are the light blue ones, and they have a lower chance of success, but therefor can make the weapon go up by 2 '+'s.

Ok, now that your an expert on stones, Lets see what we can start doing.
So, put a weapon that you want to enhance into the middle(2), (A little warning. Make sure you have a spare weapon incase it breaks.), put the appropriate stone in one of the 8 slots(1)[If you are getting an error, it might be because you are trying to put more than one elrue in at the same time (Stacked). To unstack a pile of elrues, read below], and begin(6).
Watch the little spinny thingy, and hope it goes to the square opposing the place you put your stone in.

Two things can happen now, each with different effect.
  1. Success (Landed in the box opposite where you put the stone in):
    1. Item Upgrades by one (Blessed, Normal, Lucky).
    2. Item Upgrades By 2 (Lucky Only)
  2. Total Fail (Landed anywhere else):
    1. Nothing will Happen
    2. The Item downgrades by one
    3. The item breaks (Ewwww)

Thats it really. Just take into consideration, that the farther you get, the more risks you are taking, especially going into T2 and T3. To get rid of risks, read a few posts down.

Unstacking
To unstack a pile of objects, all you have to do is left click a stack of ims, while holding down the Shift. Type in a nomber, and click on a free invent space. For enhancing, youll need to put the Stones in one by one.

Married to my lovely Teruki.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
xDario
Angry Wolf

Production : Stones
Aswell as buying them and getting them from quests/abyss, you can make them. All you need to do is press K, go on the third image [See img]
and choose "Stone Production Skill" and something else (you can choose something else later).
(Bewarned : Once choosen it is very hard to change it back.)
Now that youve got the ability to make stones, you need to buy the skill. So, run over to Skill Master Ruby, click on the 3rd picture (Same picture as before!) and buy the "Elrue [1]" Ability.
Close the buying screen and right click on the "Elrue [1]" scroll. Blue lights should go from the floor under you untill the sky.
Now, your good to go. Again, Press "K", and go to the 3rd picture, and right click on the pcture of "Stone Production Skill" and a window should open up, where "Elrue [1]" Is written in Blue and "Lix [2]" and "Xir [1]" In red.

Ok, so you have got yourself ready for making Elrue [1]. Now what?
If you click on "Elrue [1]" in the window, on the right you should be able to figure out and see that you need 3 of each old dust to make one Elrue [1].

Also, if you look to the red bar at the top, you will see somthing like ( 20 / 1000 ), right?

(Yes i know its material decomposition. Imagine it says Stone Production!)
Good. When that reaches ( 200 / 1000 ) you can go and buy the "Lix [1]" scroll from Skill Master Ruby, just like you did with the Elrue[1]. Buy it, right click it and produce away. Remeber, you cant learn it untill your Production Skill is at 200. Same goes when you hit 500/1000, just this time you need to do it with Xir.

Elrue [1] = 3 Old Spirit Dusts, 3 Old Gem Dusts, 3 Old Sould Dusts
Lix [1] = 3 Elrue [1] + 3 Copper Ore (Low Grade)
Xir [1] = 3 Lix [1] + 1 Copper Ore

Once you have gotten upto 1000/1000, you go into T2 items ( you will stat at 1000 / 12000 ).
Recipies for T2 stones can be found in the Spell people in Elderine. T3 can be bought by Item Merchant Nina for Fame.
Also, remember that you dont have to make money for your own good. You can also make money from it, selling your stones to other players.

A little price guide for normal stones. Lucky are worth a bit less, blessed a bit more:
  1. Tier 1
    1. Elrue : 80-150c
    2. Lix : 400-600c
    3. Xir : about 1s
  2. Tier 2
    1. Elrue : 1s
    2. Lix : 3-5s
    3. Xir : 10s
  3. Tier 3
    1. Elrue : 2-4s
    2. Lix : 10-15s
    3. Xir : 25-30s

Also, its not a good idea to make lots of elrue at once and try to sell thoose to other players : Selling stones is a long and boring job, especially with the low stones, since more people can make thoose. Also, try making them into Lix and Xir, since that will help your prodEXP. If you have LOTS of stones, just sell them to the NPC if your having space-issues.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
xDario
Angry Wolf

Advanced Stone Production
Ok, so if grinding low level monsters for old dusts, buy them from other players and nina isnt enough...Or if your only starting to get dims, and no old's anymore, then this is for you.

So, how do you get a big amount of Old Dust when grinding them takes too long?
Another production skill called Decomposing. To use it for making stones you will need decomposing at production level 500. Once you have gotten it there, you need to get your hand on some Dim Dusts, and some T1 alchemy stones. (You can always whisper me for some..for free!) Having gotten them, and bought the relevant recipies, you can decompost and make lots of old dusts from dims. And then make thoose to Elrue!
Oh, btw you can do the same for the copper ores. e.g. when i need to make elrue, i get gold ore, and make it into copper. 1gold ore lq ->4mq copper or 8 lq copper.

Cash Shop Enhancing (Real Money)
As promised, here is the place for people who can't stand breaking every second weapon.
Press X , enter the cash shop, and go to "Item Enhancing Stones". There, you can buy red & blue miles to enhance. The Red ones stop your item from breaking, while the blue ones stop it from degrading. You can also buy the golden ones, but i wouldn't reccomend them, since they are extremly expencive and you only get one. Might be usefull for +8 - +9.. So, buy the right Tier (One of each is the best combination tbh.), and enter your Cash shop inventory (Its the bag at the right with the Present icon). Right click them, split the stacks and place the Red Mile into slot 3, and the Blue Eye into slot 6. The golden ones goes into slot 5 btw ^^.. The rest of the enhancing is normal like before - One red&blue mile lasts for only one enhancement. So remember to put them in each time.

So, this is how i do it:
T1 Although i wouldnt recommend enhancing at such a low level...: Start using the red&blue miles at [+6].
T2 I recommend only [+9]'ing at level 40 items plus - if you can afford it: Start at +3 if the item isn't too good - If its uuuuber godly, start using them at +0.
T3 <3: From +0, no matter what.

Last hint :
Since the blue mile only works by stopping it to degrade, you can't use it at +0, since the enhancing wont go into the minus - so don't worry if you get an error "The blue mile does not match the level of the item".

Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Eliayth
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Eliayth & Mandragora
Current Level: 5x & 2x
Server: Apoline
Eliayth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Eliayth
Curious, can anyone confirm if a rarer item, such as a boss drop, has a lower enhancing success rate? And if the required level for the item is high, if that makes any difference? I've found that it *seems* to be much harder to enhance my lvl 50 Guard Cpt's sword than my lvl 40 green axe. Just wondering if anyone has info/theories :P
Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Do you never click on the wiki link? Everything you says here are covered in more detail in Enhancement Guide, Enhancement Stones, and Production Skills.
Quote:
(Bewarned : Once choosen it is very hard to change it back.)
It is not very hard to change your selected production skill. You just need to purchase a CS item and lose all your current production skill's points.
Quote:
You can also buy the golden ones, but i wouldn't reccomend them, since they are extremly expencive and you only get one. Might be usefull for +8 - +9..
You fail to recognise that they do indeed raise the success probability, in some cases significantly.

@Eliayth
Enhancement success probability appears to depend on the generic item class. Green titles are the same as their regular (white) versions, while the blue weapons and the orange are a little hard to decide - they are almost certainly linked to the generic class (upgrade group) whose enhancement bonus they follow.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 04-09-2009 at 01:45 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
xDario
Angry Wolf

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Do you never click on the wiki link? Everything you says here are covered in more detail in Enhancement Guide, Enhancement Stones, and Production Skills.

It is not very hard to change your selected production skill. You just need to purchase a CS item and lose all your current production skill's points.

You fail to recognise that they do indeed raise the success probability, in some cases significantly.

@Eliayth
Enhancement success probability appears to depend on the generic item class. Green titles are the same as their regular (white) versions, while the blue weapons and the orange are a little hard to decide - they are almost certainly linked to the generic class (upgrade group) whose enhancement bonus they follow.
Ive read it, thank you.
The CS isn't available for all users. Thats why I say its hard to change back.

To the gold jewels, i dunno how they are priced on OS, but althought the red and blue's are cheaper fo us, ONE golden jewel costs almoust as much as 10 blue's, so thats why i prefer staying away from them.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
Eliayth
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Eliayth & Mandragora
Current Level: 5x & 2x
Server: Apoline
Eliayth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Eliayth
Originally Posted by xDario View Post
Ive read it, thank you.
The CS isn't available for all users. Thats why I say its hard to change back.

To the gold jewels, i dunno how they are priced on OS, but althought the red and blue's are cheaper fo us, ONE golden jewel costs almoust as much as 10 blue's, so thats why i prefer staying away from them.
For OutSpark's Fiesta: This does not apply. You can't even buy a single Gold Nine, it comes in a pack of 10. And it actually costs LESS than Red Eyes.

http://store.outspark.com/fiesta/category/2
Old 05-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
pinoypc21
Slime

In-Game Name: pinoypc21 and vonstrangle
Current Level: pinoypc21:23 vonstrangle:19
Server: apoline
pinoypc21 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pinoypc21
im really curios about enhacing weapon.....wat are the 3 things above begin and quit? wat does it do?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by pinoypc21 View Post
im really curios about enhacing weapon.....wat are the 3 things above begin and quit? wat does it do?
its for miles
theres red, blue, and gold one
gold increases the success rate by 15%
blue makes it so it cant degrade
red make it so it cant break
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Please read all the thread if that's written.

Lucky you this thread has 7 days to close.

On-Topic:

Those are slots for miles...

Miles cannot be purchased in game, You'll have to buy e'm from store!
Closed Thread