Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #21
Lackluster
Kebing

Lackluster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
really? i've always liked my hammer.. got a free level 40 mace and i still went a bought my hammer LOL
Yeah, it says quite clearly that in most cases maces are better unless you're okay with sacrificing some points..and with MASSIVE sp consumption.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #22
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
sacrifice wat points?? like Stat points?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #23
Lackluster
Kebing

Yeah
Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #24
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
how informative LOL

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #25
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
This is my opinion. Keep in mind you are not, by all means, obliged to follow this at all.

5 points to Heal's SP Consumption, NO points in Heal's cooldown. Repeat. NO points in Heal's cooldown. Never had to spam it, and never will.

If you solo, 5 points into Bash's power and 5 points into SP consumption.

I've personally never tried it, but 5 points in Restore's SP consumption might help a lot. Some love to spam it, others (like me) never use it.

5 points into Rejuvenate's SP consumption. Heal followed by Rejuvenate is a good combination, in my opinion.

Probably 5 points into Invincible's duration.

By now, you've probably hit 59. So idk what else to empower. O_o
Old 11-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #26
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
o.o You guys all have different opinions. Being a mage is a lot easier lol.

I'm not THAT lvlh4x lol.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #27
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
o.o You guys all have different opinions. Being a mage is a lot easier lol.

I'm not THAT lvlh4x lol.
My build is a solo build, so I can take hits and give hits.

*cough* Today...

[Triumph] : meh i only do 100 damage on these...
[Falcomist] : WOPW
[Falcomist] : WTF
[Falcomist] : i only do 85 on them...
[Falcomist] : stupid 1h sword

True story, and he's 57. I think he was messing with me though. Then again, he is END:SPR, where I'm STR:END. *shrug*
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #28
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I guess I'll do my own thing and decide as I go <.<
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 AM   #29
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
Yep, decide your own thing! But here's my personal build:

5 points into Bash power - useful for soloing faster and for being a cleric tank if you want to do cleric/DD duos, which is an awesome way to level 30/40.
2 points into Bash SP - up to you, really. I started putting points into this, but then realized that Bash will stop upgrading after 60 - since I always try to plan for the long run, I decided to save those points for Paladin spells.
5 points into Heal SP - most used spell. Not just about saving money, but about saving hassle. The most common mistake I make as a cleric is paying so much attention to party HP during crazy bouts that I miss running out of mana. It takes me a second to realize this and use a SP stone, but in that time, sometimes the worst can happen. Also, unless you do make your own SP pots, if you don't do SP comsumption on heal, there's a very good chance you won't have enough SP, even with stones, for longer KQs (thinking of Mini Dragon especially). IMO, it's the spell you use 90% of the time, so it's totally worth it to put SP on.
5 points on Heal CD - There are times where I do have to spam heal. Mini Dragon KQ, Robo KQ, if your party slips up against an AOE mob, if someone pulls bad agro - and being able to cast heal about 50% faster can really be a lifesaver.
5 points on Restore - Optional, but by itself, it is more SP friendly than heal and a very useful spell. It's definitely not heal, but in my personal healing style I end up using it almost just as much.
1 point in Invinc duration - I believe invinc starts at 8 secs, and the first point adds 3.8 seconds, which is a very worthwhile boost. I find that later boosts aren't worth as much, though. Keep in mind that the point of invinc is for emergency situations. But in later levels, in those emergency situations, the mobs will eat through 2k HP in 10 seconds anyway - or in one hit if you're against Mini Dragon. That really makes 5 points extra duration is wasted. So I can see myself agreeing with anywhere from 0-2, with my personal choice being 1.

Other points? Not sure yet - but rejuv looks like a very healthy option. It'll be more and more important as time passes and heal gets weaker, and I've found it very helpful recently for MD KQ, where it's easy to time his AOE hits. Also, it's a great substitute for taunt if you're doing the cleric/DD duo I mentioned earlier - I've saved tons of DD lives by spaming heal/rejuv just to get the mobs off them.

Once again, that's Laffy style for you, don't know if it'll work for Yosei style, but hopefully some of that info was useful. =)
Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 AM   #30
Lackluster
Kebing

Originally Posted by Lafieru View Post
Yep, decide your own thing! But here's my personal build:

5 points into Bash power - useful for soloing faster and for being a cleric tank if you want to do cleric/DD duos, which is an awesome way to level 30/40.
2 points into Bash SP - up to you, really. I started putting points into this, but then realized that Bash will stop upgrading after 60 - since I always try to plan for the long run, I decided to save those points for Paladin spells.
5 points into Heal SP - most used spell. Not just about saving money, but about saving hassle. The most common mistake I make as a cleric is paying so much attention to party HP during crazy bouts that I miss running out of mana. It takes me a second to realize this and use a SP stone, but in that time, sometimes the worst can happen. Also, unless you do make your own SP pots, if you don't do SP comsumption on heal, there's a very good chance you won't have enough SP, even with stones, for longer KQs (thinking of Mini Dragon especially). IMO, it's the spell you use 90% of the time, so it's totally worth it to put SP on.
5 points on Heal CD - There are times where I do have to spam heal. Mini Dragon KQ, Robo KQ, if your party slips up against an AOE mob, if someone pulls bad agro - and being able to cast heal about 50% faster can really be a lifesaver.
5 points on Restore - Optional, but by itself, it is more SP friendly than heal and a very useful spell. It's definitely not heal, but in my personal healing style I end up using it almost just as much.
1 point in Invinc duration - I believe invinc starts at 8 secs, and the first point adds 3.8 seconds, which is a very worthwhile boost. I find that later boosts aren't worth as much, though. Keep in mind that the point of invinc is for emergency situations. But in later levels, in those emergency situations, the mobs will eat through 2k HP in 10 seconds anyway - or in one hit if you're against Mini Dragon. That really makes 5 points extra duration is wasted. So I can see myself agreeing with anywhere from 0-2, with my personal choice being 1.

Other points? Not sure yet - but rejuv looks like a very healthy option. It'll be more and more important as time passes and heal gets weaker, and I've found it very helpful recently for MD KQ, where it's easy to time his AOE hits. Also, it's a great substitute for taunt if you're doing the cleric/DD duo I mentioned earlier - I've saved tons of DD lives by spaming heal/rejuv just to get the mobs off them.

Once again, that's Laffy style for you, don't know if it'll work for Yosei style, but hopefully some of that info was useful. =)
5 points into CD for heal is 33% faster.
Closed Thread