Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Some Questions Regarding Guild Wars

I would like to know the most effective method to take down fighters/mages/clerics if any archers with more experience in guild wars would like to share the information. So far my archer can rip apart most fighters and clerics around the same level but is having troubles with mages and some pure END clerics. Also from chatting with a lv 50 cleric I've heard that a cleric can take on more than 5 characters around the same level later on, is there any validity to that statement? P.s. please share on how you fight (do you stand and shoot or do you kite? DoT attacks and long exhaustion battles against them or direct firefight? Out in the open or snipe weaker foes???)
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Some find helpless little shops and attack those.

Yesterday, I was at storage and there was a girl doing production skills ( I could tell by her hands moving in circles and the little light that *poofs*) when another guild person ran up to her and proceeded to kill her, then run off. I was on my cleric so I rezzed her and restored her life. She apparently didn't want to guild war because she immediately logged off. However, the person that killed her came back to storage looking for her again.
I guess some guilds like to attack easy targets because it somehow makes them feel real big and bad to attack people that are afk or in the middle of production.

I know this wasn't the answer that you were looking for - but apparently it is an effective way to attack and kill someone during a guild war.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I haven't done a lot of GW myself but I've gone against all classes and it's fairly easy using all your bleed/poison skills on them and just spam skills. I've gone against a mage who was higher level than me and we were just going at each other with no one else around. Basically a mage is screwed when he's got no cleric around to Cure him from the poison/bleed damage. Then I'm also a spr/dex build so I landed a few skill crits and he was dead.

I've also gone against an archer who was pretty much the same level. Same thing I've killed him several times even with a cleric healing him. DoT skills are your best friend when it comes to GW. I have a harder time going against fighters especially if they are with a cleric. Same with going against a cleric. You have to time your skills just right so their heal can't keep up with you.

I would suggest that you should get that Venomous Shot asap as it helps to another DoT skill in hand.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Not sure about how you can take people down as an archer, but as for cleric tanking 5 players of the same level - I think it is possible. But it really depends which classes the 5 players are. If they're all fighters and they take turns to stun the cleric, then the cleric is doomed unless he/she is potting for their dear life. But even then.. there'll probably be a few close calls. The cleric certainly wouldn't win though, probably just tank. Unless a few are archers/mages, but if they are getting healed then that'll be a bit hard.

I was in a GW last night where I was attacked by several people of various levels, some higher and some lower level than me. I had another cleric healing me while I was also healing myself, and I did last for quite a while, but I think I died in the end anyway.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
The only thing I find myself doing when against a cleric is to simply keep kiting and poison/bleed him/her from time to time. But that's an inefficient way to use sp since they can easily heal themselves with much less cost to their sp pool. So in cases of 1v1 I avoid clerics altogether, but there is one occasion where a cleric several levels higher was killed by my skill spams. Also fighters are rather easy to kite to death without clerics supporting them, unless they want to go ahead and waste their dear pots. P.s. does anyone know how DEX factor into added effects (bleed/poison) ? It seems that with higher aim my chance of poisoning the enemy heightens (tested with accuracy increase scrolls).
Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 AM   #6
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
The best way to take out anyone is have a good cleric thats not in your clan heal and buff you ^^

I did that and survived agaisnt 10 people for almost half an hour in my latest clan war.

This was not my fault since my party just towned to restone and I was caught in the war...So always bring your cleric everywhere...

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 11-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Any class is easy to take down if they're not being healed. I avoid clerics as it just wastes my pots trying to take them down.

*skill spam*
*heals*
*sp pot/skill spam*
*heals*
Rinse and repeat.

Of course, all the while the cleric usually just runs away.

With the DEX and getting more bleed/poison, I have no idea if it makes a difference? I guess more Aim would seem that you have a chance of getting that to work... I, myself, cannot test it because I'm DEX based.
Closed Thread