Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #31
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I think if it was as easy as just reducing the reps accordingly, they would've done it ages ago....

I would think that the problem lies where not all reps have the same amount of rep points attached to it. It's not simply "She has 20 +reps, that's equal to 20 rep points".

Example: Like Spirit could've rep me a year ago and only has 1 rep points.. but 6 months later, her rep power increased so when she reps me again it would have 5 rep points.. How is an admin suppose to make appropriate adjustments to how much rep points we should've got under the new system, compare to the old system?

did that make sense?

but that's just my opinion...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #32
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I was assuming it should be possible to do that. There will be a log of who repped you and when right? So based on that I think we can do something like an adjustment. We'll have to wait for an admin's opinion though.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #33
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Good God, why must does everyone have to make a big damn deal about green nuggets? Will these green nuggets change your life? will they take you out of your emo states and send you into euphoria? Theyre just pixels for crying out loud. They have no value.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #34
Vasu
Malingerer

Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Then why did they have to change the system? They're just pixels, so why bother if someone abuses them? I'm sorry, but your argument is way off track here.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 AM   #35
iDerrick
Symphony

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
I just dont see what the big deal is. You want green nuggets? earn it.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 AM   #36
Vasu
Malingerer

Have you even read any of my posts? My bother is that I have to struggle harder to earn it than the people who already have, because the rules have changed.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:34 AM   #37
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think because the rep power was out of proportion...

many of us has accumulated a lot of rep power very quickly and easily, and when we rep someone new, they pretty much got 2 nuggets instantly..

people hoo-haa about it... so they significantly reduced our rep power... but we got to keep our old reps...

Either way... I see Vasu's concern... I mean the reps are there for a visual reason, we want to keep it, because we want our help to be appreciated.. as much as "it doesnt mean anything", I still want it there... because I love admiring that people thanked me for helping them XD

If vasu's suggestion could be done, I reckon it'd be great.. but whether that's possible, we'll have to wait.

My guess is Blah and Righty wont have the power to do that, and Entropy would be too busy to fiddle that XD (look how long it took him to change our banner -.-)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #38
iDerrick
Symphony

Nah I havent really read it haha. But you're getting there, why complain now?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #39
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Seriuosly, the green bars mean nothing. It only means what people want it to mean. It means nothing to me, which is why mine are hidden. It does not change the person you are or the person you could become.

We also had a vote to completely do away with the repping system and it was voted to stay.

At this time nothing will change with the repping system.

Also, please remember that this is an open discussion and everyone is entitled to their opinions on the matter. It does not make them right, it does not make them wrong. To some people the repping system matters. To others it does not. Argueing over it will not change anything. It has already been determined to leave things like they are and until one of the mods or admons post something saying otherwise, it will stay that way.

Just like it is not fair to new members, it would not be fair to old members to take away their rep. EVEN the rep that was given during the abuse. It was all fun and games, because it did not matter to the people having fun. It was just another forum experiment. however, the experiment ended with some people being upset and we changed the repping powers. It was decided at that time, that the rep would stay. We will not go back and undo it. It was voted on by the people who were around when everything happened and everything changed. Simply because new members have come along (and this is not directed at you Vasu), who do not agree with it, does not mean it will change.

The poeple who were directly affected by the rep abuse or not and were around at that time had a chance to vote and voted. The vote stands. Just because you may have voted a different way than the majority does not mean that the polls were manipulated or that only those who had high reps voted to keep it. The members had a chance to speak and in fact, most of them said THEY DID NOT CARE.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 AM   #40
Vasu
Malingerer

So, am I to assume that the option I suggested isn't viable, can't be done? My bother (again I repeat) is not the way the poll went. It's the fact that there had to be a poll in the first place. I think that they should have changed the rep the way it would be with the new rules. And if that isn't possible...then we can't do anything except leave it the way it is, or completely remove the new repping power regulations.

Closed Thread