Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #21
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i choose to opt out of a 1v1 (unless its a fist fight) coz i choose to see myself as a support class XD

Its like.. asking a medic to fight instead of teh army~

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #22
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
^ Yeah, a cleric 1v1 is really boring. T-T"

But you know, I think it would be a slightly different story for a STR build cleric. I think there was a bit of difference when I pvp'ed in CB with a STR-ish build but now I don't know if I'm just imagining things or not since it's so long ago.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #23
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
If they make Trip and Bleed a skill with side effects (Stunned or periodic dmg)

i think it'll make us cleric a lot more fun to pvp XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I guess it all depends on what type of build you go...

But I think a fighter has the potential of killing a cleric 1v1 pretty easily with all the stuns. Cleric's weakness = stun, providing that both parties of the dual will not pot.

Edit:

And you left out the question:

Who can we kill?
granted getting close to them can be a hassle, those squishies dont like getting bashed.

and lets say it's 2v2. cleric + any 1 other class vs. 2 non cleric classes.

cleric team wins. the two have to gang there cleric if they have any chance at killing him, and while they are doing that, the teammate has free reign over those poor little guys. Or if they dont gang the cleric, they are essentially fighting two invincible people since the cleric will be more than capable to heal himself and his teammate.

if and when battle arena comes out and if we can do 2v2 pvp, I'm going to bet that cleric fighter combos will rule over it.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #25
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Not quite Mr Pedobear..

All you need is a Fighter in the non-cleric team, and a mage on the cleric time to kill the Cleric team.

Fighter stun Cleric, then gang on the Mage.. mage goes down in like 3 sec.. cleric still stunned... 2v1 on the cleric... wont be long till the cleric waste all their pots healing themselves but not doing ANY dmg...

So you may not kill the cleric.. but the cleric isnt gonna kill you either.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #26
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Not quite Mr Pedobear..

All you need is a Fighter in the non-cleric team, and a mage on the cleric time to kill the Cleric team.

Fighter stun Cleric, then gang on the Mage.. mage goes down in like 3 sec.. cleric still stunned... 2v1 on the cleric... wont be long till the cleric waste all their pots healing themselves but not doing ANY dmg...

So you may not kill the cleric.. but the cleric isnt gonna kill you either.
But pedo was talking about a cleric + fighter combo, not a cleric + mage combo.

I think the other way works though.

Cleric + fighter vs fighter + mage/archer (a dpser)

Fighters can stun each other, but the mage/archer can be nuking from far away, meaning they would be unaffected by the stun. Now the damage dealer can nonstop nuke the cleric/fighter. One down, one to go.

Only problem is that if the cleric starts off being far away as well (from just healing), then the cleric will also be unaffected by stun. Then the cleric may cast invincible on the fighter and heal him/herself while the mage nukes. OR the cleric might start charging at the mage/archer and that mage/archer will have to start running for their life... or "kite" the cleric.

There are so many possible outcomes. D: But with the right tactics, I don't think a fighter + cleric combo will be invincible.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #27
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

He just said Cleric + any other class.. so i picked a combo where his theory wont work LOL

yeah if its Cleric + fighter then they'll probably last longer.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #28
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pedobear View Post
what other class can solo at your level? what other class requires 2 people to kill in pvp?

at least soloing is still an option at 32. For some builds in other classes, it's no longer economically viable.
Um... I killed a Cleric that was eight levels above me when I was level 22 Mage. I had to use potions and stones often but I got him. In fact, I pretty much killed off an entire Guild that was equal to my level or above. It was hard but I did it. Of course, my other Guild mates helped but it was mostly me doing all the work. Clerics aren't overpowered. They just make it look like it with that healing ability of theirs. xD
Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #29
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Was the cleric AFK? XD jkjk

Funny how Pedobear and us are all clerics.. but some of us choose to say Clerics arent overpowering and some of us thinks we are...

i would've thought ppl that are non-cleric would think that clerics are overpowering just coz our heal annoys the crap out of them.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 11-09-2007 at 12:01 AM..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #30
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Was the cleric AFK? XD jkjk
LOL.

@MR: Yeah, it's possible, but I must say that must be one hell of a crappy cleric. Seriously. Got killed by someone 8 levels lower than them? D: Clerics are supposed to make it hard for people their OWN level to kill them. =/