Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Valentines Update...

http://outspark.com/forums/showthrea...696#post370696

Is it just me or do you actually need to buy cash shop items to go anywhere in this game.

The experience increase cards are on a length duration. 30, or 7 days of increased experience rates. It seems like the cash shop users will plow ahead leaving those who do not purchase cash shop items frequently, behind.

Also the HP/SP increase and hunters war rant for a period of 7 or 30 days seems a little unfair. Its almost like buying permanent upgrades to your character...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post

Is it just me or do you actually need to buy cash shop items to go anywhere in this game.

The experience increase cards are on a length duration. 30, or 7 days of increased experience rates. It seems like the cash shop users will plow ahead leaving those who do not purchase cash shop items frequently, behind.

Also the HP/SP increase and hunters war rant for a period of 7 or 30 days seems a little unfair. Its almost like buying permanent upgrades to your character...
That's just it... other people that don't /can't buy CS items want to be high up there with their CS friends... too bad it's not going to happen.

The 30 day items like xp increase, and drop rate up, and harvesting up do seem like a perm upgrade... because all people have to do is buy like 12 of each in one fell swoop... and then not have to worry about it for another year.

Not liking the Fiesta atm.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
That's just it... other people that don't /can't buy CS items want to be high up there with their CS friends... too bad it's not going to happen.

The 30 day items like xp increase, and drop rate up, and harvesting up do seem like a perm upgrade... because all people have to do is buy like 12 of each in one fell swoop... and then not have to worry about it for another year.

Not liking the Fiesta atm.
Yes, but I highly doubt they'll price them cheaply. Probably $US20 a month.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Yes, but I highly doubt they'll price them cheaply. Probably a month.
Regardless, you know people will buy it.

Might as well make it a p2p game.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post

I pointed out this idea a long time ago..

Its just becoming more obvious with each update..
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
i dont see anything wrong with the cash shop items...

u can still happily play the game without them... (well.. minus all the bugs and wat-not they've got but that's another story)

they've got PvP ground and GM events and new maps and fixed quest blah blah blah.... that everyone could still benefit without the CS items...

if you compare the stats of a CS player and one that doesnt have CS items.. there'll be difference... but it doesnt affect ur party status or anything... (like u can still party together and its not like the non-CS user cant do anything)

but hey life's never fair... it's not like those ppl got it for free anyway... so i dont really see any problems...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 AM   #7
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
i dont see anything wrong with the cash shop items...

u can still happily play the game without them... (well.. minus all the bugs and wat-not they've got but that's another story)

they've got PvP ground and GM events and new maps and fixed quest blah blah blah.... that everyone could still benefit without the CS items...

if you compare the stats of a CS player and one that doesnt have CS items.. there'll be difference... but it doesnt affect ur party status or anything... (like u can still party together and its not like the non-CS user cant do anything)

but hey life's never fair... it's not like those ppl got it for free anyway... so i dont really see any problems...

I see you've been no victim to the ability discrimination now.

Mages see this frequently, the ones who have inferno are accepted, and the ones without become second choice. The ones without even Frost Nova are pooled together as "rejects."

Its a harsh look at it, but thats how mages are treated in the game at this very moment.

Now lets take a look at everyone. If someone knows you have full [+9] body armour they are more likely to party you over someone the same class, same build, same skill empowerments, and same ability overall.

Taking a look even further, you will eventually see those who wont take a fighter who has no extenders on. The same can be applied to all the other classes as well.

Partying with people you know wont change with the cash shop. But the sad part is when you begin inviting outsiders in, or others begin inviting you out of the blue - you get some interesting problems.

You see the difference between a very short time-limited consumable and a long-term consumable is that a short term one is understood by most people as un-neccessary due to the fact that it has such a short life-span.

But with this month-long duration, the understanding about the cash shop buffs change. Instead of hearing "Did you use an extender?", you will hear "Don't you have an extender?." Simple words change the tone or the implied message.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:56 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
0.o

OK then....

I guess i dont party with outsiders... so i dont know those dilemmas... most of my guildies doesnt use cash shop items (in fact.. only 3 or 4 of us does)... the tankers can still tank, the archers can still do dmg, mage can still AOE, clerics can still heal well without deaths...

we dont NEED cash shop to enjoy the game... we're still great as a party and have fun...

an just coz those items are available in CS, doesnt mean everyone will buy it! as u can see.. not EVERYONE has a +9 just coz it's possible.. most people dont want it or cant hv it... just because i charge up sparkcash doesnt mean i will HAVE or WANT the extenders...

how many ppl do u know have full +9 armours?? i only know 1 possible person on the entire Teva... (well maybe a few more much higher lvl ppl but it still doesnt mean a majority of the ppl have full +9 set)

but in the end.. i guess it's who u play with and wat u look for in a game... i'm happy to party with non-cash players as long as they're nice... i guess different players hv different priorities...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 02-07-2008 at 01:59 AM..
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #9
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I second what Hess says. It depends on the party you are with. We are usually only partied with guild members and it doesn't matter what level, what CS items, what class, what....ever. We play together because we enjoy it.
It all depends on who you play with, why you play with them, and how you play.
I am a cash shop user. The rest of my guildies do not hold it against me just because when I die I dont lose exp, thanks to my Blessing of Teva. They don't hold my cash shop enhance weapons against me. They dont hold my riders against me. And I dont hold it against them simply because they cannot use cash shop items. I would party with them even if they were a level 5. Haha, ask toolrocket, .
It just depends on your outlook on the game. And the outlook of the people you are lucky enough or unlucky enough to meet in the game and on the forums.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-07-2008, 02:43 AM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Spirit has Blessing of Teva?

-lets spirit dies 1st- oh well! XD jkjk

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread