Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Do they ever learn?

http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128982

I got caught up in this myself but luckily I was in Elderine about to go to Uruga when this happened so I didnt lose exp but I was trying to escape them and ended up leading one to storage ;_;
Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Yeah my bloody shop was killed =.=
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Well, if they really want to be assholes about it, they'll ban all the people that are complaining about being AFK. From the TOS:

n) You may not leave an Outspark Account logged into the Outspark Service while unattended via either a software applications or physical object(s). If your Outspark Game persona is performing an action of any kind, you must be able to respond to an Outspark representative if approached.

Granted, I'm sure the spirit of the law is for botting purposes, but the letter of the law would make being AFK for any reason against the TOS.

Edit:
I just saw Snakeeye's reply. I love the bit where he suggests getting a Blessing of Teva. That doesn't sound like mob tactics or anything. "Well, that sure is a nice EXP level you've got there. I'd certainly hate for anything to happen to it."

Edit, take 2:
Thank whomever decided on the signature size rule. It really is painful over there. 80% of each page is signature. Gah.

Last edited by Hraesvelg; 11-26-2008 at 03:02 AM..
Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Hmm...the suggestion to buy a blessing of teva makes me think that they do the event there occasionally to get more sales.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
The answer to the OP question: No.

Haven't you learnt that they don't?

@Hrae: Another reason I hate officials; they think the desktop wallpaper for a 1200x1200 screen is a signature.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #6
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Originally Posted by fullback View Post
Hmm...the suggestion to buy a blessing of teva makes me think that they do the event there occasionally to get more sales.
It really sickens me when I heard the GM say that. I know this does not occur to the majority of the Outspark population but some people may not have access to get sparkcash either it be the card or online payment methods.

It also sickens me because that's just shameless advertising. Was that the real point of the event maybe? Deliberately spawn monsters in Uruga and get the afk vendors killed so they are forced to buy BoT if they dont want to lose exp.

I really hope Vera has no exp loss like Elderine. I can picture the GMs summoning 10-15 Helgas to run amock in Vera to kill the poor AFK vendors and by that level getting 1% exp would probably take hours.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

Only if you have mobs in the city itself will you lose exp.

But I agree with you. The Cash Shop is supposed to enhance gameplay (whether by looks or stat bonus, etc) and shouldn't be a necessity.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:08 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Like Ghostly once said:

Outspark will ram their company into the ground.

The CEO of Outspark can roughly be compared to us Americans and oil.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:59 AM   #9
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
I just said Im not happy with the event in uruga.
It played how like this.

Brown nosers: I loved the event silky
Me: I didnt, killed everyones shops and ruined peoples profits for the time
they were spent afk.
Brown nosers: Newb your an ass I liked it.
Me: Im not an ass, im stating the truth, gms should have used there noggins
and thought about the countless people they would piss off before they did that.
Silky: I apologize though I did not host the event.
Me: Next time spawn it in a spot without them, its that easy.
Brown nosers: silky we love you newb your an ass hole.
Me: Why cause I dont kiss the gms behind and speak my opinion?

Whisper from silky : Stop and watch your language, people dont need to see your negative talk.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

Well, if that are the exact words then Silky should've warned the other party for their use of language.

I read the thread, at least up until the GM/CM responded. At least Saphar sounded sincere about the occurance. Telling people to buy BoT... psh. Being shop killed by a stray Orc is one thing but x number of Fire Nixes, no.
Closed Thread